Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39832 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2021, 08:43:31 am »

Mamobo thinks plants are pretty!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
juicebox - 2 - Secretdorf*, Vector*,
LuckyOwl - 2 - webadict*, ToonyMan*,
notquitethere - 0 -
Secretdorf - 2 - Toaster*, Caz*,
SHAD0Wdump - 0 -
Toaster - 1 - TricMagic*,
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 1 - SHAD0Wdump*,
Vector - 1 - notquitethere*,
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - LuckyOwl, juicebox, hector13*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 26, 2021 at 02:00 CST (~42 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2021, 08:43:57 am »

Stupid Mamobo...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2021, 08:54:31 am »

What. Do you have a definition for bullying that doesn't exist in my Merriam-Webster? Explain to me how I am being anything but fair to them, please.
Luckyowl and Secretdorf are the two least experienced players here. You're implicating them together. Do you really believe they're on a mafia team together or are you just going for easy pickings?
I don't even know why I bother with posting, since it's clear that you're not reading.
Fine. Webadict, are you serious about Luckyowl?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2021, 08:58:43 am »

@Luckyowl:
This really came across twisting words and trying to make me look scummy. Even when I had a good reason to say what I posted. Web, you're really ticking my scum reader. All that unnecessary words when you could've just said. "I guess 3, because if I ran a game of 12 there will be 3." And why even suspected SD? When he was the one who ask how many mafia there were?! Like..cmon...
So Webadict is scum because he said there's 3 mafia? Why isn't that a reasonable conclusion to make?

I would be pointing out how his hyperactive shitstorm posting is like his play on Day 3 of Vengeful 13, as mafia.

I do think Web is bullying the newbies Luckyowl and Secretdorf unfairly and drawing the ire of Hector and SHADOWdump unproductively, but there's certain players I would like to hear from, such as Vector.

...but Luckyowl’s behaviour  so far has made that a comfortable place to settle his vote. His passiveness can be explained to some extent by the lack of activity of the town in general, though that doesn’t explain away his lack of initiative in trying to get that going beyond telling me off.
To be frank, that's just who I am. The same way Caz will get paranoid, or how TricMagic will always do something to make himself look scummy. It's sort of the flaw of my character, not all of us can easily fit a perfect town. That's why it's good to know people's habit. Like I know SD is town 100%. He's pretty capricious when it comes to his vote. Also, if he was scum his scum team would've give him some tip on how to act like town. The fact we're not seeing any sign of coaching, makes me believe that SD is town who has no scum influences. You can WIFOM and say, this is there plan after all. But, I doubt this. As this is quite unhelpful not only for SD but for his scum team. So, there's no way he's scum. 
This reasoning makes sense to me, but you can't say "there's no way he's scum". How do you know SD is town 100%?

1.I'm not really suspicious of Webadict because he guess 3 mafia. As He pointed it out he post that before the game start and I well, didn't really notice that. So points to him on that. But what I do have a problem is his case against me was pretty weak and he is able to guess that there is 3 mafia than it shouldn't be hard for him to look and see why I brought up the possible number of mafia in the game. Instead he tried to make me scummy and at the same time bully SD. Who was the one to ask, "How many mafia are there in this game." But yes, I want to hear from Vector. Wubba Dubba is not being helpful at all...in VM 12.5 and P25. He's always leading the town and trying to scum hunt...however, in VM 13 and in this one. Webadict is seating back too much. So if Vector can somehow confirm Web as town. Then at least my paranoia can be at ease.

2. er, right, mafia is word sensitive. I'll correct it. "I'm 100% sure, that SD might be town" there not much to expand on it. Since I really don't know if he is. There's always a  possibility, but I think he's not worth the time just yet. My main focus is this buddying Web/Vector.

ToonyMan: Who do you think might be the scum so far? other than Web. My second on my scumlist is probably TricMagic. Them not posting is bothersome.  They still constantly switch their vote around...but TricMagic was town in BYOR 15..so this might just be who they are.*sigh* Anyone who can act as perfect town, even as scum might be a pychopath to some degree.   

TricMagic: Say something, do you still think I should be lynch, if so, why?

Drinks a Coke Zero as they wake up to four pages of posts. "Ah, nothing like the taste of Reads in the Morning."

Luckyowl, at this point I find you to be an informative player. In that thi one post will tell a lot about who is town if you're mafia. Likewise, Toaster is another informative flip.

For townreads, I will tentatively put forth Shadowdump into the spotlight. Still got a ways to go for the rest of them, but it's a good start. Back to breakfast.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2021, 09:17:35 am »

Unvote
I think luckyowl is town, shad0w might also be. I'll vote someone later.
What makes you think each of them are town?

Do you have thoughts on who might be scum?
I think Luckyowl is being honest in his posts, which makes me think he's town. Shad0w seems like he's really trying to solve the game. As for scum:

Tricmagic: He's claimed miller which I think is a fakeclaim and also after getting town reads from some players for that, he's been lurking. Only coming to join my wagon doing nothing to solve the game. How can we even believe his claim, If we can't waste a lynch on him and he isn't doing much to prove he's town, unless there's a vigilante out there?

Juicebox: Solid example of effective lurking.

Webadict: He's null in my reads but I'm getting increasingly paranoid that he's making scummy webs to buddy many people at once.

NQT and Toaster: Null :(

Vector: I think his reasoning so far comes from town. To answer his question as how I knew that there are more than 1 investigative roles, that was a guess based upon the fact that there's no vanilla townie in this game, so that only makes sense.

Caz: Dunno why but whenever I think of him, I get a mafia ally read. However, that is just guts no solid reasons here.

Hector13: Jester-read but as there are no jesters in this game and also he's been trying to hunt scum lately, I'd say soft town read.

Add Secretdorf to my list of suspicious suspects. What wagon did I join again? Given I think it was never a wagon in the first place, RVSes Luckyowl to pressure him is a fine plan. Then you go claiming I am the one fakeclaiming. Main point is I cannot be killed before at least one mafia dies, or a vig decides to shoot me. Mafia won't kill me because I can be lynched, town won't lynch me because I claimed Miller and cops won't investigate me. If I was SK it would be a very bold move to make. If I was mafia, it draw attention. If I'm town, it prevents wasting an investigate.

You can't waste a lynch, and can't believe me. So you turn to vigs to do the kill, wasting their kill on town if you are mafia. Very clear logic with absolutely no fault. (Other than the vry clear faults, see if you can spot it for me, would ya?)

Webadict is addicted to making webs. this isn't very new, it's how he catches his prey. The Null on NQT and Toaster is what pushes you into suspicion, on top of saying both Luckyowl and Shadow are towny. If it was just one it wouldn't be as erroneous to me, but you buddy two.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2021, 09:27:08 am »

PFP so I’ll respond in individual posts

I think it's rich that hector is voting LuckyOwl for being 'passive' when that adjective could fit half the players in the game.

I haven’t ever voted Luckyowl this game. I assume you meant webadict? ‘cause I’m not voting webadict anymore.

I voted webadict for being passive because webadict was actually here being passive, whereas everyone else was off doing whatever they do on weekends.

Hector
You and Toaster were getting in my grille about how I was posting, webadict is aware what I was doing was not serious, he stopped me doing it, and in so doing the two of you wasting your time on something that was NAI.

If he was scum he would’ve let that carry on.

Wit.

Hey hector remember when I literally explained to SHAD0W that you weren't claiming 3rd party? Webadict points out NAI behaviour and you townread him, I do the same thing and... you are voting me? :D Why buddy webadict so much?

I’ve explained my vote on you was RVS, I’ve also explained multiple times to varying lengths (I think in each of my last handful of posts) why I’m townreading webadict.

I feel... left out. Estranged almost.

[silly references] Do you stockpile individual trifles in case someone suddenly shows an interest in you? [/silly references]
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2021, 09:37:06 am »

[silly references] Do you stockpile individual trifles in case someone suddenly shows an interest in you? [/silly references]

Yes, but it's a bit early to get them out as they are chockful of sherry.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2021, 09:41:51 am »

Vote on LO was self preservation vote as I didn't have a town read on Luckyowl at that point.

...Self preservation vote? What does this mean?

Can I do anything to alleviate your suspicions?

Go make a convincing case on someone. :P

Yeeep. Self Preservation, either survivor or mafia. Why would you need such so early in the day?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2021, 09:42:52 am »

Oh wow, Caz, many of our reads are same. I think I can town read you now as you have provided some content which I think comes from town.

Also, can be any more buddy-buddy than this?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2021, 09:45:25 am »

You say that you voting me will prove you aren't mafia ally. But what if you are mafia ally and think I'm scummy-town? You'd vote me. Just pointing out fault in your logic. Also I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping between wagons as scumreads change all(most?) of the time. Aside from the Luckyowl wagon as I didn't scumread him at that point. That was just 'self- preservation' vote as there was only one other wagon at that point.

Also if you think I'm scum, who do you think are my scum buddies?

Vote on LO was self preservation vote as I didn't have a town read on Luckyowl at that point.

...Self preservation vote? What does this mean?

PPE:
Can I do anything to alleviate your suspicions?

Go make a convincing case on someone. :P
It means voting someone not because you think they're scum but because you'd rather lynch them than you being lynched.

I'd make a case D2 if I live to that point. D1 cases are messy as D1 itself is a mess '_'

I mean, of course it's a mess, RVS followed by picking apart reasoning. But refusing to even make any cases needs a better reason than that, otherwise we'd enter day 2 either down a townie and/or stuck at Day 1 info-wise..

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 24, 2021, 09:46:21 am »

My vote rests on Juicebox until I think they aren't scum. I don't have anything to build a convincing case on them but I'm 75% sure they're scum.
75% eh, where does this number come from? And where will your vote go next?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 24, 2021, 09:52:21 am »

Bit under two days left.

So to all, but especially the Lurkers, what do you think of this rapid fire posting style? Is it scummy, towny, or something else?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 24, 2021, 10:00:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tricmagic: *sigh* Well that was my point. Then how do we confirm you? By questioning of course!
So what are your reads on players at the moment?

I am not buddying them, those were my reads. NQT I'll probably take as slight town lean but I don't know anything about Toaster.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2021, 10:01:36 am »

I thought I’d have more to say to NQT but I guess not, ah well.

I’ve been pretty clear on my scumreads so far, Luckyowl and Secretdorf, though they are the newest players and that’s probably why they’re coming across as scummy.

I’d still lynch Secretdorf though, if the day ended now. But it doesn’t which leads into:

NQT

I wholeheartedly disagree with you that moving your vote around is weak and unfocused play (in the first 24 hours of D1 no less!). Your vote is your voice, and telling someone you think they are the most suspicious player at the moment by voting them is saying a great deal, to them and other players.

You can track someone’s suspicions over the course of a day by looking at their vote movement, which allows you to figure them out much easier.

Else what would be the point of the vote analysis for which you’re so famous?

Currently you have an RVS vote on someone who appears to be gaining traction as a townread. What would your analysis of D1 voting patterns say of that specifically, and someone who left their RVS vote on someone for a great deal of the day generally?

I’m guessing it wouldn’t be great.

I have some reads if you want, not including me:

Solid town: SHAD0Wdump is making solid effort

Probably town: webadict their vote resting in an easy lynch doesn’t sit well with me and waiting for Vector before he makes an effort bothers me; else they’d be solid town.

Lean town: TricMagic for the Miller claim, Vector is doing stuff

Null: Toaster, juicebox, ToonyMan

Teetering on the edge of scum: Caz ‘cause what they said about me doesn’t make sense and they haven’t answered preferring to respond to my reference to a sketch show.

More later maybe I just got up and I need to go shopping and talk to people and then watch the football

Hey Caz, you gonna respond to my points or are you happy to have loose ends - particularly ones that make it look like you’re not paying attention to the thread - flapping in the wind?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2021, 10:05:01 am »

Alright, here's my gut feeling chart right now.

Reads:
TricMagic - ...80% Town: Yeah, this one's gonna come off as a surprise, but there's one good reason, and one mediocre reason. Claiming Miller is a Towntell. I'd even be willing to move this one up further because of that. I kinda want to, but it's not enough... Eh, whatever. I'm moving it up to 99%.
notquitethere - 90% Town: While I don't have a lot of notquitethere's scum performance, they seem to be on the level.
hector13 - 80% Town: I think they understood why what they were doing was bad. So far, they've given me no reason to not trust them. Also, they're defending me, a Townie, so that's automatic points, after voting for me. I felt like the reassessment made sense from my perspective, so I'm willing to defend them.
ToonyMan - 70% Town: I dunno, they don't really stand out as scum. So far, they've kinda been... I dunno, useful? Chillaxed? They seem very aloof, and that makes them too cool to lynch.
Secretdorf - 60% Town: Ehhhh... Loathe as I am to change my mind on them, they're not NOT useful, and they might not be scum. I kinda agree with Luckyowl on their assessment. Too noobish. But, being wrong isn't necessarily the same as being scum, and they've been active. Thus, they're at least a little Town.
Caz - 60% Town: Meh? Active but passive. Not really seeing too much issue, though. I kind of expect more, but that's just a little demanding.
SHAD0Wdump - Biased - Neutral: I don't like their cases, but I can't trust myself to make an unbiased assessment of them. So, we'll stick them here.
Toaster - 60% Non-Town: Eh, they haven't participated much yet, but... the little I've seen have been fairly minor posts that hasn't furthered any cases, but no real reasoning behind this other than gut feeling. Their three posts just don't give enough of a picture.
juicebox - 60% Non-Town: They haven't done anything, so it's not really fair to do this. And since they've done even less than Toaster, I'd be more willing to lynch them. But, too many people are going after them, and it's just an easy target.
Luckyowl - 60% Town, but not-trustable: I'd rather lynch them, just for safety. What's that? Read them as slightly Town and still lynchable? Git gud, kid.
Vector - 70% Non-Town: Vector... lied to me? :( Something feels off about Vector, but I can't put a good reason behind it. They let me off too easily, and they aren't trying to find out my alignment. If they said their role was one that followed the same pattern, I'd have felt better, but they didn't... >:| Liar. And with them going after juicebox... I just don't know. I don't want to lynch Vector because I want to play with them too much, but if they're Mafia... I gotta do it.

PPE: I'm slow, and all these people posted. Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57