Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica  (Read 3877 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2021, 08:21:42 pm »

Aera

Homer, might I ask what you hope to accomplish by tracking our movements and actions in the world?

Travel southwest and then blow a wind of prosperity to the hills in the north.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2021, 08:31:15 pm »

Continue plan to cook/preserve meat. Start up a fire using my super strength/agility to make friction. Smoke the meat over fire. Get some salt for preservation/flavor by evaporating sea water on a bark tray or some hot rocks.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2021, 08:46:11 pm »

Acter Nobody

Bone it shall be, then. It's a shame this world doesn't allow fabrication of artifacts from naught, but the power of divinity does vary from realm to realm.

As for helping these people develop the use of metal... Acter will mention it in passing to some of the craftspeople. Hopefully, the inspiration of progress will allow them to figure it out quickly.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2021, 11:55:09 pm »

Max

(What body plan does the creature have?  I see it has teeth, and presumably a mouth.)

Use Analysis to find out the best way of creature removal, and enact it.  Killing it is okay, but don't bother if it doesn't seem necessary.

Then try to see the survivors off, either scaring them away, or using the stealth power to avoid more of them.  Keep the body if I killed this one.

Try to stay near the ice so I can analyze it next turn

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2021, 04:39:20 pm »

Turn 12

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

All
You have received another of those telepathic messages!
<It seems that you are not all quite as uncultured as I thought. I am Lisa, patron god of Art. One of you has created something worthy of my attention. I'll be tracking the most important treasures of Jeoathica going forward.>

Acter Nobody
While creating something from nothing is not within your current skillset, creating something without the need of tools is! You have successfully created an artifact spear that should serve you well if you want to hunt giants, and you appear to have gained some degree of recognition with the local deities while you were at it! You may want to give the thing a name.

You mention metal to the local craftsmen. They don't seem to immediately grasp why it would be more useful than rocks.

Aera
You continue on your way, and send out more wind of prosperity to the north. From your current vantage point you can see the results of your previous one. The plants are getting noticably bigger, and there is a lot of fruit growing here. Small yellow lizardlike animals play around in the canopy above.

You take a moment to ask Homer about why he is keeping track of you, and get a response. <Why does a god do anything really? But to answer your question its because its the first opportunity I had to map this place out in a very long time, and that's just what I do.>

Lysirithanth
You sit down and wait for the wood to dry out... After a while it occurs to you that wood can take several months before it dries in this manner. While it is certainly within your ability to sit around for that long waiting, there are probably other things you could do in the meantime. Alternatively, some kind of magic might help to expedite the process.

Just sitting around and waiting is liable to consume multiple turns anyway.

Max
You use Analysis on the critter. This one appears to be more of a curious infant than a serious threat and the other ones in the area aren't going after you. You gently nudge it with the blunt end of your spear and encourage it to get off of you. A bit more investigation reveals that there is a much larger animal with the same appearance not too far in the distance which might have been a problem had you handled the situation differently. Its sort of like... A reptillian armadillo? But evidently not cold-blooded.

Another deific message. This one doesn't seem to be immediately affecting you. You learn something else about how the gods are working. This seems to be a wide-range broadcast as opposed to a direct attempt to communicate with you in particular. You're not certain, but its possible that this god will not actually know about you specifically if you do not respond.

Salem Monroe
You spend some time preparing a fire at the beach and smoking meat over the fire, and as luck would have it the nearby body of water does indeed contain salt which doesn't take too long to procure! With this, your master plan of cooking and preserving meat has been completed! Even with this preparation it won't keep forever, but you probably won't have to worry too much about it so long as you ward off potential scavengers who might be inclined to steal it.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoarthica
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2021, 05:05:15 pm »

Lysirithanth

Wait.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:56:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2021, 07:33:58 pm »

Lisa must really like meat.

Part 2 of the plan, go back to the net trap I ruined and swap out the raw meat with the cooked version! Then cook said raw meat!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2021, 03:52:10 pm »

Finally.  A god who doesn't care specifically about people.  That's one I can use to help rid myself of the interferance from the others.

On the other hand, it's a god who will know anytime you do anything sufficiently artistic.  Sufficiently good work with your hands..

Can't I just be free of them?  Let what I do be found by others who wander?  Be spread without knowing every last thing that happened?

"Lisa, are you listening?  Would you like to see me make something beautiful?"

Analyze the ice, and try to figure out where I can find a thicker layer of it.  A couple inches isn't enough to properly quarry.  Try to walk in that direction while talking to Lisa.

If I don't get a response, just be quiet.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2021, 01:36:04 am »

Aera

Blow another wind of prosperity to the north. Have the air lift me up into the canopy above and play with the lizards. Try to feed them some of the fruit growing nearby.

To Homer: You've been around for a long time then, I'm guessing? Do you know much about the other gods? Aside from yourself, I have also met Morse.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2021, 05:40:32 pm »

Turn 13

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Acter Nobody
(Your turn has been skipped as you didn't post. See turn 12 to see what is currently happening for you)

Aera
You blow more wind of prosperity to the north, and the effects are much lesser than the last one; albeit not completely ineffective. Bringing more prosperity to a land may require investments beyond just winds of prosperity. Meanwhile you go to play with some of the local fauna. Some of them flee, but there are a few that do not mind your presence. In particular, there's one that looks extremely old that is willing to allow you to feed it.

<I have, yes. It is customary to keep out of eachother's business whenever possible. Though if you are seeking a new contact, I can say with confidence that Henderson will not be offended if you wanted to talk.>

Lysirithanth
You decide to wait.

A few purple folk seem curious about what you are doing, but they don't bother to approach you to ask.

Max
You ask Lisa if they want to see you make something beautiful. You get a vague feeling of incredulity in response. Pehaps this is a rather common sort of thing that people say to Lisa that is not deemed worthy of a response?

You Analyze the ice. This reveals that large creaturs stomping on it is a fairly regular event. You might be able to find thicker sources of ice if you head further to the south, where the weather is colder. It may be wise to prepare a bit before doing so as you are not currently adapted to the cold.

Salem Monroe
You head back south to go find the meat you left in the trap, to find that it is no longer there. There's a bit of a mess at the trap which suggests it was torn into by an animal and not a hunter. The animal does not appear to have stuck around. It doesn't stop you from putting the cooked version in, but if you want to do more cooking you'll need to look elsewhere.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2021, 05:45:11 pm »

Wait.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2021, 08:06:02 pm »

(Why is Max not adapted?  He's spent all game in the cold.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2021, 08:22:04 pm »

(Why is Max not adapted?  He's spent all game in the cold.)

The level of cold temperature that you have been exposed to so far is within the capabilities of a normal person to survive in, so it didn't qualify as a 'situation' in and of itself at that point, and your chosen task was finding a way to understand/subvert the effects of the gods which is unrelated.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2021, 11:40:52 pm »

Nah.  "Maybe" and "Might" isn't good enough.  I thought maybe I could find ice here, too, and it's not useful.  I'm not losing all my progress for the privilege of maybe finding more ice somewhere, when I can do that walking in any other direction.

Continue looking for ice in either an eastwards or westwards direction.  Pick whichever one seems less hazardous.  If no obvious choice stands out, go westwards.

Continue analyzing the ice to find it in quantity.  'Might' and 'Maybe' aren't good enough, so keep working at it until I can find it with a high degree of certainty.  An ice river should be good enough too, that builds up over a flow or an existing chunk, and will also be solid.

Stay in open terrain, the better to watch out for giant monsters.  Don't approach any creatures unless they look dead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2021, 11:41:43 pm »

Acter Nobody

Hmn... 'The Earth's Grasp'. Yes, that sounds good.
Where has the Konnavaal been most recently seen? I believe there is a hunt to conduct.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6