Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39568 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 2: The Game's Second Day (10 / 12)
« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2021, 09:15:31 am »

Don’t redirects normally happen without letting the person who was redirected knowing they were redirected?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2021, 09:16:02 am »

Also without them knowing to whom they were redirected toward?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 27, 2021, 09:21:01 am »

I was talking about Tricmagic.

Suspecting me of SK is cute, but my role setup does not lend itself to SK does it. Unless I'm fakeclaiming.

Hector, that apparently happens to be a trait of Fallacy's Vindictive. I can't inspect if I'm not ticked off at you. But I'd need to know it's not Vector or anyone else voting me for that to happen apparently.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 27, 2021, 09:31:33 am »

Tric
Hector, that apparently happens to be a trait of Fallacy's Vindictive. I can't inspect if I'm not ticked off at you. But I'd need to know it's not Vector or anyone else voting me for that to happen apparently.
I can't see anything on the mafiascum wiki that looks like "vindictive". What are you saying this modifier does?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 27, 2021, 09:37:24 am »

More importantly, are you claiming a scum inspect on SD?
Right, Counterclaim time. My action is also an Inspect that relies on my Vindictive aspect. Secretdorf, I am not letting you live, even if I have to lynch myself to do it. Toaster, what happened to you last night, can you support?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 27, 2021, 09:43:06 am »

Tric
I can't see anything on the mafiascum wiki that looks like "vindictive". What are you saying this modifier does?
I don't see anything about Hotdogs on Mafiascum either, nor does my multi-targeting aspect lend itself to that. Why is that not also suspicious?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #546 on: January 27, 2021, 09:44:09 am »

LuckyOwl
Anyways. The Caz lynch is honestly weird. 7 voted Caz. Vector flip town. Now 6. ToonyMan is town in my eyes for now. 5. Web spend his night action on me and Web to see what we were doing. 4. SD is survivor. 3. That leaves NQT, Juicebox, and Hector13 as suspects.
Did you deliberately forgot about the existence of TricMagic?

Yes, because I think they're town. TRM townread is mostly gut read and behavioral read then anything else though. But I would rather work with the people who voted Caz. One thing you can't forget. Is how Caz lynch was bloated. Which makes me conclude that three mafia, a survivor, and an SK all voted against Caz.  Leaving only two town who voted. But with Vector's flip only one can quite possibly town. That's how I'm seeing it. I mean I can be wrong. But toaster, ShadowDump are more likely town. I know I'm town. TricMagic reads me off as town but I don't really have a good foundation to say 100%. That's 4 players who didn't vote.

Web: So, Web are you able to see player's night action when you give out hotdogs? If so, can you tell me what ToonyMan did?

NQT: Do you think the whole scum team would bloat a wagon out from existence? If so, what would be the circumstance of doing so?

ToonyMan: ToonyMan, do you still think TRM might be the SK now?

Secretdorf: Secretdorf, that's bold claim to say. I'm willing to believe on this. But just incase, what will you do if Juicebox flip town?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 27, 2021, 09:46:28 am »

More importantly, are you claiming a scum inspect on SD?
Right, Counterclaim time. My action is also an Inspect that relies on my Vindictive aspect. Secretdorf, I am not letting you live, even if I have to lynch myself to do it. Toaster, what happened to you last night, can you support?

I explained it. My vote needs to be on a target, or someone voting me, for my inspect to work. Since I got redirected to hector, it doesn't work. Why have two town cops in this game though?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 27, 2021, 09:54:19 am »

Wuba
I don't see anything about Hotdogs on Mafiascum either, nor does my multi-targeting aspect lend itself to that. Why is that not also suspicious?
I should clarify, it's not necessarily suspicious for not being on mafiascum, it's suspicious that Tric isn't making any sense. It's like there's half a conversation I'm missing here. I just want them to clear up what they're talking about.

Now that you mention it, I don't see anything about multi-targeting as a fruit vendor variant. It's fruit vendor, plus it targets multiple people, plus it confirms lies somehow? Do you want to explain how that's meant to work?

LO
NQT: Do you think the whole scum team would bloat a wagon out from existence? If so, what would be the circumstance of doing so?
It doesn't make any sense, given that I'm pretty sure wuba is town. I think it's more likely that the wagon was a mix of town and scum. If it was t/t at the end of the day, it wouldn't really matter to scum which wagon they were on.

Tric
I explained it. My vote needs to be on a target, or someone voting me, for my inspect to work. Since I got redirected to hector, it doesn't work. Why have two town cops in this game though?
Oh okay, I don't know whether I was being dense or you were being obtuse, but I get what you mean now. Why does that make you suspect SD then?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 27, 2021, 10:00:00 am »

Oh no, it is me being obtuse. Tric is saying that secretdorf can't be a cop because they're a cop themselves and why would there be two cops in the game? This strikes me as not a very strong line of argument but I can sort of see how Tric got there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 27, 2021, 10:12:08 am »

Well, why think we don't have anything to report. Secretdorf has been a bit scummy day1 for me.

To be fair, seems they have been hinting day1 about inspection. So that makes me wonder why they did so. Like me they could be redirected. If redirected onto the one being killed it would ruin their result. Instead I got redirected. I find it more likely they redirected people from Vector to Hector, but if that's not the case they figured out that I would be targeted him and messed with me specificly.

To be fair, with a play like this more likely to be a mafia-ally given it only takes one counterclaim to end it.

Freaking hell do his posts seem low effort.

You say that you voting me will prove you aren't mafia ally. But what if you are mafia ally and think I'm scummy-town? You'd vote me. Just pointing out fault in your logic. Also I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping between wagons as scumreads change all(most?) of the time. Aside from the Luckyowl wagon as I didn't scumread him at that point. That was just 'self- preservation' vote as there was only one other wagon at that point.

Also if you think I'm scum, who do you think are my scum buddies?

Vote on LO was self preservation vote as I didn't have a town read on Luckyowl at that point.

...Self preservation vote? What does this mean?

PPE:
Can I do anything to alleviate your suspicions?

Go make a convincing case on someone. :P
It means voting someone not because you think they're scum but because you'd rather lynch them than you being lynched.

I'd make a case D2 if I live to that point. D1 cases are messy as D1 itself is a mess '_'

This is what I think is the longest of them. Check Mamabo's lurkertrack(Via going to their profile) and go through his NQT. Do an analysis. At the moment his survivor claim rings very false. As is saying it's a one-shot and you're out of night actions.

I'm thinking web is SK, and he gave hot-dogs to people but couldn't kill anyone. But hotdog vendor SK sounds unlikely. Who does everyone think is SK?

We're looking for mafia, not third party. But I definitely don't trust your claims any Secretdorf.

No reason to not hammer Juicebox, its not like they are going to claim miller. Also are miller SKs possible?

Trying to hammer before people even wake up is also not very towny. It's a way to deny info collected.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 27, 2021, 10:13:40 am »

Ok, I was expecting Caz to be SK, good news is I inspected Juicebox, they're mafia. But we gotta find the SK too as their goal is opposite to mine.

Welp, this looks familiar, though I can't say I didn't expect it this time. Sorry for the lack of activity, I really need to learn how to keep up with posting if I want to actually throw suspicion off myself.

juicebox

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 27, 2021, 10:15:03 am »

Damn you ninjas. That's hammer, fyi.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 27, 2021, 10:15:42 am »

Damn you ninjas. That's hammer, fyi.
:-\ :-X

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 27, 2021, 01:40:37 pm »

Right, that's hammer. I'll process the day end, nobody say anything more.

(Expect the day end post to be in roughly 2 hours, though, I have a socio-cognitive psychology lecture to attend in just a few minutes from now)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57