Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Aigasur - Competitive god game  (Read 5087 times)

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally into god games on forums
    • View Profile
Re: Aigasur - Competitive god game
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 02:10:10 pm »

4) Time will be linear only. Any God who deviates from the standard timeline to act in the future or past will have all the points they had earned between the "true time" and the "modified time" erased.

"Simply to keep things simple. Strum may be the most cleverest, but I would prefer to not have my hard work go up in flames because someone realized the omnipotent can interact with past events."

Etaf supports this law, but not the punishment.

{OOC: The turn structure is always linear anyway, and is reported as such. I guess I never considered gods jumping around back and forward in time, so best to close that issue right away to avoid insanity on my part when making a turn report. Therefore, I support the law. However, the punishment, being a mechanical punishment, doesn't make sense to me. Technically, gods are not aware that they have "points"; these are a player-made metric. However, perhaps permanently forcing a god into mortal form, losing their godhood without ever being able to regain it, would be a severe enough, and fitting, punishment.}

1.4. A god may not kill another god, lest the narration call them mean names in punishment.
[OOC: According to thematic introduction, true destruction of the gods cannot happen, as this would instead cause the universe itself to collapse and recede. The only way a god could truly die would be to be "snuffed out", with the debt of existence taking its toll.]

OOC I will give some more time in case other deities are joining us to start or if there is more rule discussion or law brainstorming/punishment modifying, and then I will post a list of the Divine Pact with all it's laws, along with what I gather are the votes from each player. Hopefully I will have the Pact posted by tonight, so we can move to the next stage: The World itself.
Players will of course be able to drop in later; thematically, it will be assumed that these deities were always present and silently consented to all the major decisions that were made earlier on.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 02:15:17 pm by Bakedtoast »
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am." ~Writ of Arphaxad

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 10:09:01 am »

Here is the Divine Pact we are entering forth into.
If you want to voice your opinion on any of the individual statements, or voice a change to the punishments for each individual law, let us know. Silence will be taken as support for the law in its current form.

--------------------------------------
1. A Deity may not "give" gifts, free of charge, to mortals. Mortals must earn gifts by completing challenges (fair challenges, which have a realistic chance of failure, and challenges that match the power of the gift) set forth by the deity offering the gift. The Punishment for giving gifts without challenges to mortals is that the receiving mortal(s) is allowed to make a demand of the god, free of charge, that the god must enact or resolve for them within the next 20 years, as long as their demand does not break any of the rules in the Divine Pact.

2. A god may not strike down a mortal, lest the god in question must grant a blessing to a member of the mortal's immediate circle of kinship; be it a friend, parent, child, or sibling, of whom they must have been in alignment with the mortal the deity struck down.

3. A god may not break a promise to mortals less they suffer the lash of being unable to speak to mortals for 20 years.

4. It hereby agreed that no material may be made by the gods that is superior to sacred crystal [Sapphire Crystal], lest cracks form in reality and hell-demons and various abyssal monstrosities crawl forth from them.

5. All Pacts must have an abusable Exception or Loophole either explicitly built in or allowed by those clever enough to exploit it. Taking advantage of this loophole will not cost points.

6. No God shall be able to control mortals into accepting deals. Using mind control for other purposes is however fair game. [Please propose punishments for this law, if anyone can think of any. Since we are in the voting stage, if only one punishment is proposed, it will become the punishment, no questions asked. Multiple proposals may be merged and adjudicated.]

7. Time will be linear only. Any God who deviates from the standard timeline to act in the future or past will have all the points they had earned between the "true time" and the "modified time" erased. [Alternate punishment proposal to vote upon: forcing a god into mortal form, losing their godhood without ever being able to regain it, would be a severe enough, and fitting, punishment.]
--------------------------------------------

OOC: I'll leave this for a while for players to vote up.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am." ~Writ of Arphaxad

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 05:12:15 pm »

For the mind control, I say a fitting punishment is having to do 3 favors for the mortal you were trying to control. All favors are to be carried out immediately once asked unless it breaks one of the rules of the divine pact.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 12:29:26 am »

[OOC: According to thematic introduction, true destruction of the gods cannot happen, as this would instead cause the universe itself to collapse and recede. The only way a god could truly die would be to be "snuffed out", with the debt of existence taking its toll.]
[OOC: At the very least killing a god's mortal shell once they get poor enough seems perfectly possible]

Teng finds the current pact barely tolerable.

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 09:51:24 am »

Here is the Divine Pact we are entering forth into.
Ample time was given to discuss various changes to the pact. The final version is presented here. This will also be pasted into the opening post of the game, to ensure everyone has access to it.

1. A Deity may not "give" gifts, free of charge, to mortals. Mortals must earn gifts by completing challenges (fair challenges, which have a realistic chance of failure, and challenges that match the power of the gift) set forth by the deity offering the gift. The Punishment for giving gifts without challenges to mortals is that the receiving mortal(s) is allowed to make a demand of the god, free of charge, that the god must enact or resolve for them within the next 20 years, as long as their demand does not break any of the rules in the Divine Pact.

2. A god may not strike down a mortal, lest the god in question must grant a blessing to a member of the mortal's immediate circle of kinship; be it a friend, parent, child, or sibling, of whom they must have been in alignment with the mortal the deity struck down.

3. A god may not break a promise to mortals less they suffer the lash of being unable to speak to mortals for 20 years.

4. It hereby agreed that no material may be made by the gods that is superior to sacred crystal [Sapphire Crystal], lest cracks form in reality and hell-demons and various abyssal monstrosities crawl forth from them.

5. All Pacts must have an abusable Exception or Loophole either explicitly built in or allowed by those clever enough to exploit it. Taking advantage of this loophole will not cost points.

6. No God shall be able to control mortals into accepting deals. Using mind control for other purposes is however fair game. The punishment for manipulating a mortal's free will into accepting deals is having to do 3 favors for the mortal you were trying to control. All favors are to be carried out as soon as possible once asked, unless it breaks one of the rules of the divine pact, in which case you are off the hook.

7. Time will be linear only. Any God who deviates from the standard timeline to act in the future or past will be forced into mortal form, losing their godhood without ever being able to regain it.

8. A god may not kill another god, as this will unravel the universe. The punishment for this is the literal unravelling of the universe. Just don't do it.

Adhere to these 7 sacred commandments, that the power of the gods does not destroy and unravel the universe.
------------------------

We are now moving on to the second portion of setting the stage, which is geography building. I mentioned in the original post that I was in favor of two landmasses, one being mundane with only humans and earth-like fauna and flora on it, while the other would contain everything else. I'm a fan of this because it gives a mundane backdrop to compare against. Of course, this is all up for discussion, and there can definitely be more than two land masses. My main idea is that I'd love to see a control group / backdrop, being the mundane lands of humanity, in comparison / contrast to all the rest of the things we build.
For this stage, you can propose various sets of geography for our world, and ideas that you would like to see in play in terms of geography. Remember that the world is small (in order to maintain ease of scope).

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 01:34:15 pm »

Do we create now, or?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 01:32:40 am »

Do we create now, or?
Yeah! Start discussing what you'd like in terms of geography. Are you ok with the proposed two landmasses (one with mundaneness and humans, and one with our creations), or do you have other suggestions you'd rather see?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 03:41:52 am »

Teng proposes a sea of islands! Small masses of land sprinkled in the picturesque sea! Mortals moving from chain to chain, or living beneath the waves!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 05:59:54 am »

Teng proposes a sea of islands! Small masses of land sprinkled in the picturesque sea! Mortals moving from chain to chain, or living beneath the waves!

Egekay agrees. It will be a great view from orbit. But in addition to this, having the island chains sparse, unconnected and far between will be more suitbale in terms of divesity, as each of the chains will act as a cultural microcosm on its own.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2021, 02:45:11 pm »

I agree with all current statements. However would it be acceptable to create a sort of continent for specific species to live on?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2021, 03:23:28 pm »

Strum has no idea if this discussion is going on in character or not, and will use his powers to break the 4th wall as necessary to make it IC.

We are now moving on to the second portion of setting the stage, which is geography building. I mentioned in the original post that I was in favor of two landmasses, one being mundane with only humans and earth-like fauna and flora on it, while the other would contain everything else. I'm a fan of this because it gives a mundane backdrop to compare against. Of course, this is all up for discussion, and there can definitely be more than two land masses. My main idea is that I'd love to see a control group / backdrop, being the mundane lands of humanity, in comparison / contrast to all the rest of the things we build.
For this stage, you can propose various sets of geography for our world, and ideas that you would like to see in play in terms of geography. Remember that the world is small (in order to maintain ease of scope).

"What is the purpose of having a continent with nothing interesting going on? If you wish to contrast an interesting land with a boring one, you could simply label a random region of Emptiness a continent so anything else seems interesting by comparison."

Egekay agrees. It will be a great view from orbit. But in addition to this, having the island chains sparse, unconnected and far between will be more suitbale in terms of divesity, as each of the chains will act as a cultural microcosm on its own.

"Creatures should be able to travel between the Islands without needing the blessing of the Gods or a particularly special means of travel beyond a ship. There should be mortals traveling and trading across the islands regularly."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2021, 07:54:14 pm »

I hope I’m not too late

Name: Sora
Default appearance: A large slug with wings shaped like a butterfly’s. Every part of Sora’s body is covered in numerous plants and bioluminescent fungi of various colors.
Pact Proposals (if any): No deity shall smite mortals. Punishment still being thought of
Agreements, disagreements, or discussions to previous pact proposals: I agree with the previous proposals given, as they will make interactions of mortals more important in spreading worship.

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 09:16:31 am »

I agree with all current statements. However would it be acceptable to create a sort of continent for specific species to live on?
Absolutely! Go ham with suggestions here, I'll amalgamate them at the end of the geography phase. Much like the Divine Pact phase, suggestions here will be put together and voted upon if necessary. Suggestions that have no contradictions will be automatically accepted [within reason].

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 12:20:14 pm »

Strum has no idea if this discussion is going on in character or not, and will use his powers to break the 4th wall as necessary to make it IC.
Teng is always in character! Even if [Teng is talking like this]

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 03:15:31 pm »

"Creatures should be able to travel between the Islands without needing the blessing of the Gods or a particularly special means of travel beyond a ship. There should be mortals traveling and trading across the islands regularly."

''I think we can all agree on that. Mortals will find their own ways to cross the blue abyys, as there is no need for us to put such boundaries.''

''But as all the rules are set and done, I, Egekay think that we should be starting to make things in our minds real.''

''I will be the first one to create a definite landmass! An archipelago of islands made out of white, pearly stones! Sedef islands shall be their name. There shall be 23 of them, all of which close in size and proximity. Sea around these islands shall be very shallow, and very sharply decend into the depths.

The islands will have an equatorial climate. Their surface shall be erratic in shape, with overhangs, cavities, sharp, rounded hills and elevated flats will be commonplace on them.''

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6