Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Mutagenesis Team Thread | Alpha Hive  (Read 10816 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mutagenesis Team Thread | Alpha Hive
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2021, 03:08:51 am »

I'd want to adjust the incidence rates of the Driller and Pterohawk down by 5% each to bring the Murder Pup up to full anyway.
Setting aside whether we want to do this, we can't do this. The PteroHawk is boosted, which means we cannot reduce its incidence for free (not sure if we can using a revision (if we got it more MP somehow)).

I think the Shrike needs revising- either better last-second control, or some other way of increasing survival odds on a failed strike (or a strike against something too soft to slow it sufficiently). Not sure about second revision yet. Gonna think about it.

Something to consider- thanks to inheriting an extra MP from the Hawk, the Shrike has 4MP. We could boost it to gain 1MP for the Hawk, and still have 1MP left on the Shrike to revise it. Not saying we should do so, just saying it's an option.
Long Live United Forenia!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2021, 04:32:13 pm »

Quote from:  pup slime mane
The lubricant nature of the slime turned out to be a disadvantage on the murder pup, an unfortunate heritage from its ancestors. However, that is nothing that can't be changed with some good old fashioned tinkering to the chemical composition. With a few tweaks, the slime is now a shear thickening fluid which, when striken, hardens spreading the impact across a large surface and locking the sturdy hair in position, offering resistance to blows of several kinds. Furthermore, should an attack still penetrate, it will hinder removal temporarily trapping the attacker. In order to maintain agility, the areas near the joints will still secrete traditional slime, avoiding unfortunate "locking" during sudden movements.

The slime/hair mane of the murder pup can also be voluntarily activated by muscle spasm and piloerection, in case the pup sees an attack coming. The necessary lack of discrimination in this kind of hardening, however, risks severely reducing mobility until the activation ceases

Quote from: Stomatofins
A big problem with the StomatoShrike is lack of control during the strike phase, leading to dangerous misses. Considering that one bad run is enough to cripple a Shrike, clearly the issue had to be addressed. Wings are great at normal flight patterns, but the issue lies with the peculiar and not at all conductive to flight attitude during a rear leg strike, with leaves the wings unable to adequately control the descent. The solution to this is to have several fins distributed along the body. Much smaller than real wings and more flexible in terms of range of motion, those aerodynamic surfaces profide little lift but great control during the descent allowing the Shrike to hit much more reliably.

Quote from: Grubbox
(1) pup slime mane: Andrea
(1) Stomatofins: Andrea
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:51:33 pm by andrea »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2021, 03:19:42 pm »

Sure, that works.
(2) pup slime mane: Andrea, NUKE9.13
(2) Stomatofins: Andrea, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »

I kind of like the idea of having some aileron-like things on the wings given the straight and fast motion, but it's a little difficult to figure out how to actually write that to work without completely shitting on the structure of the membrane wings.
(3) pup slime mane: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner
(3) Stomatofins: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2021, 03:21:50 pm »

(4) pup slime mane: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant
(4) Stomatofins: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2021, 03:54:50 pm »

(5) pup slime mane: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant,  m1895
(5) Stomatofins: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant, m1895

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2021, 07:18:03 pm »

I'm going to tiebreak this.
(5) pup slime mane: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant,  m1895
(6) Stomatofins: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant, m1895, Dragofire
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2021, 10:27:09 pm »

We have two revisions. There is no tie here....and if there was it'd be a STRANGE tie given that the same people are voting for each design.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2021, 09:57:26 am »

Well, I was thinking that the second revision would be saved and we'd have three revisions next phase.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2021, 10:21:30 am »

...why? It's the revision phase right now, that's when you revise things. Why would we "save" a revision (that's not allowed, by the way, you can't save actions for later) now and have three next turn?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2021, 10:28:19 am »

Oh.
(6) pup slime mane: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant,  m1895, Dragofire
(6) Stomatofins: Andrea, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Frostgiant, m1895, Dragofire
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2021, 10:44:16 am »

Well, I was thinking that the second revision would be saved and we'd have three revisions next phase.

Hey, Drago, I didn't make this clear in the core thread, but it's generally considered a breach of rules to read the other team's thread. It's not quite as bad in this Arms Race, as battle reports are public and evolutions are shared each round, but banter should go in the core thread and you SHOULD NOT be in the other team's thread if at all possible.

It seems like you're Alpha. Is this correct?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2021, 05:06:17 pm »

Yes. What happened was:

I decide to join Team Alpha after looking through the designs.

Real life intrudes.

I forget which team I'm on.

I accidentally posted in Team Omega.

I apologized and made a silly joke.

I post in Team Alpha.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2021, 09:41:55 am »

If anyone didn't notice, I posted some fanart in the core thread.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2021, 06:06:49 pm »

Bombardment packiaderm

The bombardment hive is a creature in symbiosis.

It provides nutrients, a home, Climate control and the perfect breeding are inside of its large 4 legged bulk.
The outer appearance of the Bombardment Packiaderm is that of a large, bulky creature covered in Strands of Black obsidian fur. 4 meters tall at the shoulder with a pair of massive jagged tusks protruding from its jaws. A pair of long,thin and twiggy, folding Grasping claws located near the mouth allow the BP to eat, shoveling food into its jaws despite its large size and the tusks that impede its ability to move close to the ground.
The Black fur that covers the Creature was designed with the task of thermal insulation in mind, And colour black to take the maximum amount of heat from the sun as possible. This insulating fur is intended to keep the internal body of the Pachyderm warm, ensuring less calories are burnt on thermoregulation compared to the ember, especially when combined with the insulating fat that is built up over the core.

And yet despite this, The Tusk are purely for self defense. The fur possesses almost no defensive purposes, Protruding from behind the carapace left behind from its origins as an ember. While fast compared to a grub it lacks the speed expected from a predatory creature.

Because its not.

Instead it possesses impressive telescopic eyesight, judging angles and distance at an almost instinctive level.
It posses a mind for projectiles, capable of using it large Clawed Tail to pick up and through this from its surrounding with startling accuracy.
And most importantly its body serves as the perfect breeding ground for the other half of this symbiosis.

Possessing a Flat, Steering tail and a pair of gliding wings, The Bomba Of the bombardment pachyderm appears like a small, Winged grub.

Or more accurately an ember.

Possessing a similar body to the ember+, Of a partially silicon biology, The Bomba possessing a standing temperature of Hundreds of degrees. Its blood flows through its carapaced body at temperatures capable of scorching stone, and all things considered is quit ete viscous substance for blood.
The nests of bombas resting inside of the Pachyderm is quite large, interwoven around the internal organs and bones, and if one was to make a cast of it with lead, would see it is quite similar to an ant nest et large. When the Pachyderm see’s an enemy from quite the distance using either its eyes or the senses of a ptero hawk, it will release threat hormones, causing The bombas to crawl up a dedicated internal tunnel towards the tail, At which point a sudden, neck breaking motion catapults the bomba towards the target.

Its gliderlike wings both end is singular claws, allowing it to pull itself along when inside of it nest. Outside it uses its membrane wings and rudder tail to angle itself in the air. While the pacyderm is a master of projectiles, things happen. This Glding ensures that even if the Bomba does not hit the target, it hits A target.

Upon collision, the Bomba will liquify from impact. Such high speed forces are never merciful to either party. The Target is already having a bad day, being struck with a deadly projectile of chitin, burning at hundreds of degrees celsius.
That day became worse when the liquefaction burst a series of internal glands that had been activated and hard at work since the threat hormones activated. Acid catalyzed nitration of Glycerol.

The impact is more than enough to cause detonation. The amounts of Nitroglycerin aren't much, but not much is required when you are in direct contact with the target.

The explosion drives Burning viscera and chitin not only into the impacted surface, but also those unlucky enough to be standing close by, at which point the Hundreds of degree, Viscous blood of the bomba will proceed to burn and boil away at those unlucky enough to be nearby.

By the time the Bomba has made impact, its likely that the next bomba will have finished crawling from the base of the tail to the launch point, to be sent flying towards the attackers.
The threat hormones released by the pachyderm also begins the rapid hatching of internal Boba eggs, ensuring either continued ammunition or replacement hive workers for those that were sent to engage the enemy. At high velocity.

If a Pachyderm ever expands its entire hive and Egg stock, it would be capable of taking a reseeding from a fellow pachyderm, although this would require time to repopulate both the hive workers and the egg stocks.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16