Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What actually happens when you raze a site?  (Read 1049 times)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What actually happens when you raze a site?
« on: January 22, 2021, 10:32:39 am »

I just razed a goblin site of 75 pop. Only 5 goblins got killed during the thing, so I'm just wondering what happened to the remaining 70? And to livestock and so on?

The goblin civ had 4 sites all in adjacant squares, so now 3 sites left - none of these sites seem to have gotten a population boost. They're still at what they were before the razing, 75, 100, 300.

I'm going to raze all the site of the civ (as it seems to be the only way to end a war!), and wonder what happens when the last site is razed?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What actually happens when you raze a site?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 12:20:02 pm »

You killed 5 hist figs, but non hist figs are not counted. If you look at Legends Mode you often find that survivors flee into the wilderness and sometimes form refugee camps, but there's no indication that they flee to adjacent settlements instead.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:44:54 pm »

Thanks!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 07:05:14 pm »

Im inclined to believe it doesn't work the way it was intended, but for all intensive purposes it does cause people to leave so it does kinda work but I believe there's more to it, especially to refugee traffic which when you start intercepting is very erratic & common.

The only time i've EVER seen any kind of follow up from a raze work as i might expect was one time i razed a pit, they left & it breifly for what must have been DF fortress mode 'days' turned into a explorable only ruin then was re-occupied by elves, this anecdote happened a while ago in about 44.12, so the refugee camp must have moved to a new site more than a day's distance away while the elves moved in from afar.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 09:02:58 am »

Im inclined to believe it doesn't work the way it was intended, but for all intensive purposes it does cause people to leave so it does kinda work but I believe there's more to it, especially to refugee traffic which when you start intercepting is very erratic & common.

The only time i've EVER seen any kind of follow up from a raze work as i might expect was one time i razed a pit, they left & it breifly for what must have been DF fortress mode 'days' turned into a explorable only ruin then was re-occupied by elves, this anecdote happened a while ago in about 44.12, so the refugee camp must have moved to a new site more than a day's distance away while the elves moved in from afar.

The site became an explorable ruin right away. This goblins civ is a bit secluded from other sites, so maybe that's why noone else goes there.

I think when this fort is done I will send an adventurer to the are and look around for refugees. If they survived I guess there is a group of goblin refugees somewhere nearby.