Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rocket Batteries  (Read 1301 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocket Batteries
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 04:28:34 am »

It's entirely possible to set up a workshop as effectively doing arbitrarily complex multi-stage processing...
Spoiler: Man-workshop inputs (click to show/hide)
...I just wouldn't consider the tricky art of gunpowder-making as likely even fictionally abstracted to block-raw in and magic-powder out. Even if there's precedent (kitchens, e.g., with that mysterious mincing stage), it seems to me to be against the game philosophy (though of course not moddability, by any given Sylvester McMonkey McBean who wishes) to have a new and potentially game-changing product so simple, unfussed and streamlined.

No, I don't expect it to actually be at risk of exploding (though, as a balancing mechanic, it would be like miasma for a butchers, only more cave-in-like... even if general grinding, even intensive flour-grinding could also be mysteriously unsusceptible). But, when it comes to the percussive pummeling of expired equines, I think I've now fully expressed my thoughts on this, to be enjoyed or ignored.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocket Batteries
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 05:29:46 am »

Ah yes, the devestating effect of negotiating enough materials via trade to make more than enough gunpowder to keep outside in a stockpile or hidden in a special chamber just a single z layer beneath the surface, drop the pillars, ignite via dragon and...

Pages: 1 [2]