Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39689 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 2: Early Execution (9 / 12)
« Reply #675 on: January 30, 2021, 06:58:30 pm »

You're probably confused here, but you should really pay close attention here:

Versatile Goon (mafia)

(Auto) Price of Power: You are a JOAT with 10 abilities. This is too much power. Every time you use a 1-Shot ability, you must pick two unexpended 1-Shot abilities from your role and make them Unusable.
(1-Shot, Night) Tailor [target]: Choose an alignment (town, mafia, or other). Your chosen player alignment inspects as that alignment tonight.

(1-Shot, Night) Jailkeep [target]: You both protect your target from standard kill actions performed tonight and roleblock them.
(1-Shot, Night) Bus Driver [target1] [target2]: You switch the position of your two targets, causing actions aimed at the first to hit the second and vice versa.

(1-Shot, Night) Ninja [target]: Modified mafiakill. Trackers see you as having visited nobody and watch-type actions aimed at your target do not detect you. Oh and you kill your target.

(1-Shot, Night) Strongman [target]: Modified mafiakill. You kill your target, trumping basic protective abilities and kill resistance. (If you’re wondering ‘how exactly does this work when you’re still shooting them’, well, you use your strength to carry over a machine gun.)

(Unusable, 1-Shot, Night) Poison [target]: Modified mafiakill. You poison your target, causing them to die at the end of the following Day, after the lynch. A poisoned player is informed that they are poisoned.

(1-Shot, Night) Hot Dog…? [target]: You give your target a hot dog.

(1-Shot, Day) Antidote [target/self]: You cure your target of poison, if they are poisoned. This may be self-targeted.

(Unusable, 1-Shot, Day) Taunt: Give the mod a message. It will be anonymously posted to the thread by the mod, who will confirm that the sender of the message is mafia.

(1-Shot, Any) Reload: Can only be used once all your other abilities are either used up or Unusable, and does not trigger Price of Power. Choose three of your abilities, restore their shot if they are used up and remove the Unusable tag from them if it is present.

This proves that juicebox used a 1-Shot on N1.

Vector, Toaster, SHAD0Wdump, and hector13 are removed from the suspect pool for obvious Town-related reasons.

TricMagic proved themselves on hector13's role as well as your role. The only way TricMagic is Mafia is if hector13 is Mafia, but... well...

ToonyMan targeted Luckyowl N1. Luckyowl targeted ToonyMan N1. This is information I have.

In fact, your only target is actually to say I did it, but then there'd be no way for me to give Hotdogs to ToonyMan and Luckyowl on N1.

Oh, unless you think it's also Secretdorf, but... like... really? Is that your game plan?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 4: Endgame? (6 / 12)
« Reply #676 on: January 30, 2021, 07:00:53 pm »

notquitethere.

I am like 90% sure the game ends today.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 30, 2021, 07:03:58 pm »

That is to say, Toony, that I actually believe TricMagic is telling the truth.

Call me crazy, but I reasonably suspect it's a two-man team.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 30, 2021, 07:08:12 pm »

Also, if you really were a Cop, you'd have inspected Luckyowl N3. TricMagic makes no sense.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 30, 2021, 07:09:28 pm »

Assuming a lynch and secretdorf leaving, we'd be down to Mylo tomorrow. With Luckyowl if Mafia wants to play coin flips and pain. Either way only targets are Luckyowl or Toony. If I'm alive tomorrow I can confirm Luckyowl or Toony. If I'm not Mafia is in position with Toonyman/Luckyowl. This applies if I'm not lynched today.

Luckyowl///Toony, NQT, Webadict, TricMagic, Secretdorf.

My reasoning may be screwed, but if I'm alive day 4 and confirm Toony, Mafia is toast. If dead and both are town, mafia is toast. If Mafia blocks me mafia is lightly toasted.

As is, if ignoring all that. NQT can't be trusted. He's not even a Miller, he just straight-up blocks all investigation. And so there is no way to confirm him as Town from normal methods. (I'm not counting this hot dog thing.) Not pointing out Asetic yesterday screwed me over on a investigation, and those two investigating could have been used to determine if I was town if I revealed the result they got. Maybe not, but it's there and makes sense.

Multi-nin from webs.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 2: The Game's Second Day (10 / 12)
« Reply #680 on: January 30, 2021, 07:14:05 pm »

- One of the mason teams is just straight up an SK, mafia, or half-SK team.  We know Vector had a protect and jailkeep, so the lack of two kills last night isn't that extraordinary. Shadow immediately foreclosing that possibility in their first post of the day is a bit eyebrow raising.
- There's a two-person mafia team + mafia ally. One of the early claimers may well be the ally hoping to soak up attention. There were various accusations of jestering on D1, but mafia-ally is the only thing close to that in this game.
This post by itself was a scummy attempt to explain away notquitethere's failure to lynch scum. It was unnecessary. It was also why I wanted to lynch NQT instead of hector13 Yesterday.

I also cut out a fun quote here on why I think it's only NQT left.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #681 on: January 30, 2021, 07:18:20 pm »

Webadict: You think you got the scum?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 30, 2021, 07:20:50 pm »

We have 3 mafia.  Me and ToonyMan's Role was a WIFOM(fuck you, FOU.)  I suspect, ToonyMan, TricMagic, and Webadict to be the scum team. Meaning, only me, NQT, and SD is town. Our vote will tie. So I'm basically done with this game. All I ask to not make this too long.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 30, 2021, 07:22:33 pm »

juicebox would actually be my preferred lynch, but mostly because they're basically AFK.
Also, I think we should probably be lynching NQT over hector13, but I think they are probably the scumteam together.
Story of this game is not going with my instincts...

Webadict: You think you got the scum?
Well, technically, it could somehow be you and ToonyMan, but if it is, then we're losing anyway because that's just ridiculously insane to think about.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 30, 2021, 07:23:18 pm »

We have 3 mafia.  Me and ToonyMan's Role was a WIFOM(fuck you, FOU.)  I suspect, ToonyMan, TricMagic, and Webadict to be the scum team. Meaning, only me, NQT, and SD is town. Our vote will tie. So I'm basically done with this game. All I ask to not make this too long.
Luckyowl, you're not serious right now, are you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 30, 2021, 07:27:06 pm »

Luckyowl, why do you somehow think that the Mafia team is made up of ToonyMan, TricMagic, and me? That's 4 Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 30, 2021, 07:33:15 pm »

Ugh, we're gonna have to deal with Luckyowl not understanding how things work.

Luckyowl, explain to me who you think Mafiakilled Night 1.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 30, 2021, 07:35:53 pm »

Luckyowl, why do you somehow think that the Mafia team is made up of ToonyMan, TricMagic, and me? That's 4 Mafia.

I think it might comprise of you, Juicebox, ToonyMan, and TricMagic. The fact that my role goal is to find the SK. Means one of us is the Mafia. I know I'm town. ToonyMan have been acting weird. One thing that seems to be off. Is why make us investigate eachother when he know our ability doesn't confirm town? It's an albi check. That's why you gave me, and ToonyMan hot dogs. While Juicebox did the kills.

Webadict: What did you do last night?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 30, 2021, 07:40:34 pm »

ToonyMan: Why did you make me investigate you. When you know you were not going to be confirmed as town? Did you expect me not to notice? How did you feel when you inspected me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 30, 2021, 07:44:34 pm »

@Luckyowl:
ToonyMan: Why did you make me investigate you. When you know you were not going to be confirmed as town? Did you expect me not to notice? How did you feel when you inspected me?
What? You told me you had an alignment inspect like I did. Why are you lying?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57