Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Mutagenesis Team Thread | Omega Hive  (Read 11339 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mutagenesis Team Thread | Omega Hive
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2021, 06:43:18 pm »

Dragonfire,vI hope you just vote in this team and not the other, and this is team Omega

Lock Stymph Crab: (2) Flabort, TricMagic
Medusa Revision: Psionic Regeneration: (3) Flabort, TricMagic, 10e10
Dart Psionics: (2) Flabort, Rockeater
Medusa Revision: Genetic Extension: (1) TricMagic
Grasper Coils (2) 10e10, Dragofire
Self-Repair(1): Dragofire
Thermal Compression(1): Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:06 pm »

Oops. My brain was scrambled by cookies. Moving post to the Alpha thread.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2021, 07:29:47 pm »

Oops. My brain was scrambled by cookies. Moving post to the Alpha thread.
Feel the curse of receiving a new thread whenever we post.

Dragonfire,vI hope you just vote in this team and not the other, and this is team Omega

Medusa Revision: Genetic Extension: (1)
Grasper Coils (1) 10e10, Alpha infiltrator Dragofire
Self-Repair(): Alpha infiltrator Dragofire
Thermal Stilling(2): Rockeater, TricMagic

Note I'm changing the name to Stilling rather than compression. As that evokes more heat that using psionics to break thermal energy's free movement.

Also, Infiltrator. Didn't know Alpha had those.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 07:38:23 pm by TricMagic »

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2021, 09:55:21 pm »

Hello. Do you have cookie? We're out of cookies, so do you know if you have any?
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2021, 10:43:20 am »

Hello. Do you have cookie? We're out of cookies, so do you know if you have any?

Hey, Drago, I didn't make this clear in the core thread, but it's generally considered a breach of rules to read the other team's thread. It's not quite as bad in this Arms Race, as battle reports are public and evolutions are shared each round, but banter should go in the core thread and you SHOULD NOT be in the other team's thread if at all possible.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

KhazintheDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2021, 08:37:21 pm »

Grasper Coils: 10e10
Thermal Stilling(3): Rockeater, TricMagic, KhazintheDark
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:10:11 pm by KhazintheDark »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2021, 02:21:02 pm »

Just keep in mind, we cannot do Psionic Regeneration or Thermal Stilling without locking the stymph crab to give the Medusa any revisions available at all. I assume that if we fail to lock it, then the non-medusa revisions with the next highest number of votes (In this case, currently Dart Psionics and Grasper Coils with 1 vote each) would happen.

Dart Psionics: (1)  Rockeater
Thermal Stilling(4): Flabort, Rockeater, TricMagic, KhazintheDark
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2021, 02:37:42 pm »

There aren't any votes against it. And enough votes on the medusa revisions for it.

Just keep in mind, we cannot do Psionic Regeneration or Thermal Stilling without locking the stymph crab to give the Medusa any revisions available at all. I assume that if we fail to lock it, then the non-medusa revisions with the next highest number of votes (In this case, currently Dart Psionics and Grasper Coils with 1 vote each) would happen.

Dart Psionics: (1)  Rockeater
Medusa Revision: Genetic Extension: (0)
Thermal Stilling(4): Flabort, Rockeater, TricMagic, KhazintheDark

Fixed my votes.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2021, 02:08:57 pm »

Revision Phase 5 - Omega

Medusa Psionic Regen
[Efficacy: 5 (5)]
Applying the existing functions of the psionic core to the problem DNA transcription protection and reinforcement isn’t really an option, since the cores functions were designed originally for much coarser functions than molecular-precision manipulation and sensing. This necessitates the adding new functionality to the cores, which consists primarily of a pattern checking system - effectively a very tiny ‘mold’ that the structure of new cells is checked against. If the cell passes, it’s allowed, if its internals fail to fit, the cell is destroyed and reintegrated. This, in conjunction with an increased presence of base cellular materials to provide raw buildings blocks, enables the medusa to increase its cellular division rate without fearing cancerous transcription errors.

Medusa Thermal Stilling
[Efficacy: 5 (4)]
Making things colder by adding energy, even in the form of psionics, is very very difficult. Once again, there is no existing function within the Medusa’s psionic arsenal which is capable of sensing or manipulating on a fine enough level to directly control temperatures - a feat which requires atomic precision in order to manipulate vibrational energy. That said, as the Omega entity is capable of adding an additional psionic functionality to the cores of the Medusa that enables it to modestly affect temperature gradients by altering thermal conductivity. While not a heat pump in the traditional sense, the result is a blanketing effect that can encourage heat transfer towards a particular location within psionic range. While not particularly potent, and easily overwhelmed by dense thermal masses, it is a first step.

|              | |              | |              | |              | |              |2000 Grub
600 Grub+
|              | |              | |              | |              | |              |
|              | 585 Rozer
 221 Rozer+
|              | |              | |              | 585 Medusa Crab
 221 Medusa Crab+
|              | |              | |              | 390 Aerplanar
 210 Aerplanar+ 
|              |
71 Zeever Spider
 23 Zeever Spider+
|              | |              | |              | 71Stymphalian Crab
 23 Stymphalian Crab+
|              | |              | |              | |              | |              | |              |

You can currently deploy to,
 The Bog: 0/4
 The Lava Rivers: 0/4
 The Glowing Crater: 1/4

This is your LAST chance for contest entries.

TURNTURNTURN
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2021, 05:30:53 pm »

OK, so we know the Aerplanar don't do well in the crater, so if we send ANY, we send only a couple. The Zeever spiders are designed for it, so send most. Stymph crabs may be able to distract the death gravity?

Medusa should do well in the Rivers now, and rozers are our second best bet, followed by Aer. This area also probably has the least airborne death, other than the enemy, so let's put most of the Stymphs here as we're most likely to see enemies surviving the terrain.

The bog is probably best handled by Medusa, but Aerplanars could fly over the gasses, and it's possible the Zeevers could make a little shelter against the gasses, while Rozers dig underneath.

In all, I think a balanced approach to rozers is appropriate, while we divide our remaining forces as fits their strengths and weaknesses, then fill in the gaps with grubs.

Quote from: Plan A
The Bog: 600 Grub, 150 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+ 300 Medusa, 121 Medusa+, 195 Aerplanar, 105 Aerplanar+, 26 Zeever Spider, 9 Zeever Spider+, 16 Stymphalian Crab, 7 Stymphalian Crab+

Lava Rivers: 500 Grub, 200 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 71 Rozer+ 250 Medusa, 80 Medusa+, 195 Aerplanar, 105 Aerplanar+, 35 Stymphalian Crab, 10 Stymphalian Crab+

Glowing Crater: 900 Grub, 250 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+, 35 Medusa, 20 Medusa+, 45 Zeever Spiders, 14 Zeever Spider+, 20 Stymphalian Crab, 6 Stymphalian Crab+

Quote from: Spiderbox
Plan A: (1) Flabort
The Cyan Menace

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2021, 05:47:13 pm »

OK, so we know the Aerplanar don't do well in the crater, so if we send ANY, we send only a couple. The Zeever spiders are designed for it, so send most. Stymph crabs may be able to distract the death gravity?

Medusa should do well in the Rivers now, and rozers are our second best bet, followed by Aer. This area also probably has the least airborne death, other than the enemy, so let's put most of the Stymphs here as we're most likely to see enemies surviving the terrain.

The bog is probably best handled by Medusa, but Aerplanars could fly over the gasses, and it's possible the Zeevers could make a little shelter against the gasses, while Rozers dig underneath.

In all, I think a balanced approach to rozers is appropriate, while we divide our remaining forces as fits their strengths and weaknesses, then fill in the gaps with grubs.

Quote from: Plan A
The Bog: 600 Grub, 150 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+ 300 Medusa, 121 Medusa+, 195 Aerplanar, 105 Aerplanar+, 26 Zeever Spider, 9 Zeever Spider+, 16 Stymphalian Crab, 7 Stymphalian Crab+

Lava Rivers: 500 Grub, 200 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 71 Rozer+ 250 Medusa, 80 Medusa+, 195 Aerplanar, 105 Aerplanar+, 35 Stymphalian Crab, 10 Stymphalian Crab+

Glowing Crater: 900 Grub, 250 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+, 35 Medusa, 20 Medusa+, 45 Zeever Spiders, 14 Zeever Spider+, 20 Stymphalian Crab, 6 Stymphalian Crab+

Plan A: (2) Flabort, TricMagic

(suggestion)-5 Aerplanar and -5 Aerplanar+ from the other two lanes. Apply in force of ten for the Glowing Crater, to be used sparingly for scouting and most importantly anti-air. They can make use of the fields to draw them into the slower hawks. A good experiment. Other than that this is fine. Quality will have to make up for small numbers,

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2021, 05:52:31 pm »

(suggestion)-5 Aerplanar and -5 Aerplanar+ from the other two lanes. Apply in force of ten for the Glowing Crater, to be used sparingly for scouting and most importantly anti-air. They can make use of the fields to draw them into the slower hawks. A good experiment. Other than that this is fine. Quality will have to make up for small numbers,
I'm going to call that Plan B. It's not a bad suggestion, so I'm going to move my vote over to it.

Quote from: Plan B
The Bog: 600 Grub, 150 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+ 300 Medusa, 121 Medusa+, 190 Aerplanar, 100 Aerplanar+, 26 Zeever Spider, 9 Zeever Spider+, 16 Stymphalian Crab, 7 Stymphalian Crab+

Lava Rivers: 500 Grub, 200 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 71 Rozer+ 250 Medusa, 80 Medusa+, 190 Aerplanar, 100 Aerplanar+, 35 Stymphalian Crab, 10 Stymphalian Crab+

Glowing Crater: 900 Grub, 250 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+, 35 Medusa, 20 Medusa+, 10 Aerplanar, 10 Aerplanar+, 45 Zeever Spiders, 14 Zeever Spider+, 20 Stymphalian Crab, 6 Stymphalian Crab+

Plan A: (1) TricMagic
Plan B: (1) Flabort

The Cyan Menace

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2021, 06:03:17 pm »

I'm going to call that Plan B. It's not a bad suggestion, so I'm going to move my vote over to it.

Quote from: Plan B
The Bog: 600 Grub, 150 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+ 300 Medusa, 121 Medusa+, 190 Aerplanar, 100 Aerplanar+, 26 Zeever Spider, 9 Zeever Spider+, 16 Stymphalian Crab, 7 Stymphalian Crab+

Lava Rivers: 500 Grub, 200 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 71 Rozer+ 250 Medusa, 80 Medusa+, 190 Aerplanar, 100 Aerplanar+, 35 Stymphalian Crab, 10 Stymphalian Crab+

Glowing Crater: 900 Grub, 250 Grub+, 195 Rozer, 75 Rozer+, 35 Medusa, 20 Medusa+, 10 Aerplanar, 10 Aerplanar+, 45 Zeever Spiders, 14 Zeever Spider+, 20 Stymphalian Crab, 6 Stymphalian Crab+

Plan A: ()
Plan B: (2) FlabortT, TricMagic

KhazintheDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2021, 07:50:14 am »

Plan A: ()
Plan B: (3) FlabortT, TricMagic, KhazintheDark
[/quote]