Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Mutagenesis Team Thread | Omega Hive  (Read 11388 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Mutagenesis Team Thread | Omega Hive
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2021, 12:34:05 pm »

Quote from: Mutationbox
Grub Improve Evolution: (2) Tricmagic, Flabort
Grub Hovering: (2) Tricmagic, Flabort
Rozer Heatproof Foam: ()
Rozer Prehensile Tails: (0)
Rozer Fusion Energy: (0)
Medusa Polyp Utility: (0)
Medusa Polyp Reattachment: (0)
Medusa Mist manipluation: (0)
Rozer Pincers: (0)

Medusa Metagenic Boost so Grub gets hovering: (2) TricMagic, Flabort
No mutatgenic boost: (0)
I've decided that I like this plan.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:37:56 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2021, 01:07:02 pm »

Grub Improve Evolution: (3) Tricmagic, Flabort, DGR
Grub Hovering: (3) Tricmagic, Flabort, DGR
Rozer Heatproof Foam: (0)

Medusa Metagenic Boost so Grub gets hovering: (3) TricMagic, Flabort, DGR
I've decided to support this plan as well
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:13:41 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2021, 01:39:02 pm »

+1
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2021, 01:45:06 pm »

Grub Improve Evolution: (4) Tricmagic, Flabort, DGR, Doomblade187
Grub Hovering: (4) Tricmagic, Flabort, DGR, Doomblade187

Medusa Metagenic Boost so Grub gets hovering: (4) TricMagic, Flabort, DGR, Doomblade187
I've decided to support this plan as well
+1

K~
4/10 so far.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2021, 01:48:44 pm »

Grub Improve Evolution: (5) Tricmagic, Flabort, DGR, Doomblade187, Rockeater
Grub Hovering: (5) Tricmagic, Flabort, DGR, Doomblade187, Rockeater

Medusa Metagenic Boost so Grub gets hovering: (5) TricMagic, Flabort, DGR, Doomblade187, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2021, 05:21:28 pm »

Revision Phase 2 - Omega

Medusa Crab has been Locked into your evolutionary tree via a mutagenic boost!
Grub gains +1 Mutagenic Potential

Hovering (Grub)
[Efficacy: 6 (6)]
With the psionic core already in place and the sensory ganglia fully disseminated, getting the grub to hover is surprisingly simple. The telekinetic feelers it uses to sense the area with gathered below its body and spread forcefully into many hundreds of prongs. By varying the force emitted by a given region, the grub can push itself through the air in any given direction. Going upwards is tricky, requiring the grub to perfectly balance force in all directions and extend the already tenuous psionic feelers. While it is possible for the grub to loft itself by about a meter, this is highly unstable, and grubs typically hover more than an inch above the ground.

Given the limited friction, this method of transit is quite quick (Grubs have been reported reaching shocking speeds of ~5mph) over relatively even ground when given adequate time to accelerate, but it is slow both the brake and gain speed. Given their rubbery robustness, grubs in soft terrain will often stop by cutting their kinetics and just nosediving - flopping for a meter or two before wriggling back to business. The ground below grubs, however, still needs to support weight, and thus travel over fluids is still impossible, and loose terrain will dramatically impact acceleration.

Improved Evolution (Grub)
[Efficacy: 5 (2)]
While the instructors your mother/self left for the grubs are clear, it’s also clear that the circumstances have changed since. While they changes you’re able to make to their diet are low-hanging fruit as far as improvements go, you are able to significantly increase the grub evolution rate.

Grub Evolution Rate: 50% ⟶ 60%

It is now the Birthing and Deployment Phase
You have the following organisms available to be deployed,

800 Grub
480 Grub+
234 Rozers
126 Rozer+
234 Medusa
126 Medusa+

You can currently deploy to,

The Misted Ravines: 0/4
 The Desert of Mirrors: 0/4
 The Shattered Badlands: 1/4

TURNTURNTURN
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2021, 09:14:23 pm »

So, I'm basing this on what was discussed on the discord, but feel free to suggest modifications.

Quote from: Plan: Minimal Effort
Misted Ravines: 75 Medusa+, 100 Medusa, 50 Rozer+, 80 Rozer, 200 Grub+, 325 Grub

Desert of Mirrors: 6 Medusa+, 34 Medusa, 16 Rozer+, 54 Rozer, 80 Grub+, 150 Grub

Shattered Badlands: 45 Medusa+, 100 Medusa, 60 Rozer+, 100 Rozer, 200 Grub+, 325 Grub

Quote from: Votegoo
Plan Minimal Effort: (1) Flabort
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2021, 09:32:58 am »

Quote from: Plan- Focused Effort
Misted Ravines: All Forces
Plan Minimal Effort: (1) Flabort
Plan- Focused Effort: (1) TricMagic
[/quote]

For those who want to get out of this deathtrap and get an advantage on that front of being the first through. We really need fireproofing for the desert. And next turn is scouts which will help with the Badlands.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2021, 11:56:15 am »

Plan Minimal Effort: (2) Flabort, DGR
Best to make an effort everywhere, you never know if something good will happen.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2021, 12:04:45 pm »

Why would something good happen? Nothing can really change for the better in most areas, the threats remain a threat, the issues in the Desert remain an issue. We have the possibility of advancing two zones and the Medusa to help manage that.

I can hypothesize what will happen with a split. The Desert of Mirrors will have our group forming shelters and crossing, until the mirrors turn and make everything liquid fire plastic, which will wash over most of our forces. While some may survive, it will in no way be an easy path when we don't have eyes in the sky.

This also applie to the Badlands, though we can make our way through there as normal if e want to split between two areas.

The Misted Ravine are well suited, as the Medusa can deal with both it and the bog, and the Rozers can form caves to take shelter in. As well, we have hovering, so our grubs won't be traveling through toxic ground, but above it. With our current forces, there is little to threaten us other than getting lost somehow, and the Medusa can continue this into the Bog. Meanwhile our opponents need to pass through the Parasitic Forest. We can probably get ahead in that area and take the advantage if we make a push for 2 now. Net turn we'll have scouts for the desert and badlands, and 3000, so an even push will see us out of the Misted Ravines and into the Bog a turn after. And with 4000 and more work behind us, we can push the other fronts to completion.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2021, 02:27:23 pm »

Plan Minimal Effort: (3) Flabort, DGR, Talion

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2021, 05:40:38 pm »

So, I'm basing this on what was discussed on the discord, but feel free to suggest modifications.

Quote from: Plan: Divided Efforts
Misted Ravines: 81 Medusa+, 134 Medusa, 50 Rozer+, 80 Rozer, 200 Grub+, 325 Grub

Desert of Mirrors:  45 Medusa+, 40 Medusa, 16 Rozer+, 54 Rozer, 80 Grub+, 150 Grub

Shattered Badlands: 60 Medusa, 60 Rozer+, 100 Rozer, 200 Grub+, 325 Grub

800 Grub Check
480 Grub+ Check
234 Rozers Check
126 Rozer+ Check
234 Medusa Check
126 Medusa+ Check

Reasoning. The Misted Ravines and Desert of Mirrors both have toxic issues. The Shattered Badlands do not. DoM has a small contingent with enough Medusa to solve the whole toxic air issue. However I still think it's going to fail due to FIRE. SB has enough Rozers to do well in underground bases, and equal grubs to MR. MR has enough Medusa, Rozers for caves, and Grubs to survive and push forward.

Minimal Effort really puts too many in the desert.

Quote from: Plan: Split Efforts
Misted Ravines: 116 Medusa+, 154 Medusa, 66 Rozer+, 114 Rozer, 240 Grub+, 400 Grub

Desert of Mirrors:  None

Shattered Badlands: 10 Medusa+ 80 Medusa, 60 Rozer+, 120 Rozer, 240 Grub+, 400 Grub

And this one where we simply ignore the liquid plastic from nowhere in exchange for dealing with the two fronts we can advance. You mihgt notice most of the medusa are on the MR side? Where that is where they will be most useful. But the two sides are mostly equal from a pool of 2000 so we are rather guaranteed to at least make some advances in both. Imagine what one could do with a focused effort in the ravines though? (Bitter sure, but so is the desert of molten plastics. Scouts would help a lot  for staying away from mirrors when possible.)

Plan Minimal Effort: (3) Flabort, DGR, Talion
Plan- Focused Effort: ()
Plan Divided Efforts: ()
Plan Split Efforts: (1) TricMagic

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2021, 08:50:22 am »

Plan Minimal Effort: (4) Flabort, DGR, Talion, 1oe10

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2021, 10:10:45 am »

To note for next turns palns.

Airborne Scout- Being able to see the bots and the mirrors, and report quickly. Focus in my eyes should be speed. Hovering can be mutated into granting greater speed, take advantage of aerodynamics perhaps. Telekinesis propels them forward and the wind under their wings give them lift. It's one idea. Speed will allow one to dodge fire from the robots and scout over terrain quickly.

Revisions

Heatproof. Of some sort for the Rozer, something that is very good at blocking heat. I'll be pushing my proposal, though others can propose their own.

???-Another revision. I'm thinking Rozer+, the production of chitin with a telekinetic channel and the emergence of a Psionic Core. Rozer+ can serve as the backbone of a hovering transport for troops, a mobile home armored against the environment. Multiple can come together for bigger vessels, but even 1 with a collection of Rozer can manage it. Since this is something the grubs have, it will be easier. Heatproof Foam fits well since it can better act as a heatproof binding.

A main point, we re not really ready for the Desert of Mirrors, yet... That will change next turn.

Aerplanar

The humble Grub hardens, forming a cocoon, and within it's flesh turns to goop. Chitin weaves itself into four sturdy and thick wings anchored to an aerodynamic shell. The profile is sleek and smooth, but the primary note is that this chitin has channels which psionic power flows through, granting the creation the ability to propel itself forward without wingbeats. The Aerplanar's wings swing out from the cocoon, breaching it. It's head is filled with teeth, with four slanted insectile eyes which see as sharp as any bird on it's bridged skull looking forward and to the side. The Aerplanar propels itself forward, it's wings stiffening and catching the air beneath them to lift into the sky at high speeds.

The Aerplanar is primarily note for it's speed and mobility in the air, using it's thick wings not to beat and achieve height, but it's psionics to propel itself forward and catch the air as if gliding. Due to aerodynamics(something long imprinted in instinct for Omega) this give it lift. The wings can shift to change direction and angles. It's mouth is more developed in that it has numerous teeth beneath a chitin coat it can open and close, though it primarily keeps them closed in flight to maintain profile. While it can beat it's wings to stay in place, this is far clunkier. On the ground it's wings' segment folds and act as legs to prop it up and it's mouth is used to tear into and swallow food whole where it's digestive system gets to work. It can also make a decent leap with psionics where it snaps it's wings open for a moment, but this creature really doesn't do well on the ground given that movement would classify under flight rather than jump.(It should be noted it is slower than the original grub on the ground alone. Just as well it can eat anything like the grubs.) It's insectile eyes are sharp enough to catch details far away and track movement extremely well, but as a result it's close-range sight is rather horrid and blurry. This creature has lost the hover skill of the grubs for this upgraded version, though the sensory ability is intact.(If only really useful on the ground to hunt with.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:45:29 am by TricMagic »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2021, 11:09:36 am »

Ravine Push
Misted Ravines: 126 Medusa+, 234 Medusa, 66 Rozer+, 114 Rozer, 240 Grub+, 400 Grub
Desert of Mirrors:  None
Shattered Badlands: 60 Rozer+, 120 Rozer, 240 Grub+, 400 Grub

Medusa are for toxic environments. The badlands are not toxic.

Plan Minimal Effort: (4) Flabort, DGR, Talion, 1oe10
Ravine Push: (1) Doomblade
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:18:00 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13