Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Aigasur - Competitive god game  (Read 5095 times)

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally into god games on forums
    • View Profile
Re: Aigasur - Competitive god game
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2021, 09:11:43 am »

Yeah, It’s a species of plant. I should have made that more clear, My bad.
The Lands of the Forsaken sound like a horrible place to live at this point...  ???

I'm going to give a day or two more for sapience / race discussion as well as generic species of things [Remember; non-sapient things you can create without further ado, sapient races will be made and molded similar to how the divine pact was molded; if there is no opposition, they stay the same as you suggested, otherwise they may be modified to suit other player's counter suggestions on what they'd like to see in the race.]
If there are no race proposals by tomorrow, the game will progress with only humans.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am." ~Writ of Arphaxad

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2021, 06:35:27 pm »

I shall come forth again to create once more.

From the water I shall create a family of creatures that will be known as "crabs", armored animals with menacing pincers and sideways walks. There shall be many varieties of The Crab, from tiny ones that scuttle along the shores to giant ones that make their homes in the choruses of Evbar. They shall all live on the Islands of Sedef, filling many niches and filling the role of the dominant form of life.

I still have some other plans with The Islands of Sedef, but I need to think, first.

OOC: Can I just create more, or is there a hard limit?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2021, 06:51:41 pm »

The tree’s won’t attack the residents of the forsaken land because they remind them of their master (Amon) Intruders or unwitting tourists on the otherhand... ( Am I supposed to make my species yet?)

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2021, 01:30:42 am »

OOC: Can I just create more, or is there a hard limit?
You can create more or less as many non-sapient species as you like, but bear in mind that they are not the focal point of the story. Gods and mortals may use or interact with these things in the world, and they'll be mentioned in the world info area, but, they are not key to the story. Also, do not feel the need to create mundane creatures unless you really want to; the world assumes that earlike fauna and flora exist (trees, wild pigs, and the like will exist unless players specify that one of the landmasses does NOT contain something in particular).

( Am I supposed to make my species yet?)
If you want to put forth suggestions or concepts for a sapient race, now is the time to do so.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am." ~Writ of Arphaxad

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2021, 03:31:38 pm »

My suggestion for a race is this, A race with pale skin and pale gold eyes with vertical pupils looking cold and arrogant. Their entire body excludes majesty and corruption. Their blood is a very dark red, And they have a very long lifespan. From birth they have the innate ability to corrupt or control the desires of others. They can also pray to Amon or any other god for various powers, (Like praying to Amon for evil/Demonic abilities and praying to other gods for specific powers or boons). In general as a race they are very neutral evil but you could probably make them good if you wanted to.

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2021, 10:51:57 pm »

From birth they have the innate ability to corrupt or control the desires of others. They can also pray to Amon or any other god for various powers, (Like praying to Amon for evil/Demonic abilities and praying to other gods for specific powers or boons).
Good concept. I only have a mechanical issue with the race having an innate ability to "buy" powers from gods simply by asking. Gods are free, and can give powers anyway, so specifying that a race can do this isn't really worth noting, unless they have the ability to "force" receiving boons after prayers, which I don't support.
As for the innate ability to corrupt or control others, I like it, as long as it has feasible limitations; for example, if it takes a lot of energy from to do the corrupting, and it's influence only lasts when in the presence of the corruptor, or something like that. Just trying to avoid anything too overpowered. Also, I assume this ability can also be used on members of their own race as well. Other than that, excited for this!

So far, we've only gotten one race suggestion. I'll give tomorrow as well, otherwise we will only have two races: Humans and Amott. [Calling them Amott after Amon, and because they were given no other name. Feel free to give the race a different name if you'd rather.]

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2021, 07:34:43 am »

Will be finalizing the race creation phase of this game today, so make your moves if you want to add in anything!
Currently we only have two sapient races; Humans and Amott.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2021, 11:11:39 am »

Setting up his throne in the Palace of Golden Leaves, Strum takes a moment to shake the Tree sending leaves flying in all directions . As they fall they change. Some transform into feathers, which twist in the wind and reunite with the tree further below. Others turn into scales, which plop into the ocean around the tree.

Here the further transform. The feathers turn into four golden wings, which now sprout from the back of a humanoid shape. This humanoid had two clawed hands and two clawed feet with shining feathers where hair would be on a mammal. They are capable of flying through the air as others are capable of walking, with keen eyes allowing them to see the ground from great heights. Strum calls them the "Pluck" as they are of feathers plucked from the tree.

The scales instead form a sailed tail likewise attached to the back of a humanoid. This humanoid is entirely covered in lizard-like scales giving it a form of natural armor allowing it to brave the many hazards of the ocean. While they can not breath water, they have been gifted webbed hands and feet in addition to their tails and an increased lung capacity allowing for super human swimming ability. They have the strength and endurance to make use of it, allowing them to swim for days without needing land to rest. He calls them the "Plunk" as they where those who punked into the ocean.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2021, 03:46:11 pm »

Strum calls them the "Pluck" as they are of feathers plucked from the tree.
He calls them the "Plunk" as they where those who plunked into the ocean.
OOC: Are these both races native to the Great Tree, or are they native to one of the other landmasses?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2021, 04:56:24 pm »

Strum calls them the "Pluck" as they are of feathers plucked from the tree.
He calls them the "Plunk" as they where those who plunked into the ocean.
OOC: Are these both races native to the Great Tree, or are they native to one of the other landmasses?

((Tree of the Gods, sure.))

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2021, 01:43:13 pm »

And so, the gods have convened, and the world and its mortal souls were put into being.
And the gods saw that the mortals moved about in the world, and began to form small tribes and villages, farms and hunting grounds. But they knew that the mortals would not be left alone for long.

The World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pantheon:

Thus, the gods set forth into the world, to make of it what they would.

OOC: And that's that! The world is set up, the stage aligned. Go forth!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2021, 05:37:05 pm »

Amon, has decided to make a Church! A temple that gives off a feeling of corruption and evil but also a strange holy feeling, As though you should bow at the sight of it. Inside this temple, There are colorful and beautiful murals filled with the temptation of power. Along the sides are statues of the gods mortal appearance except twisted and evil, As though revealing the ugliness of their true selfs. In the center is a cross more then 100 meters tall with strange and eldritch words drawings. Countless souls were trapped within the cross. On the center of this cross are the words “ The fruit of darkness spreads, Shrouded by the darkness of the cosmos, The parasites(Gods) will live within the darkness of the universe forever”.

Amon has also decided to give his species the knowledge of how to cook and etc. Along with various boons to help them survive. This has made a few of them insane shrieking about “Betrayal!” And “Don’t trust the chained one!”..............

Such silly creatures.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2021, 02:52:19 am »

1)I shall show myself to humanity, proving my unquestionable existance to them. ''Humanity, the inhabitants of my land, I have come forth to share my wisdom.'

2)Then I shall create a rock platform onto the sea, and a monolith on top. On this monolith shall my commandments be seen.

The Word of Egekay
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:57:14 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2021, 10:22:20 pm »

OOC: I'll give about two more days for the other players to act, and then we'll commence the first turn report.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2021, 09:37:57 pm »

Strum is suddenly inspired to try his hand at invoking rule 5.

1) Strum brings down clouds from high in the air, not to the earth but to a height that can be reached from the Great Tree. He hardens these clouds so they're made of a metallic cotton like material he dubs Cloud Iron. Cloud iron forms strands that can be used to make light-weight metallic outfits, or can be melted to likewise lightweight metallic equipment. It will be light enough that a Pluck can fly to claim the Cloud Iron and return home with a batch without issues. However it is too be weaker than traditional metal to keep within the bounds of Pact 4.

2) At the bottom of the Ocean, Strum creates a verity of under water volcanic vents. These vents will ever so often send shining black pearls toward the surface, which stop just deep enough for mortal pearl divers to be able to claim them if they see them sparkling below the waves. These Black Pearls will dissolve in fresh water, turning the water black and becoming a hard, heavy, glass-like material. Equipment can be made by making primitive molds, filling them with fresh water, then adding a Black Pearl. It is known to shatter easier than sacred crystal and be somewhat less hard, in addition to its weight making it difficult to use as equipment for weaker mortals as per Pact 4. 

However if a mortal where to find a way to combine Cloud Iron and Black Pearls, they would be able to create a material stronger than Sacred Crystal that is as heavy as they please. As pact four states thus:

4. It hereby agreed that no material may be made by the gods that is superior to sacred crystal [Sapphire Crystal], lest cracks form in reality and hell-demons and various abyssal monstrosities crawl forth from them.

a mortal is thus able to make material superior to sacred crystal without such penalty. Strum keeps an eye out for a demonic invasion just in case this experiment fails.

3) Strum vandalizes the Words of Egekay with

8) I am Strum and you should worship Strum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6