Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39553 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 2: Early Execution (9 / 12)
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2021, 03:36:35 pm »

Luckyowl (0):
webadict (0):
Toaster (0):
juicebox (6): ToonyMan, Luckyowl, notquitethere, Secretdorf, webadict, juicebox
TricMagic (0):
Secretdorf (0):
notquitethere (0):
ToonyMan (1): SHAD0Wdump
hector13 (0):
SHAD0Wdump (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not voting (3): Toaster, TricMagic, hector13
6 to hammer.

The aggressive eyes of ToonyMan and Secretdorf turn towards juicebox, futilely trying to hide in a corner behind some cardboard boxes. Juicebox meets their gaze, then turns and freely marches towards the guillotine.

Kerthunk.

An inspection of their belongings, including a frankly tremendous backpack stuffed full of murder weaponry, exposes them as a murderous evildoer.

juicebox was mafia.

Versatile Goon (mafia)

(Auto) Price of Power: You are a JOAT with 10 abilities. This is too much power. Every time you use a 1-Shot ability, you must pick two unexpended 1-Shot abilities from your role and make them Unusable.
(1-Shot, Night) Tailor [target]: Choose an alignment (town, mafia, or other). Your chosen player alignment inspects as that alignment tonight.

(1-Shot, Night) Jailkeep [target]: You both protect your target from standard kill actions performed tonight and roleblock them.
(1-Shot, Night) Bus Driver [target1] [target2]: You switch the position of your two targets, causing actions aimed at the first to hit the second and vice versa.

(1-Shot, Night) Ninja [target]: Modified mafiakill. Trackers see you as having visited nobody and watch-type actions aimed at your target do not detect you. Oh and you kill your target.

(1-Shot, Night) Strongman [target]: Modified mafiakill. You kill your target, trumping basic protective abilities and kill resistance. (If you’re wondering ‘how exactly does this work when you’re still shooting them’, well, you use your strength to carry over a machine gun.)

(Unusable, 1-Shot, Night) Poison [target]: Modified mafiakill. You poison your target, causing them to die at the end of the following Day, after the lynch. A poisoned player is informed that they are poisoned.

(1-Shot, Night) Hot Dog…? [target]: You give your target a hot dog.

(1-Shot, Day) Antidote [target/self]: You cure your target of poison, if they are poisoned. This may be self-targeted.

(Unusable, 1-Shot, Day) Taunt: Give the mod a message. It will be anonymously posted to the thread by the mod, who will confirm that the sender of the message is mafia.

(1-Shot, Any) Reload: Can only be used once all your other abilities are either used up or Unusable, and does not trigger Price of Power. Choose three of your abilities, restore their shot if they are used up and remove the Unusable tag from them if it is present.

Perhaps the spirits of Vector and Caz will rest well knowing that one of the murderous evildoers who have infiltrated your group has been lynched - but the death game is not yet over!

Night 2 has begun, and will end 2 PM, Thursday, Central time, or when I receive all actions and have the time to process them. If you do not intend to act, do let me know.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Night 2: One Down (9 / 12)
« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2021, 03:16:08 pm »

Aight. Processing the night actions. Nobody post until Day 3 starts.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 3: Ghostly Presence (8 / 12)
« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2021, 04:36:00 pm »

Eight people return after the night's end. Unlike the last time, the absence of Toaster is noted immediately. His body is found shortly, his dead eyes staring at the world that brought him to this state of being.

Toaster was town.

Vengeful Follower Mason (town)

(Auto) Masonry: You are aware of the existence and identity of a second player with the same base role and alignment as you. You can also communicate with them in a private quicktopic while you are alive. (You may continue to read this private chat while dead, but not post in it)

(Unusable, 2-Shot, Night) Follow [target]: You may only use this ability while you are dead. You follow your target and learn what category of action they perform, from investigative / protective / action-preventing / other. (If an action belongs in more than one category, or they perform multiple actions, all relevant categories are returned as results.) The results from this action are given to your Mason partner instead of you.

It almost feels like he's watching you all specifically. But that couldn't be the case, right?

Quote from: Votecount
Luckyowl (0):
webadict (0):
TricMagic (0):
Secretdorf (0):
notquitethere (0):
ToonyMan (0):
hector13 (0):
SHAD0Wdump (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not voting (8): Luckyowl, webadict, TricMagic, Secretdorf, notquitethere, ToonyMan, hector13, SHAD0Wdump
5 to hammer.

Day 3 has begun, and will end at 3:30 PM Sunday, Central time, or when the hammer drops.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 3: A Haunting Experience (8 / 12)
« Reply #558 on: January 28, 2021, 04:38:12 pm »

A fun trick Secretdorf. Ending the day before I even voted.  I doubt I will live to see D4, but if I have my way, neither will you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »

A fun trick Secretdorf. Ending the day before I even voted.  I doubt I will live to see D4, but if I have my way, neither will you.
Yeah but why?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 28, 2021, 04:49:05 pm »

Are you suggesting Secretdorf threw a member of the Mafia under the bus?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 28, 2021, 04:51:04 pm »

I don't have incriminating evidence Luckyowl, they were clean. Did you get anything?

Why did you guys put obvscum at L-1 so they could quickhammer 8 hours into Day start?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2021, 04:53:03 pm »

I don't have incriminating evidence Luckyowl, they were clean. Did you get anything?

Why did you guys put obvscum at L-1 so they could quickhammer 8 hours into Day start?
Because I like not waiting to do things.

Also, please confirm my Hotdogs, people.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2021, 04:53:07 pm »

MOD Question:
Why is the not voting 8 in the vote count black?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2021, 04:55:35 pm »

It's very simple, actually.

If I type (8) , it renders it as a sunglasses face.

If I type (8) , the emoji conversion doesn't happen.

It's solely to make the votecount that tiny bit more readable.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2021, 04:58:07 pm »

Because I like not waiting to do things.

what do they even do? And why do they matter?

Yeah but why?

Given I was pushing him when scum decided to end it and deny me any investigation last night, removing them makes sense. Also, removing Toaster prevents them from saying what happened to them Night 1, denying the info that would intensify the heat on the bread that is full of secretdorf.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2021, 05:04:44 pm »

8)

I got two in cardboard cartons this time. So three total?

I think Hector13 and either NQT/Secretdorf are scum.

@Hector:
Why didn't you want to hammer Juicebox? Secretdorf inspected them and they were super scummy.

@NQT:
You were the third vote on both lynches, can you explain that? Isn't that the statistically scummy bandwagon position?

@Secretdorf:
Claim everything, just like on Day 2.

Given I was pushing him when scum decided to end it and deny me any investigation last night, removing them makes sense. Also, removing Toaster prevents them from saying what happened to them Night 1, denying the info that would intensify the heat on the bread that is full of secretdorf.
Shadowdump can tell us if Toaster used their mason chat.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 28, 2021, 05:06:11 pm »

Perfect, then I know exactly what you did last Night, Toony. Which should confirm that ToonyMan is Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2021, 05:08:01 pm »

As proof, ToonyMan... You inspected me, did you not?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2021, 05:10:54 pm »

Perfect, then I know exactly what you did last Night, Toony. Which should confirm that ToonyMan is Town.

So those things let you know who visited you? Then you should know I at least targeted you, even if vindictive didn't let me get a result.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57