Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica  (Read 3880 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 06:19:42 pm »

...hmn. Overshot a good bit. Oh well.
I believe that mortals usually make their early settlements on water... let's see.

Translate one tile southeast and one tile south.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 06:48:02 pm »

Salem dusts himself off and grabs ahold of the ruined tree, dragging it with him towards that large body of water in the North.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 11:38:40 pm »

Do I have a name for that creature?

Carefully play keep away with the gremlin-like creature, using Subsidience if necessary, while carefully examining it and its surroundings.  Try to find out where it came from, and, if possible, acquire a sharp stick.

If it loses interest, follow it until my stealth power is available again, and then taunt it through song.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 11:01:49 pm »

Aera

Fly north on my pterodactyl and try to get a better look at the creatures moving north to figure out what they are, how many of them there are, and where they might be going.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 05:18:22 pm »

Turn 4

If you don't include your character name, I have to look it up which makes the update take longer. Not much longer, but still.

Acter Nobody
You begin travelling south and to the east, and encounter more of the local wildlife. This one is a quadruped with a brown pelt, long legs and a long snouth. It appears to be bleeding from a wound inflicted by a couple of spears. The beast is heading to the west.

Aera
You fly northwards and manage to get above where the action is. You see about a dozen purple creatures standing upright and one very large red and black colored beetle. The purple creatures are fighting the bettle, attacking it with what appears to be some manner of crude spear. The beetle is moving about erratically. It may be hard to tell where they are going until the conflict comes to an end.

Lysirithanth
You traverse the esert to the south. You see a number of creatures walking about upright. You note how purple colored they are. In the area, there are a number of primitive shelters that appear to be made primarily of animal hide and bone. Some of the nearest ones look to you and appear to be concerned.

Max
You do not have a name for the thing, but I suppose you could call it whatever you want. You spend some time looking at it from different angles. The creature appears noticably irritated, but it does not appear to have seen through your second turn of Subsidience yet. As for where it came from, its pretty hard to say but it does not appear to be an otherworldly invader.

Being in a forest, finding a stick is easy and finding one that is sharp is only marginally harder. You manage to pick up an okay-looking pointy stick from the ground. The creature's ears perk up as you do, and it starts running off to the northeast!

Salem Monroe
You go ahead and help yourself to a tree and start dragging it to the north. The journey is a bit awkward. While the tree heavy enough to cause some encumbrance even for you, that isn't what makes the journey difficult. The bigger problem is all the other trees getting in the way and you find you need to frequently shift the angel of the tree in order to navigate through the other trees.

A couple of small yellow reptilian creatures watch you from the branches of trees above.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 05:42:00 pm »

"Hello."

Unless they approach me, disregard the creatures and proceed south.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 10:49:26 pm »

Max

Drop the power, and forget about pursuing the gremlin.  I want my power to be fresh before doing anything agressive.  Wait a while to find out if it's coming back with a fake, and then slowly move generally southwards.

As I go, spend some time optimizing the pointy stick.  Try to make it more like a javelin.  If I need more raw material, pick up another stick and start over.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:26:28 am by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2021, 11:18:10 pm »

Acter Nobody

Very interesting.

Follow the betrunked beast's tracks backwards, in search of the tracks of its hunters. I should like to find these people, if people they may be.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 01:30:56 pm »

Alright, fine. We'll just do this here then.

Salem waves to the small creatures, finds sharp rock, and begins carving his tree into a dugout canoe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2021, 01:39:56 pm »

Aera

Continue flying/scouting north, but keep an eye on how the battle is going.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 03:37:46 pm »

Turn 5

All
You have received some kind of telepathic message!
"Hello. My name is Morse. I am the God with the domain of Communication. For my own convenience, I have ensured that you will be able to communicate with the people of this world without problems. Note that this only extends to concepts that the person you are talking to is able to understand."

Acter Nobody
Rather than following the creature, you go to the east in the direction that it came from. In doing so, you instead find what caused the injury!

You see a few primitive fortifications to the east made of wood and twine, and beyond that there are some equally primitive dwellings. A few wooden spears with a stone tip are embedded in the ground not far from where you are now.

There are what appear to be people not too far away. The first thing you notice about them is how purple they appear to be!

Aera
You fly further to the north, and you can see trees beyond the hills in the distance. You don't go too far so as to keep your eye on the conflict below. After a while, the purple people succeed in taking down the beetle. After that, they begin to remove sizeable pieces of it and begin to carry them to the west! A few more people appear from the west to head towards the felled beetle.

Lysirithanth
You say hello. The words sound a bit different from what you intended to say, but the message appears to have gotten across. Two of the purple creatures weilding some kind of spear approach you. One of them warily says hello back. Both of them move to block your path, or rather, they move in the way of your path as this would not be sufficient to block you if you were inclined to continue moving in spite of it.

Max
You de-activate your stealth power, and after a bit of waiting the creature which you have dubbed a 'Gremlin' did not return. You travel to the south for a while and reach the edge of the wooded area. A thin layer of snow covers the ground below you.

You work on improving your pointy stick technology, and determine that your current stick is not ideal for the project. After some experimentation you get yourself a new stick. This one is not quite as pointy as the last one, but it makes up for this by being larger, and sturdy enough to not break after a single stab.

Salem Monroe
You wave to the tree critters, but they do not appear to find meaning in the gesture, then you manage to find a decent rock for your intentions. You then begin to start hollowing the tree in order to convert it into a boat.

You are about halfway done before you are interrupted. The yellow tree reptiles flee the area. With your enhanced senses, you can hear the high pitched screech of a very large bat-like creature with a long prehensile tail and notice it as it flies directly towards you.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2021, 04:07:27 pm »

Max
Max grumbles to nobody.

"Does everyone on this world have a direct line inside my head?  How am I supposed to go unnoticed if every single deity can just contact me, wherever I am and whatever I'm doing, anytime they want to?  I've been here like twenty minutes and I've already acquired someone following around my every move, and now some telepath is messing with language.  Language!  Might as well kill somebody, could have just left me unable to understand my own thoughts."

"Curse you, Morse.  My own abilities, such as they are, could have covered communication just fine.  And now they never will.. I won't experience the joy of learning how to do that, and things just got that much less interesting."

Acquire more javelins, and find something to use for a strap, if necessary to carry them.  I'd like four or five of them.  Continue heading generally southwest, near where the trees fade out to.. whatever kind of terrain is to the south.

Do I need to actively direct adaptation to resist these random intrusions?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:55:48 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 01:42:36 am »

"You don't have to be scared of me. You don't have to try to stop me either, but I assure you that I have no reason to mind either way."

Keep moving south.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 02:25:51 am »

Aera

Hello Morse. Thank you for the information.

Fly/scout west towards where the purple people are coming from / going to.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 03:27:50 pm »

Salem brings up his work-in-progress boat and turns it into a makeshift shield using his inhuman strength - putting it between him and the bat-thing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6