Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39616 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2: The Doors Slam Closed At Midnight (11 / 9+)
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2021, 01:07:45 am »

The infiltrators had prepared well. Doors had been sealed, windows caulked. Soon their death game would begin.

Signups are now closed, though you may still sign up to be a replacement. The game will begin on the 23rd of January. Good luck and have fun.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2021, 04:48:25 am »

god, I can't wait for another one. watch me get quickhammered for reasonable reasons.

Don't worry, I'll flip a coin first. :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2: The Doors Are Sealed (11 / 11)
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2021, 02:24:09 pm »

Technically speaking I do have all the roles done, but I'm sure you all would prefer I take the time to thoroughly polish them and keep the setup balanced.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2021, 02:25:41 pm »

god, I can't wait for another one. watch me get quickhammered for reasonable reasons.

Don't worry, I'll flip a coin first. :P

I've changed my mind, my next BYOR role is going to be "Coinflip at LYLO" :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2021, 12:20:08 am »

I am litterally on the tail end of the signups having closed. Would it be too obnoxious of me to ask to get in anyway?
 If not that's fine, I can be in the replace pool.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2021, 12:30:50 am »

Hey!! Long time no see!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2021, 12:32:54 am »

If I can get in, hopefully I'll be less of a jackwagon now that I've had about a decade to mature.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2021, 12:44:42 am »

I am litterally on the tail end of the signups having closed. Would it be too obnoxious of me to ask to get in anyway?
Ehhhh...

Considering the polarity of the neutron flow... the strength constants of the roles... the freshness of the bread...

Yes. (As in, yes you can get in, no it's not too obnoxious, lol)

If I can get in, hopefully I'll be less of a jackwagon now that I've had about a decade to mature.
I believe in you!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 12:47:40 am »

Yay!

Honestly, I've wanted to get in a game for quite a while, but between doubts I'd behave, time constraints, and a recent drought of games, it's been hard to do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2: The Doors Are Sealed (Properly Now) (12 / 12)
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 02:00:33 am »

This will be... that elusive, wonderful thing known as fun.

I've completed the second setup draft, and tomorrow I shall polish it and distribute the roles, then let the games begin.

In the interest of transparency, I've made a small rules change due to there being no mentors - scum are allowed to post in their mafiachat after they die, but only to provide strategy advice. They're not allowed to share information from the deadchat there. This is mainly to prevent a situation where the only experienced player(s) in the mafia are wiped out and the newer one(s) have no idea what to do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 02:38:15 am »

I respectfully dissent.

Or is everyone else cool with catching me as scum and having me continue to kibitz with Webadict?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2021, 02:42:05 am »

If you're willing to more thoroughly explain your reasoning, I might change my mind or implement an alternative system. I'm still learning as a mod, and getting feedback from my players will help me a lot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2021, 02:51:23 am »

OK: to be clear, I’m cool with it if everyone else is cool with it. But:

- First, no one here is truly a beginner. We all know the basics.
- Next, I don’t think it’s fair to town that dead scum get to help strategize. Lynching a mafia member who you don’t want to have to LYLO with doesn’t fully remove the threat of that player. They’re basically still on the field in some capacity, but you can’t do anything to get rid of them.
- This follows far more if you roll up an experienced scumteam.
- Additionally, it’s not that likely that noobscum will make it to the end while more experienced scum dies early on. It’s possible, but not that likely.

I’m really calling for a discussion more than anything else. I’m experienced largely at playing, more than modding.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2021, 02:55:21 am »

Fair points. Well, there's more than enough time for other people to contribute their opinions and thoughts before the game starts. I'll decide based on what I see.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2021, 03:05:40 am »

I agree with Vector, There is no total newbie here. I have played two newbie games on mafiascum.net so I'm not that much newbie. I'm not sure about others (and I think that means Luckyowl :/ ).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57