Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 7 dwaves vs scorching  (Read 1639 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 7 dwaves vs scorching
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 08:18:00 pm »

Fourth Winter

Dead Dwarves:26
Total Dwarfs:46
Nobles:2

God i hate Elephants. I lost 11 dwarfs becuase 3 elephants got lost into my fortress. I lost my new Elite marksdwarf and all of my military. I am beginning to expand hallways and build rooms for workshops and food. My first tower caps sprung up and had to be used by a carpenter who just happened to go possessed just. But i had 3 to spare for beds. Food is steady now. This fortress will be able to survive and i will end the results here and decide on whether i should put this in the wiki.

Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

OldMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 02:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by short_dwarf:
<STRONG>Third Winter
...and a bull. Bull? This is a male cow right?</STRONG>

Theoretically, female cattle are cows, male cattle are bulls, and the singular of cattle...  Er.  My dictionary says cattle only works as a plural.  There is never a single bovine apparently.  So...err.  You actually bought two female cattle, in two installments.  The second of which is yet to occur.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 08:34:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by OldMiner:
<STRONG>

Theoretically, female cattle are cows, male cattle are bulls, and the singular of cattle...  Er.  My dictionary says cattle only works as a plural.  There is never a single bovine apparently.  So...err.  You actually bought two female cattle, in two installments.  The second of which is yet to occur.</STRONG>

I refer you to the intellectual might of one Cecil Adams Check out the answer to the two latest questions there

Specificially notice the "neat" part, which according to Dictionary.com is:
"an animal of the genus Bos; a bovine, as a cow or ox."

[ January 22, 2007: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]

[ January 22, 2007: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"
Pages: 1 [2]