Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39834 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2021, 12:51:01 pm »

@Shadowdump:
I do think it's possible Luckyowl could be mafia, but at worst we have three players in our town base now. I highly doubt mafia would fake-claim masons.

Right now I'm looking over Secretdorf's posts in the game so far. I'm cool with lynching a claimed 3rd party, but I'd feel better if I was confident they were fake-claiming as mafia (or mafia-ally, or SK).
Another downside with keeping Secretdorf alive is the inability to confirm their alignment. It will just show as 'other' which includes the maf-allies and SKs.
Caz: Small sidenote, I knew something about this post came off as odd to me, but I couldn't pin it down when I was writing my review post. I looked over the OP and found nothing that suggests the role flips will simply give general alignment, pretty sure it gives full role details.
Caz is talking about alignment inspects here. A third-party comes up as "other", so we can't confirm Secretdorf as "survivor".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2021, 12:59:17 pm »

@Shadowdump:
I do think it's possible Luckyowl could be mafia, but at worst we have three players in our town base now. I highly doubt mafia would fake-claim masons.

Right now I'm looking over Secretdorf's posts in the game so far. I'm cool with lynching a claimed 3rd party, but I'd feel better if I was confident they were fake-claiming as mafia (or mafia-ally, or SK).
Another downside with keeping Secretdorf alive is the inability to confirm their alignment. It will just show as 'other' which includes the maf-allies and SKs.
Caz: Small sidenote, I knew something about this post came off as odd to me, but I couldn't pin it down when I was writing my review post. I looked over the OP and found nothing that suggests the role flips will simply give general alignment, pretty sure it gives full role details.
Caz is talking about alignment inspects here. A third-party comes up as "other", so we can't confirm Secretdorf as "survivor".
I just need to be alive D4 and not be lynched then lynch me whatever I'd win. I'd 'bargain' for my life if people want to lynch me as I've some hidden cards, but I'd rather not draw the ire of mafia too much, lest they can pierce kill immunity, though that'd be a waste for them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2021, 01:05:27 pm »

I'll unvote once Toaster confirms.

@NQT & Caz:
There's a majority on webadict and the rest just kind of smeared out across the board. Easy lynch = town lynch. We saw this in the last BYOR15 with the D1 easy Toony lynch for which I tried to build a counterwagon. I failed then, but maybe I'll succeed this time. Let's counterwagon... Caz
Why Caz? What's the word for when a player posts a lot but doesn't really say anything most of the time? Because that's Caz.
Yeah I agree with this. It also really bothers me that Caz thought Web and Vector "might be masons"?

This comment really comes off odd to me, Caz?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2021, 01:07:47 pm »

Dammit... I should have known my reading comprehension was at fault here.

@NQT & Caz:
There's a majority on webadict and the rest just kind of smeared out across the board. Easy lynch = town lynch. We saw this in the last BYOR15 with the D1 easy Toony lynch for which I tried to build a counterwagon. I failed then, but maybe I'll succeed this time. Let's counterwagon... Caz
Why Caz? What's the word for when a player posts a lot but doesn't really say anything most of the time? Because that's Caz.
Yeah I agree with this. It also really bothers me that Caz thought Web and Vector "might be masons"?

Wait... Is the whole town masons of various kinds?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 25, 2021, 01:12:15 pm »

@NQT & Caz:
I wouldn't put it past the mod FoU. They stuck me with Luckyowl for crying out loud.

Any other 2-player groups want to come out?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 25, 2021, 01:13:26 pm »

Wuba
Well, yes, but actually my role is stronger than the regular Fruit Vendor, but I feel like I should hide the other portion until Tomorrow, as it can catch people in a lie.
I expected it to be somewhat different due to the name change and the fact that this is a mostly vanilla game and so I think all or most of our roles are probably enhanced in some way. But am I right in thinking it still has a self-confirmable element?
It does, but to be 100% truthful, I technically have a way for people to get Hot Dogs without specifically targeting them, so in order to be completely fair, I would prefer you didn't trust me as not having the Mafiakill even if someone recieves a Hot Dog. The Hot Dogs will confirm my role exists, however.

@SHAD0Wdump:
I am not a Mason of any kind with anyone.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 25, 2021, 01:24:52 pm »

Ok, work calls so I'm not going to respond until my lunch happens. Good luck Toaster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 25, 2021, 01:30:26 pm »

Why the jacked up hell would I do that? Toaster and I are Real Masons. We find Toony's non-sk mason claim way too unbelievable in the presence of another mason team.

Toaster I damn well hope we are right.

I can confirm this.  We are mod confirmed to each other, and have seen each other's roles.

I find the other mason claim odd, but not totally unbelievable.  Considering the situation, I consider it reasonably likely that one of them is mafia.  Which one?  I'll have to look back and see.

We didn't claim at first because we didn't see the value in an early claim, and also anyone who played/read BYOR15 should know why I'm gun-shy about the whole issue.
Spoiler: If you didn't... (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 25, 2021, 01:53:35 pm »

Why the jacked up hell would I do that? Toaster and I are Real Masons. We find Toony's non-sk mason claim way too unbelievable in the presence of another mason team.
 Toaster I damn well hope we are right.
I can confirm this.  We are mod confirmed to each other, and have seen each other's roles.
Okay. I have read and participated in the horror that is BYOR15 and watched myself and you get owned.

Unvote Toaster.

I find the other mason claim odd, but not totally unbelievable.  Considering the situation, I consider it reasonably likely that one of them is mafia.  Which one?  I'll have to look back and see.
I also think it's reasonably likely this game contains a SK considering we know we aren't SKs.

We didn't claim at first because we didn't see the value in an early claim, and also anyone who played/read BYOR15 should know why I'm gun-shy about the whole issue.
Spoiler: If you didn't... (click to show/hide)
Fair enough, fine.

It also really bothers me that Caz thought Web and Vector "might be masons"?
Caz.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 25, 2021, 01:55:26 pm »

I do not have access to any quicktopics and am not mafia, masons, a medium, etc.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 25, 2021, 02:07:46 pm »

I am not a mason either.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 25, 2021, 02:14:28 pm »

Same for me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 25, 2021, 02:15:32 pm »

Pfp

I do not have access to any quicktopics and am not mafia, masons, a medium, etc.
Ditto.

Moreover, I really don't see a mafia team Mason claiming (counterclaiming when one of them is a target maybe, but otherwise no). I could see two different kinds of mason in play, if one is themed around hunting an SK (which may or may not actually exist). There are roles in the mafiascum wiki like that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2021, 02:35:05 pm »

I am not a mason.

Unvote

I can see where y’all are going with Caz but I had a crappy morning and I don’t know how many votes are on them.

Consider this intention to hammer.

This is mostly for my benefit:

So far we have 2 claimed masons, Luckyowl and Toony, a non-SK and night only? And Shadow with Toaster.

Secretdorf has claimed survivor, Tric has claimed Miller.

Assuming everyone is being honest, and a 3-player scum team, that leaves potential scum between webadict, vector, juicebox, NQT, Caz, and me, with a side of Luckyowl and Toony.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 25, 2021, 02:47:55 pm »

Unvote.

Okay, I'm drinking the wine.  I am going to buy, for D1 only, the claims of LO, Toony, Tric, and Secret.  Shadow I of course know is town.  I'm going to restrict my reread to the remaining six players; that'll help me get it out quicker.  I haven't done it yet but I will be upfront with my intentions about it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57