Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica  (Read 3876 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica
« on: January 22, 2021, 03:04:41 pm »

Welcome to Jeoathica!

This is a relatively young world. This is a land of vast oceans, tall mountains, dense jungles and very large animals. Scattered tribes of people are the closest thing to civilization within this realm. This is a world of great potential however; with bountiful materials and immense quantities of untapped arcane energies. Oh, and I did I mention that you are a demigod here? That might help too.

You have what it takes to make of this world what you will. Will you bring prosperity to these lands? Perhaps destruction? Or maybe you just want to chill and drink smoothies or something who am I to judge?

Clich here for a link to the OOC/signup thread.

For optimal results, you'll want to participate in more than just one world. Note that this one has the additional restriction that you need to be running your own world in order to play in this thread.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - IC: Jeoathica
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 03:05:34 pm »

Player Characters:

Spoiler: Acter Nobody (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aera (MeimieFan88) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lysirithanth (Egan_BW) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max (Devastator) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salem Munroe (Stirk) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:44:43 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 04:56:33 pm »

Turn 1

Note: You can make changes to your application until you take your first action!

All
You have received some kind of telepathic message!
<It seems that there are a few new icons on my map. I am Homer, God of Cartography! I don't particularly care what you intend to do on this world, but I intend to keep track of you as you do it. Let me know what color I should use to represent you. If you don't, I'll just choose something for you myself.>

Acter Nobody
You find yourself in what appears to be a wasteland. The ground below you is very dry and the temperature is hot. You see a hill off in the east. The south appears to be comparably greener than other directions.

Aera
You find yourself in a prairie. There are hills to the northeast and a forest to the west. The weather is fair. You can feel a gentle breeze from the south.

Lysirithanth
You find yourself at the edge of a desert to the south. The temperature is currently warm. You can see some greenery to the north of your current location.

Max
((Note: Make sure that you finalize your application in the OOC thread before taking your action and make sure I see it.))
You find yourself in an evergreen forest. The temperature is cold and the air is still. The greenery appears a bit sparser to the south.

Salem Monroe
You find yourself in a clearing in a forest. There are trees in every direction. Not far to the south, you can see a pond. The temperature is cool. You can faintly detect the smell of salt in the air.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 05:03:56 pm »

Ah, salutations, sir Homer. I typically find myself associated with cyan, if you don't mind. I suppose that white on black or vice versa might also be suitable, however, if cyan shows poorly.
Could you perhaps inform me of my whereabouts? At least, if there might be any mortals about nearby.

Acter begins walking off toward the south.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 11:07:27 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 08:39:47 pm »

Greetings, Homer. Light blue on blue would be my preferred hue. Steel blue could also be used.

Let the breeze carry me north, and blow a Wind of Prosperity to the hills in the northeast.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 09:53:33 pm »

Max isn't terribly happy with having his movements tracked.. he's aware of his weakness.

"Use whatever colour you like, but keep my whereabouts to yourself, okay?"

Go climb a nearby rise, and thence a tree, so I can find out more about my surroundings.  Is all forest?  Are there any signs of life?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 07:57:35 am »

"Whatever works for you. It'd be nice not having to keep track of my own map."

Salem states while doing a variety of stretches.

"Now let's see just what this body can do."

With one final stretch, Salem suddenly leaps into the air. He attempts to get as high as possible while looking around at his surroundings like a 'human' satellite.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 10:06:16 am »

"I Am. How strange. I wonder what could have brought this about. Or perhaps I always was, and only now I realize?"

<Titanium silver.>

Remain in place and observe the sky.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 03:05:09 pm »

Turn 2

For best results, include your character's name in each action post.

Acter Nobody
Homer informs you that <If there was anyone who was able to use maps, then I might be able to tell you of their location. Unfortunately, this is not the case.>

You walk to the south for a while. The elevation of the ground decreases slightly as you do so. The area appears to be slightly more hospitable than where you started from.

You encounter some of the local wildlife. It appears to be a mammalian creature covered in orange and black striped fur. It stands about two meters tall and is at least six meters long. Its shape is like a rectangular prism. It does not appear to have noticed you yet.

Aera
You finds that the natural breeze is not sufficient to carry you without magic augmentation. This is not enough to impede you from travelling to the north. You find more hills in this direction and get a better view of the forest to the west.

You invoke the Winds of Prosperity on the hills. Some odd red mushrooms start to grow in the area. The consequences of this action have yet to make themselves known...

Lysirithanth
You remain where you are and look up to the sky. The sky above is a light blue color, and there are not many clouds. You see two stars in the sky, supposedly being orbited by this planet. One of them is yellow in color and the other is a light blue. The light blue one is bigger.

Max
Homer responds. <Very well then.>

You go to climb a tree in order to get a better view of the area. The forest is pretty large, but you think you can see a clear spot to the southeast.

Paying attention for signs of life, you manage to detect some movements in the foliage below. Whatever is down there appears to be smaller than you are, and pretty good at hiding.

Salem Monroe
You use your Enhanced Body in order to leap high into the air and look around. You are easily able to get above the forest canopy, and you see that the forest is a pretty large one. To the north, you can see a larger body of water, though you can't make out the finer details from here.

... You then find yourself descending towards the ground! A large tree branch snaps off of one of the trees as you collide into it. The experience is somewhat painful, but you do not appear to be seriously hurt from that. The same cannot be said for the tree though.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 03:18:25 pm »

Acter Nobody

Curious, but not what I'm looking for.

Acter will turn toward the southwest, and continue in that direction. He will additionally use his spatial translation to do so more quickly.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 03:37:36 pm »

(Lys)

Well, since I can clearly see part of a label or something to my south on the map, go that way, into the desert.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:38:02 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 06:36:52 pm »

Max

Activate my shrouding power, and carefully approach the creature to find out what it is.  After doing so, return to hiding and release said power.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 05:37:30 am »

Aera

Summon a Bird of Prey and ride it into the skies to get a better view of the surrounding land.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 05:52:43 pm »

Turn 3

Acter Nobody
You use your Spatial Translation to expedite your travels to the southwest, skipping past some of the terrain in the process. You have arrived at a coast, near a large body of water, the end of which cannot be seen from your current location. The grass below your feet is long as the mud is sticky. You can see what appear to be insects about the size of a beach ball floating in the water near the shore. They look a bit like beach balls as well.

Aera
You invoke your Bird of Prey ability to summon a Giant Pterodactyl, and ride on it to scout around your current location...

There are more forests to the west. From an aerial viewpoint it is hard to get a read on anything going on over there. In the northeast the hills recede and the elevation is quite a bit lower.

Other things of note, is that you can see a very large animal on the other side of the hill area that you previously blessed. There also appears to be a considerable amount of creatures moving about to the north, beyond the hills just north of you.

Lysirithanth
You travel towards the south, inspired by what appears to be part of a label in the mental map that Homer put in your head. You appear to be in some kind of 'esert' now. The sands below your feet are a light orange color. Large boulders dot the land and you think you can see something artificially made in the distance to the south.

Max
You activate your Subsidience ability and descend from the tree to check on the movement. You stealthily approach the bush and find what appears to be a pitch black colored demihuman that stands about half as tall as yourself. It has pointed ears and purple eyes. You get a good look at its mouth, and notice that its teeth are pointed with a few sharp teeth as well. Its legs look fairly well built, suggesting that it can run pretty fast.

The creature is looking around, and paying attention to the tree you were in previously. It seems a bit confused. You elect to climb up a different tree in the area before releasing Subsidience.

Salem Monroe
(You have not posted an action for this turn).

You pick yourself up off the ground...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 05:57:10 pm »

"Just what is an 'eshert' anyways."

Walk to the south some more. Not like I'm in any big hurry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6