Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39669 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #405 on: January 25, 2021, 10:46:41 am »

@Shadowdump:
Hold the phone...
It occurred to me. Non-sk masons? Has that ever been done before and would a person really set up a game with one player having access to two quicktopics? Has say... There ever been a game with a mafia-aligned medium getting deadchat?
I just see this concept as being beyond bizzare.
Yes. Scum mediums have been in Paranormal. Paranormal 24 had UXLZ.

@Secretdorf:
Caz
Not sure if I am allowed to scumhunt. Lynching Caz would be better than lynching Webadict.
You better scumhunt. Also, why?

If I could confirm a player who would it be?
If you have an inspect use it on me or Luckyowl if you want to help build the town base. Otherwise, target whoever you suspect the most, no matter what your result is you need to tell everybody here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 25, 2021, 10:59:30 am »

Web, does your role work like the Fruit Vendor? There's no mention of hot dog vending on the mafiawiki and the OP said most, possibly all, the roles would be on there.

Tric, you swap from your suspect onto the suspect's suspect. By this are we to assume you side with Wuba now?
Oh. Yes, that is very similar to my role. I should have considered looking for Vendor, but I wasn't really thinking about it.

I'll say that Vector does not deserve to be lynched today, as they have not played the worst, but they most certainly my prime suspect. Like a Moriarty, if you will. They also won't have time to defend themselves, due to their midterm, so it's kind of a dick move to lynch them today.

As such, I will unvote. I agree with NQT's analysis, and generally believe them to be Town, so I will vote whoever they want, including myself, or I'll glance throught the Day.

@ToonyMan: Don't use it on you. You're clear enough. Use it on someone you need on your team that you are suspicious of or want to be sure of. That means don't choose NQT or Tric. LO could be good, but pick wiser than that.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 25, 2021, 11:00:49 am »

Caz Have any of your reads changed since you posted your readslist? Are you still leaning scum on Hector?

Shifts vote to Vector for reasons.

At least it isn't as bad as BYOR was recently. Also, that type of explosion I see and just ignore as best I can. It doesn't really do anything productive for others.

Generally if you want people to vote someone you give your reasons for voting them, so that they can see the reason behind your vote and whether or not they agree with it. Voting without a reason is at best anti-town and at worst outright scummy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 25, 2021, 11:06:15 am »

@ToonyMan: Don't use it on you. You're clear enough. Use it on someone you need on your team that you are suspicious of or want to be sure of. That means don't choose NQT or Tric. LO could be good, but pick wiser than that.
I'm not claiming any ability publicly. Secretdorf also should not say who they are targeting tonight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 25, 2021, 11:07:13 am »

ToonyMan:
Toaster, still want a Secretdorf lynch?

I wouldn't cry over it, but there's probably better; a survivor D1 is at best "not really a mislynch but it's not scum."  I'm going to have to do some rethinking, because I'm behind on the game.  Hopefully at lunch, but I have to run to the dentist, so it'll probably be later today.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 25, 2021, 11:21:12 am »

I'm not claiming any ability publicly. Secretdorf also should not say who they are targeting tonight.
But the confirmation would be best used on Vector, no? I would say to use it on me, but I actually think I am too compromised to be confirmed with my role revealed as is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 25, 2021, 11:41:26 am »

So this is how the votes currently stand and I don't like the feel of it.

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

There's a majority on webadict and the rest just kind of smeared out across the board. Easy lynch = town lynch. We saw this in the last BYOR15 with the D1 easy Toony lynch for which I tried to build a counterwagon. I failed then, but maybe I'll succeed this time. Let's counterwagon... Caz

Why Caz? What's the word for when a player posts a lot but doesn't really say anything most of the time? Because that's Caz.

Everyone, wuba has claimed a self-confirmable role. A vendor gives a piece of food to a target: this proves where they've been up to. We can confirm at night that Wuba isn't performing the scumkill. As such, there's no reason to kill them D1. If, later on, they turn out to not be confirmable then we can get them then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 25, 2021, 11:50:50 am »

Well, yes, but actually my role is stronger than the regular Fruit Vendor, but I feel like I should hide the other portion until Tomorrow, as it can catch people in a lie.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 25, 2021, 12:04:34 pm »

Alright, with me being awake and a bit of background conversing... I'm switching my vote to Toony.

Why the jacked up hell would I do that? Toaster and I are Real Masons. We find Toony's non-sk mason claim way too unbelievable in the presence of another mason team.

Toaster I damn well hope we are right.

If one of us must die to confirm this madness, any protective roles PLEASE protect the other, we are going to need it.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 25, 2021, 12:16:29 pm »

At least that would confirm Toaster. I see no reason not to believe your claim but... Toonyman and LO have claimed ... night masons...who don't know each other's alignment so that's kinda believable. You should join one of the other wagons. I'm not gonna confirm Toonyman or LO, so town investigation roles probably should confirm them. I'll be confirming someone else from Web, Vector, Juicebox.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 25, 2021, 12:18:21 pm »

Wuba
Well, yes, but actually my role is stronger than the regular Fruit Vendor, but I feel like I should hide the other portion until Tomorrow, as it can catch people in a lie.
I expected it to be somewhat different due to the name change and the fact that this is a mostly vanilla game and so I think all or most of our roles are probably enhanced in some way. But am I right in thinking it still has a self-confirmable element?

Shadow
Why the jacked up hell would I do that? Toaster and I are Real Masons. We find Toony's non-sk mason claim way too unbelievable in the presence of another mason team.
A second quicktopic micro-team claim?? Why didn't you claim masons earlier? And why would an SK-Toony draw a potential mafia-kill on himself by claiming mason? Do you both have Mason in your role names? Do you have a night chat as well as a day chat?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 25, 2021, 12:18:34 pm »

@Shadow:
I'm not lying. I also think it's reasonably possible for there to be two separate mason groups in one game. Especially since ours isn't confirmed and you seem to be implying that yours is?

If you're telling the truth this is really good for town. Why did you hide your confirmed masonry until now? I had this argument with IcyTea and 4mask in BYOR15.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 25, 2021, 12:35:54 pm »

Wuba
Shadow
A second quicktopic micro-team claim?? Why didn't you claim masons earlier? And why would an SK-Toony draw a potential mafia-kill on himself by claiming mason? Do you both have Mason in your role names? Do you have a night chat as well as a day chat?
To be honest, we didn't think claiming early would be useful before the large amount of claims going on now.
 As for why Toony would do that? Well he does say 'non-sk masons', so combined with Lucky's acceptance of this serial killer is not really possible. They are definitely sharing a quicktopic, I'm inclined to believe it's the mafia one.

We both have mason in our role names flat out with a full day and night quicktopic, all of this is Mod Confirmed.

As a side note, if we get to finding both Toony and Lucky mafia, I'm highly inclined to believe Secretdorf as a final mafia player that was guided by Toony to claim survivor, especially with calling for him to night inspect Toony/Luckyowl.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 25, 2021, 12:47:29 pm »

Right now I'm looking over Secretdorf's posts in the game so far. I'm cool with lynching a claimed 3rd party, but I'd feel better if I was confident they were fake-claiming as mafia (or mafia-ally, or SK).

Another downside with keeping Secretdorf alive is the inability to confirm their alignment. It will just show as 'other' which includes the maf-allies and SKs.
Caz: Small sidenote, I knew something about this post came off as odd to me, but I couldn't pin it down when I was writing my review post. I looked over the OP and found nothing that suggests the role flips will simply give general alignment, pretty sure it gives full role details.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 25, 2021, 12:50:34 pm »

Shad0wdump:
I'm not gonna confirm Toonyman or LO, so town investigation roles probably should confirm them. I'll be confirming someone else from Web, Vector, Juicebox.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57