Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Multiverse Crash - OOC/signup Thread.  (Read 7238 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Crash - OOC/signup Thread. Character Applications are now Open!
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2021, 12:20:16 pm »

Before I add either of your characters to the IC thread, could you give me a list of bonuses/maluses you'd want? Two from profession, two from race (or other backstory stuff, if you don't feel like your race really lends itself to bonuses), and you can take maluses to get an equal amount of extra bonuses.

Maybe put them into the OP statblock thing?
Yeah, Supernerd, could you please do this?

-Seamanship
Skiesmanship, actually. But yeah, this is good.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2021, 12:29:52 pm »

True, it would.
It’s your decision.

I'd be fine with that. Swap the self-control trait for being easy to intimidate, then.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2021, 12:30:54 pm »

True, it would.
It’s your decision.

I'd be fine with that. Swap the self-control trait for being easy to intimidate, then.
It is done. :)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2021, 02:01:55 pm »

Incindia IC Thread is ready

Characters sheets will be up in a few days.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2021, 02:27:42 pm »

Mechal and Incindia have been added to OP.

The multiverse is honestly sort of weird and there aren't any hardcore rules that GM's need to follow. For best results though, things that happen to players in other worlds should have some impact on events in your own world. You can also do an 'incursion' where something from another world, usually monsters, will appear in your world to do whatever it is they do.

To Glass and Stirk, Could you explain what you are asking me to do? I am not quite clear on what you mean by 'OP statblock thing' or what you want me to add. My best guess is a tweak to character applications?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2021, 02:29:58 pm »

Could you provide some help with that, supernerd?  There's going to be a lot of threads to keep track with, and I don't think I can follow all of them.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2021, 02:33:13 pm »

Mechal and Incindia have been added to OP.

The multiverse is honestly sort of weird and there aren't any hardcore rules that GM's need to follow. For best results though, things that happen to players in other worlds should have some impact on events in your own world. You can also do an 'incursion' where something from another world, usually monsters, will appear in your world to do whatever it is they do.

To Glass and Stirk, Could you explain what you are asking me to do? I am not quite clear on what you mean by 'OP statblock thing' or what you want me to add. My best guess is a tweak to character applications?

I'm more wondering from a player perspective. Like did the robot guy also grow up on an Island? Are they mostly different people? What do they share outside of you're god world thing?

We're talking about this thing:

Before I add either of your characters to the IC thread, could you give me a list of bonuses/maluses you'd want? Two from profession, two from race (or other backstory stuff, if you don't feel like your race really lends itself to bonuses), and you can take maluses to get an equal amount of extra bonuses.

To Glass's OP.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2021, 02:35:41 pm »

Basically, two pairs of +’s below race and occupation.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2021, 02:43:21 pm »

To confirm, should the lands adrift application actually look like this? If so, please also provide an explanation of how it works to go along with it.

Lands Adrift
Name:
Race:
+
+
+
+
Character Description:
Starting Island: (Include a description if not a pre-established one)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2021, 04:37:40 pm »

To confirm, should the lands adrift application actually look like this? If so, please also provide an explanation of how it works to go along with it.

Lands Adrift
Name:
Race:
+
+
+
+
Character Description:
Yeah, that’s valid. It could also be done as follows:
Lands Adrift
Name:
Race:
+[racial bonus]
+[racial bonus]
+[professional skill]
+[professional skill]
Character Description:

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2021, 05:44:21 pm »

I noticed that some players came up with the same ideas that I did independently. I've changed the worst offenders as they posted their application first. So... Here we go.

Spoiler: Applications (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2021, 11:54:37 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:02:47 am by Devastator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2021, 12:06:01 am »

Few comments on this one.

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I will reiterate. Players are intended to have two positive Universal traits and one Negative, as opposed to two negative and a positive. I have ruled that a player IS allowed to handicap themself by choosing two negative traits and one posiive one if they want. I do not recommend this, but you can do that if you really want to.

From what I can tell, Devastator is making a deliberate effort to give themself a bit more of a 'hardcore' experience.

I also noticed that you are only using half of your Deific Ability allowance for Jeoathica. This is also allowed, and also not recommended. I'll also mention that based on the description, the "Acceptance" power can probably do what you want it to do with a smaller point investment. I'll add your character sheet to the IC thread, but you may modify it at any time before you take your first action. (Mention it so that I don't miss it if you do.)

I also see you not having a profession in Lands Adrift. This is outside of my jurisdiction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2021, 12:23:23 am »

From what I can tell, Devastator is making a deliberate effort to give themself a bit more of a 'hardcore' experience.
With the possible exception of Lands Adrift, that really isn't my goal.  In most of these worlds, what I'd like to do is to explore, more than to have any sort of hardcore experience.  The penalty to magic is mostly roleplaying having a low-magic world, rather than anything else.  The two traits chosen are to encourage the sort of gameplay I'd like, one where I don't need to worry quite so much about out of context situations and where I don't feel the need to pore over a dozen character sheets before each action.

Basically, I'd rather have crossover stuff happen to my character, instead of having my character actively directing the crossover events with external powers or knowledge.  At the same time, I'm acknowledging that someone facing a truly out-of-context encounter or situation would likely be hopeless in dealing with it, and needs some advantage to counterbalance that issue.  Hence the third trait.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2021, 12:32:28 am »

Here are my character applications:

Spoiler: Character Applications (click to show/hide)

Basically, I'd rather have crossover stuff happen to my character, instead of having my character actively directing the crossover events with external powers or knowledge.

I'm thinking about playing in a similar way actually, where my characters may not be entirely aware of their selves in the other worlds, but do have some idea due to visions and gut-feelings and whatnot. I'd like to play them as sort of separate characters basically, but linked in some strange and hard-to-describe way. Maybe some of them can become more aware of the other ones as the game progresses, I'm not sure yet.

Edit: Small change to Universal sheet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:07:16 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8