Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Aigasur - Competitive god game  (Read 5100 times)

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally into god games on forums
    • View Profile
Aigasur - Competitive god game
« on: January 23, 2021, 11:21:43 am »

Hello and welcome!

THEMATIC INTRODUCTION
For so long, they drifted in the dark. Beings who existed yet did not exist, with no beginning and no end. Floating without a purpose; as beings of nearly unlimited power, they fought constantly, but all them being equal in power and immortal did nothing. Eventually, something reached out, and gave them a new idea. They may be all powerful, but they were not all-knowing. It drew them forward and taught them that something could exist, it did not have to be just them.
Without the constant battling and huge releases of energy, the universe could form and develop. The force beckoned and drew them to a world. The elder consciousness lent them the understanding that this world would be the playground on which they could hone their craft. If left alone the planet would not develop what they sought, but if they helped it along, it would develop what they sought. This was their opportunity to shape the world below them, which in turn would shape what they sought.
While covered in water, it was barren when they first found it. But they were not sure what to do, a feeling that the all-powerful are not used to. Fighting broke out causing the entire universe to collapse and recede. Again, the elder consciousness brought the beings to calm; this time though, after directing them to another world that held promise, called Aigasur, it spoke: “What you seek is that with a soul, for only they can truly interact with you. As powerful as you are, you controlling the soul require power that destroys that with form, it can only pledge service to you. Make an accord, limit the amount of power you utilize, for only gods can survive a war of the gods. But beware; for while entangling with mortal souls can make one great, it can also make you like unto them.”

Until this point the “gods” had no use for names, a wrong that it was made clear must be rectified.
Once done, they must limit their power for the good of what they sought: mortal companionship.
Then the world must be sculpted, and life must be brought about.
Only then could they receive the companionship they so desired to be.

What to expect from this god game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-RULES

-HOW TO WIN

CREATING YOUR DEITY

As an Example, I will post my deity here, along with my pact proposals.

Divine Pact:

I hope this turns out well, and that many will be excited to join! Do not be afraid that you have to commit; many gods choose to act only minorly or temporarily, and remain silent for many decades before acting again, if at all. This is 100% acceptable. I'd prefer if you let us know if this is going to be the case, but if you don't, I'll forgive you.
I plan to keep this game reasonably active; the main days that I will be free to acct on this forum would mostly be early Saturday Morning, Friday evening, and possibly during the day on Mondays. Thus, if everyone is active and on-track, we can expect a weekly turn report if everything goes well.

As mentioned above, this first bout is for the deities to introduce themselves, propose Pact laws, discuss these laws, propose changes to laws, etc; I will be keeping an eye on this to see how it goes, and interject when I get a chance.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 09:35:20 am by Bakedtoast »
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am." ~Writ of Arphaxad

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Aigasur - Competitive god game
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 11:56:27 am »

Generally, I would have put the thematic introduction first, unspoilered, to help hook potential players. Why does the thematic introduction include non-thematic rules? Put that in the rules spoiler.

Humans will be one of the sapient races by default, and for ease of scope
Ugh. :-\ Fiiiiine.

There will be two central landmasses; one will be inhabited by humans, and the other by the other two races.
Honestly this is a bit too prescriptive for me.

Name: Teng
Default appearance: A waterfall of numbers, symbols, and math. Extra Parts for Amputation 1. Fractals and things. Extra Parts for Amputation 2. Spinny bits. Extra Parts for Amputation 3. Imaginary Numbers. Extra Parts for Amputation 4. Swarms of Golden Eyes.
Pact Proposals (if any):
1.1. A god may not strike down a mortal, lest they be suffer the lash of a 1 Action fine.
1.2. A god may not lie to mortals less they suffer the lash of being muted for 30 years.
1.3. A god may not refer to themselves in the first person lest they be lashed with suffering a higher debt of existence.
1.4. A god may not kill another god, lest the narration call them mean names in punishment.
1.5. It hereby agreed that no material may be made superior to sacred crystal, lest cracks form in reality and hell-demons and various abyssal monstrosities crawl forth from them.

Agreements, disagreements, or discussions to previous pact proposals:

1. A Deity may not "give" gifts, free of charge, to mortals. Mortals must earn gifts by completing challenges (fair challenges, which have a realistic chance of failure, and challenges that match the power of the gift) set forth by the deity offering the gift. The Punishment for giving gifts without challenges to mortals is that the receiving mortal(s) is allowed to make a demand of the god, free of charge, that the god must enact or resolve for them within the next 20 years, as long as their demand does not break any of the rules in the Divine Pact.
The Teng finds this pact proposal puerile, bothersome, unnecessarily restrictive and capitalist. Sometimes a god just wants to give mortals things. Why must arbitrary challenges be set for such blessings? Who are you to deny the generosity and largesse of the gods?! Foul cretin!

2. A Deity may not reveal itself to "all", or very large groups, of mortals, such that they have no way to doubt or refuse it's revelation. Religion should be spread by mortals, not by gods, whose duty it is to introduce. The Punishment for revealing to large groups of mortals is that the deity must cut off a portion of their Default Appearance body and allow the large group of mortals in question to feast on it and eat it. This body part will never return or grow back. The effects of such an action remain to be seen.
"My name... shall be Etaf." continues their miserly and small-minded ways. Who are you, miserable wretch, to deny the mortals the glory of witnessing divine majesty? To gaze upon their betters and become cognizant of the immensity and wonders of creation? To forbid the gods from displaying their divine selves to mortals is SIN.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:20:07 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 12:30:38 pm »

Generally, I would have put the thematic introduction first, unspoilered, to help hook potential players. Why does the thematic introduction include non-thematic rules? Put that in the rules spoiler.

OOC:
Thanks for your feedback. Updated the thematic introduction to be at the beginning.
As for humanity being one of the races, that is merely to provide a bland backdrop; you are in no way required to even touch them, if you so choose.
As for the landmasses, you are probably right; we will build a custom geography. I am merely aiming to simplify scope for ease of game management. We will be able to discuss this as a group further down the road.
As for the Divine Pact, feel free to debate, that's what is it being created for. We'll all discuss these as well. Your feedback is great!
I'm excited for this!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am." ~Writ of Arphaxad

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 12:54:38 pm »

Name: Strum
Default appearance: A maelstrom of darkness centered around a black pearl.
Pact Proposals (if any):
3) All Pacts must have an abusable Exception or Loophole either explicitly built in or allowed by those clever enough to exploit it. Taking advantage of this loophole will not cost points. For example with Pact Suggestion 1, granting immortality as a "punishment" then granting gifts to the no longer "mortal" will be freely allowed.

"Certainly the best god is the most cleverest, and certainly the most cleverest is Strum. But that is digressing. Pact 3 will allow us to demonstrate who can work around the ruleset the best, thus who is most deserving of the title. It will also allow those Gods who feel unrightfully limited by a pact some manner of fighting back, and allow for higher level maneuvering if one where to, for example, take away the example mortal's immortality before the gift is given to trick the gift giver into loosing points.

Naturally Pact 3 will be the Exception to Pack 3.
"

Agreements, disagreements, or discussions to previous pact proposals:

"Strum believes that talking in the first person is superior to all other forms, and demands that others do the same rather than be punished for having superior taste."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 01:08:25 pm »

Teng finds Pact 3 pleasing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 04:03:19 pm »

Name: Amon the Chained
Default appearance: A huge rag doll chained with thorny vines, With bright red bloody eyes and flowing shadows surrounding its body.
Pact Proposals: No God shall be able to control mortals into accepting deals. Using mind control for other purposes is however fair game.

Hello, Nice to see you. I hope we can start on favorable terms and agree not to sabotage each other. Only I’m allowed to do that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:07:44 pm by Knightwing64 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 04:08:07 pm »

Name: Amon the Chained
Default appearance: A huge rag doll chained with thorny vines, With bright red bloody eyes and flowing shadows surrounding its body.
Pact Proposals: No God shall be able to control mortals into accepting deals. Using mind control for other purposes is however fair game.

Hello, Nice to see you. I hope we can start on favorable terms and agree not to sabotage each other. Only I’m allowed to do that.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 04:11:48 pm »

Sorry. Misclick.  :-[

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 11:27:00 pm »

1. A Deity may not "give" gifts, free of charge, to mortals. Mortals must earn gifts by completing challenges (fair challenges, which have a realistic chance of failure, and challenges that match the power of the gift) set forth by the deity offering the gift. The Punishment for giving gifts without challenges to mortals is that the receiving mortal(s) is allowed to make a demand of the god, free of charge, that the god must enact or resolve for them within the next 20 years, as long as their demand does not break any of the rules in the Divine Pact.
The Teng finds this pact proposal puerile, bothersome, unnecessarily restrictive and capitalist. Sometimes a god just wants to give mortals things. Why must arbitrary challenges be set for such blessings? Who are you to deny the generosity and largesse of the gods?! Foul cretin!

2. A Deity may not reveal itself to "all", or very large groups, of mortals, such that they have no way to doubt or refuse it's revelation. Religion should be spread by mortals, not by gods, whose duty it is to introduce. The Punishment for revealing to large groups of mortals is that the deity must cut off a portion of their Default Appearance body and allow the large group of mortals in question to feast on it and eat it. This body part will never return or grow back. The effects of such an action remain to be seen.
"My name... shall be Etaf." continues their miserly and small-minded ways. Who are you, miserable wretch, to deny the mortals the glory of witnessing divine majesty? To gaze upon their betters and become cognizant of the immensity and wonders of creation? To forbid the gods from displaying their divine selves to mortals is SIN.

Etaf floats forward to address his fellow deity, Teng. First, he reflects upon his own proposals, and the thoughts Teng has put forth.
"Make no mistake, my friend; I wish not to bring us down unto the earth by restraining the giving of gifts; rather, to restrain any deity from wantonly disposing upon mortals artifacts of such power that they cause the world and universe to be destroyed. Also, Etaf would see the world like as unto a great stage, and the mortals, the stars of our great play; Etaf would see them do great things, and be rewarded for these great things.
As for mass revelation, I believe that thou mayst have good direction on this matter; I think thus, that I shall withdraw this law proposal from the divine pact, for the reasons that thou hast given unto me."

1.1. A god may not strike down a mortal, lest they be suffer the lash of a 1 Action fine.
1.2. A god may not lie to mortals less they suffer the lash of being muted for 30 years.
1.3. A god may not refer to themselves in the first person lest they be lashed with suffering a higher debt of existence.
1.4. A god may not kill another god, lest the narration call them mean names in punishment.
1.5. It hereby agreed that no material may be made superior to sacred crystal, lest cracks form in reality and hell-demons and various abyssal monstrosities crawl forth from them.

Pausing for a moment, Etaf considers the proposals of Teng.
"If, by striking down, thou meanest the use of divine might or wrath to slay a mortal, I support thee in this law. However, I believe not that gods, as thou sayeth thyself, with their largesse and grandeur, should be humiliated thus with a lash, binding their power. I propose that a more fitting punishment be bestowed, one that will be reflected in the lives of mortals. I must consider what I would advise unto thee as a more fitting punishment, for I wot not at this hour what that shouldst be.
Forth into the ideal of truth, and not lying, I, Etaf, do state that I find a more fitting counter-proposal; namely, that broken promises be restrained; lies thus, about doing or enacting a certain thing, and not doing it, wouldst be forbidden, but half-truths, misleading facts, and the like, shall be fair sport. As for it's punishment, if thou meanest to say that the god may make no audible sound for 30 years, I agree, but to make it 20 years [OOC; to fit in with one turn].
Referring to oneself, like unto the name a god has chosen, I believe must be the choice of the god; I do not support this law. I also do not support an increase in the debt of existence, for this encumbers deities wrongfully.
I support thine law of sacred crystal, with one question unto thee; this material, sacred crystal, what is it? And how strong is it?"
[OOC: As a player, I suppose I'm just not a major fan of OOC punishments for in-game laws. An action fine, or increased existence debt, are mechanical punishments, and I prefer thematic or role-playing punishments. Of course, if the law passes as is, it is what it is. These are jsut my two cents here.]

Pact Proposals (if any):
3) All Pacts must have an abusable Exception or Loophole either explicitly built in or allowed by those clever enough to exploit it. Taking advantage of this loophole will not cost points. For example with Pact Suggestion 1, granting immortality as a "punishment" then granting gifts to the no longer "mortal" will be freely allowed.

Etaf turns unto Strum, and pauses for a long moment.
"In this, I disagree. For, a single law, or even many, may have these escapes within their sacred text; but for all to have this is unseemly; if a god is to find these of their own accord and use them, greatness be unto them; but, as thou sayest, becoming clever is becoming great, and blatantly revealing these loopholes unto all the gods will thus void the cleverness of discovering these loopholes.

Seeing Amon, Etaf hums contentedly.
"I agree with thy proposal. However, a fitting punishment must be sought out for one who would break this law."

[OOC: I will give the weekend for more discussion on initial laws for the Divine Pact, after which I will amalgamate the discussion and create a voting panel for each law and it's punishment, and we'll see how the divine pact will turn out!]

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 11:29:16 pm by Bakedtoast »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 12:01:36 am »

[OOC: As a player, I suppose I'm just not a major fan of OOC punishments for in-game laws. An action fine, or increased existence debt, are mechanical punishments, and I prefer thematic or role-playing punishments. Of course, if the law passes as is, it is what it is. These are jsut my two cents here.]
[OOC: That's completely fine lol. This is already more support than I expected for any of my pacts. I generally view divine action units as an in-character resource, but if that isn't the case here, that's fine. I assumed that the debt of existence is also known as an in-character construct. Narration is completely OOC though and I'm sorry. heh  :P And proposing alternate punishments is also go! I deliberate made the muting 30 years to mess up your gming because I was feeling trollish when writing the pacts. Sorry!]

Forth into the ideal of truth, and not lying, I, Etaf, do state that I find a more fitting counter-proposal; namely, that broken promises be restrained; lies thus, about doing or enacting a certain thing, and not doing it, wouldst be forbidden, but half-truths, misleading facts, and the like, shall be fair sport. As for it's punishment, if thou meanest to say that the god may make no audible sound for 30 years, I agree, but to make it 20 years [OOC; to fit in with one turn]
Teng finds this adulterated Pact 1.2 acceptable!

I support thine law of sacred crystal, with one question unto thee; this material, sacred crystal, what is it? And how strong is it?"
Teng holds up a sample of sacred crystal. It appears to be mundane sapphire. Teng is willing to accept alternate candidates for Sacred Crystal however.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:05:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 12:39:24 am »

Teng holds up a sample of sacred crystal. It appears to be mundane sapphire. Teng is willing to accept alternate candidates for Sacred Crystal however.
Etaf finds this material acceptable.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 08:07:52 am »

Name: Egekay
Default Appearance: A floating crystalline monolith, with gravings written on that only Egekay itself can understand.
Agreements, disagreements, or discussions to previous pact proposals: I agree with these current proposals.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 04:58:07 pm »

I find all current terms acceptable.

Bakedtoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 11:12:23 am »

Etaf proposes an alternate punishment to this rule: The punishment for striking down a mortal would be that the god in question must grant a blessing to a member of the mortal's immediate circle of kinship; be it a friend, parent, child, or sibling, of whom they must have been in alignment with the mortal the deity struck down. [OOC: This will help prevent a god from quashing mortals in their ideological movements, as smiting one member may end up bolstering the rest of the group.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 11:31:49 am »

4) Time will be linear only. Any God who deviates from the standard timeline to act in the future or past will have all the points they had earned between the "true time" and the "modified time" erased.

"Simply to keep things simple. Strum may be the most cleverest, but I would prefer to not have my hard work go up in flames because someone realized the omnipotent can interact with past events."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6