Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 7 dwaves vs scorching  (Read 1638 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
7 dwaves vs scorching
« on: January 19, 2007, 07:17:00 pm »

7 dwarves with no skills and only one pick as an equipment with no food or pets what so ever vs a scorching treeless map with no vegetation and full of elepahnts. who would win. Im gonna find out.    :D

Edit: May take a minute to start 150 worlds rejected so far.... and with nearly 5 perfect worlds made a rejected.

[ January 19, 2007: Message edited by: short_dwarf ]

Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 7 dwaves vs scorching
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »

couldnt find a scorching map with right spots so i chose a freezing map with no trees or vegetation and untamed wilds.

The helmed points of exicutioners    :eek:

Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:48:00 pm »

how do you get elephants on a scorching OR freezing map?  i thought they only showed up on warm?

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 08:28:00 pm »

took me a quick few minutes to remember that i wanted skilless dwarves..... woops. had to try again and then i found a treeless map with no veg and untamed wilds that was warm....close enough since i cant find scorching

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 08:33:00 pm »

i had to retry again since map had only a giant scorpion.....no elephants

Edit: may take a moment to start this since the maps i start only get giant animals....

[ January 19, 2007: Message edited by: short_dwarf ]

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:38:00 pm »

wow i had to create a WHOLE new world for this one seems to be an elephant derived world where they only appear in areas not so much of a challenge to love on.....

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 09:05:00 pm »

you might have better luck modding your elephants to live in more environments.  as it stands, they have the following setup:

code:
   [BIOME_ANY_TROPICAL_FOREST]
   [BIOME_SHRUBLAND_TROPICAL]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10066]

you might want to move them to "creature_standard" instead of tropical, ditch the homeotherm line, switch the biomes out for [BIOME_ANY_LAND].

Giving them a "Frequency" value, or higher "Population" might help to, i dunno.

But after you make those changes, you'll have to make a new map.

Or, if you wanted an elephant world, you could replace each biome file with one that contained only elephants of the appropriate type, and delete the other creatures (except those in the creatures_standard file, which give you the chasm and river monsters and demons and dragons and stuff.)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:15:00 pm »

it seems finding a map with no outdoor river and with elephants will take too long so i will go with the lowest possible with elephants in it

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

thanks i think that might work

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:59:00 pm »

ok a warm map with no trees vegetation and full of unicorns and elephants... with 7 skillless dwarves with only one pick and no food or pets. Time to watch the fun..  :D

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

suddenly, i want to mod elephants to crawl from the chasm...

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 11:07:00 pm »

hmm maybe if i feel like it i will have the elephants immune to fire and breath water and have them spawn from natural occuring, river, chasm, AND the magma. that would be living hell. (sorry for language but it fits)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 01:25:00 am »

First winter:

Dead Dwarves:1
  Total Dwarves:7
  Nobles:0

My dwarf that i had assigned as the miner is now at a compentent level. I lost my dwarf that was originally planned to be my fisher. I had another dwarf try fishing but gave up on it when he constantly failed. I got a loom going so that a dwarf could weave the spider silk into thread for trading. I was only able to trade 3 threads that i had been able to make for 10 plump helmets. All of my workshops are outside the fortress. The fortress is pretty small. If i knew how to set up a picture i would. Most of my dwarves or hungery. I dunno if they will through winter. Though i am sure they can.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 10:03:00 pm »

Second Winter

Dead Dwarfs:4
   Total Dwarfs:9

I have reached the chasm in a mad reach for the magma. My lone miner has only dug a small entrance, some space next to the river for farms, and a one space tunnel headed for the magma. The river is bridged with one space bridges set in every other square space. I got food steady now that the traders have come through. I have even shot down 3 elephants with one marksdwarf. That dwarf is an expert and has killed severel unicorns even though i cant butcher them  :(.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 10:03:00 am »

Third Winter

Dead Dwarf:6
Total Dwarfs:33

Food is still plentiful. I was able to buy some river spirits from the humans as well as a mule, 2 dogs, and a bull. Bull? This is a male cow right? The two dogs are trained into war dogs. I reached magma with out a flood. I even got 3 miners from a migration. I had gotten a Champion Marskdwarf. But he had died JUST has he got to that level. I already have smelting on the go. Iron and coal have been found.

Pages: [1] 2