Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: easiest artifact ever  (Read 1762 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
easiest artifact ever
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:00:00 pm »

Zefon Kolamkin, Gem Setter cancels Store Item in Barrel: Taken by mood.
Zefon Kolamkin, Gem Setter is taken by a fey mood!
Zefon Kolamkin has claimed a Jeweler's Workshop.
Zefon Kolamkin has begun a mysterious construction!
Zefon Kolamkin, Gem Setter has created Bimushil Omer —st, a perfect Yellow jasper!
Zefon Kolamkin, Gem Setter is more experienced.

"this object menaces with spikes of Yellow Jasper"

Bimushil Omer Ust "Slingice the Greenesses of Breaching

it menaces with spikes of something! All went well!

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: easiest artifact ever
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »

So they claimed a shop, the material they needed just happened to be there already, and they started crafting their artifact right away?

I've had that happen once or twice, usually as a result of no stockpiles for the material, plus cancled jobs, so it's brought to the workshop and just left there until needed.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »

I've had easier artifacts.  Masonry things that required one normal rock.

Not nearly as valuable, though.

Scotty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »

looks like he just created DF's Hope Diamond or something like that :)

Adder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:44:00 pm »

I had a carpenter making barrels claim the workshop he was in, pick up the log he was making barrels with, and make a chair all without taking a step.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 10:25:00 am »

Well that's easier than mine.  I don't think I've ever had a dwarf claim the workshop he's been in and never run for additional materials.

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 08:58:00 am »

I had a metalcrafter cancel his current job of making silver crafts and make an artifact silver crown out of the bar he was working with.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »

It's funny when dwarves make something out of the material they are already working with. I had a mason building doors once and while he was making the door he suddenly went into a fey mood, claimed the workshop he was in and the granite he had been making the door out of, and he produced: an artifact granite door.

Not very creative, considering his orders was to make doors, and he had already created 10 or so other granite doors. I guess his fey mood was just to make it prettier than the other granite doors. Then he decided to carry it with him forever...

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Blaidd_Drwg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 09:54:00 am »

Ah, this just happened to me. Craftsdwarf claimed his own workshop and grabbed the piece of diorite he was working with. Let's see what he makes.

Meng Gosturist, Stonecrafter has created Meng Gosturist, a Diorite ring!

He named his artefact after himself? What a pretentious git!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »

I had that happen once, where a dwarf named his artifact after himself.  
In my latest fortress the first two moods produced single ingredient artifacts.  Oh joy, a shale door.  So glad you took the time out from making shale doors to make that shale door that doesn't even menace with spikes.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Scotty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »

i just had a dwarf get posessed, claim a carpenter shop, grab a maple log then proceed to craft a maple bin artifact that was just highest quality and decorated with maple, worth 2400, no images, no bands, no spikes, i'd say that could be one of the easiest

Akael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »

My metalcrafter, working on making platinum toys(because the liason said they were needed) grabbed the platinum bar he was working with and made...

A platinum toy hammer.

He continued making the thing he was making just a few seconds ago. Easiest artifact ever. That fortress has long died of starvation, sadly, so I can't tell you how much it was worth.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »

"The Empty Wild Suffering," a chestnut cup.  Bands of chestnut.

No, there's nothing in it.

Yes, the creator is a pessimist.  But she seems okay with it.

I'm actually pretty happy with how plain it is.  Much better than if it was decorated with images of travelling dwarves in emerald and menaced with spikes of harlequin opal.

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

gloogorshkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vine-gar.tk
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 11:33:00 pm »

That is the cup of a carpenter all right.  You should build an elaborate trap room to protect and house it once it gets dropped by it's creator, preferably something with pressure plates and collapsing floors and all that.  The only real problem would be making it stay there when you bring in your adventurer (who would have to be wearing a modded-in fedora and wielding a whip, of course)...

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by gloogorshkin:
<STRONG>That is the cup of a carpenter all right.  You should build an elaborate trap room to protect and house it once it gets dropped by it's creator, preferably something with pressure plates and collapsing floors and all that.  The only real problem would be making it stay there when you bring in your adventurer (who would have to be wearing a modded-in fedora and wielding a whip, of course)...</STRONG>

So how would you get the optical illusion engravings that're only visible from certain camera angles that the adventurer doesn't even have?  :D

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.
Pages: [1] 2