Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO  (Read 20764 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 13 - D3 brings LYLO
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2021, 09:02:49 pm »

I'm... uh... playing games with a friend, so ToonyMan. I didn't realize we were gonna do this tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2021, 11:58:39 pm »

I feel like Webadict planned this somehow...
No, if I had planned this, it would not have involved you. I'd much rather have Caz here. ToonyMan is using a bunch of fallacious arguments and nitpicks to make a case, and in the end, they couldn't even muster that.

Look, I'm pretty tired, and I know that apparently the most random things call to you as Townie instead of, you know, actual gameplay. So, let's throw some of these facts at you:
1. ToonyMan has been buddying you the entire game.
2. ToonyMan threw out the first vote in this game, the same as the last game, while calling you a confirmed Town player. Same exact play.
3. ToonyMan used their own scum meta to try to paint me as scum, which is literally not how that works.
4. ToonyMan attempted to push me towards voting you by pointing out your vote on Caz as scummy. I countered this point because I would have literally done the same thing. I also hammered TricMagic without letting them talk either, so this is a provable point.
5. I was the one to push the hardest for TricMagic's lynch. This happened while TricMagic was asleep. ToonyMan had threatened to hammer you, and TricMagic moved in, exactly the same as what happened in Vengeful 12.5 with ToonyMan and 4maskwolf.
6. TricMagic went to bed at exactly that same time, so that they could maintain non-culpability. My guess is that the goal was for you to Vengekill one of them and move into the next Day, especially considering this comment. Since Caz hadn't posted yet, there was intrinsic motivation to keep both of us alive and resort to Day 2, especially given how terrible TricMagic's vote was. This was the improvement from ToonyMan's previous Mafia play I talked about here.
7. ToonyMan's interactions with TricMagic shows that the same action that was used to confirm you as Town was also used to be suspicious of TricMagic.
8. ToonyMan never built a case on Caz, but blamed you for voting them as well. ToonyMan knew full well that by voting, they condoned the lynch.
Is that enough evidence for you? No?
9. I've been suspicious of you this entire game. All of my interaction was meant to check your alignment. ToonyMan wasn't suspicious of me or you until Day Three.
ToonyMan's arguments are flawed, even using their own logic:
10. ToonyMan is using the fact that I hammered TricMagic as evidence that I'm scum [#3]. Fallacious argument #1.
11. ToonyMan is using the fact that you voted yourself as evidence that I'm scum [#1]. Fallacious argument #2.

You basically forced ToonyMan's hand. Additional time would have eventually shown you were Town, especially since I was attempting to dig further into it. I did not need to push for a vote because additional information would not have been detrimental to me. ToonyMan made an entire case on me without voting. The goal was for you to vote me without having to look suspicious, and so they could hammer. Since ToonyMan couldn't sucker you into voting me, they waited until I came up with statements that would incriminate me, or get you to do it for them. In the end, they couldn't wait anymore. That's what happens when you have to fabricate a reason to vote in order to avoid the Townies finding each other, right ToonyMan?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2021, 12:17:35 am »

Lucky, if you want me to be 100% honest, my goal was to get one of you to vote the other, so that I could prove myself off that fact alone. It's easier to prove yourself when you don't have to do anything about it. I honestly don't believe that they could convince me to lynch you because they'd have to go back on their feeling. That confirmed you for me, so now I don't have to look at your play and determine scumminess from it. But it would have been easier if you had simply voted them. What can you do now?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2021, 01:11:05 am »

Yeah, might as well vote ToonyMan. He seem more scummier when you point all that out. Especially when he forced it down on to me again. Got anything else? ToonyMan?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2021, 01:14:43 am »

Yeah, might as well vote ToonyMan. He seem more scummier when you point all that out. Especially when he forced it down on to me again. Got anything else? ToonyMan?
I'm writing a post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2021, 01:32:56 am »

Webadict stands up with a rebuttal. ToonyMan counters!

I feel like Webadict planned this somehow...
No, if I had planned this, it would not have involved you. I'd much rather have Caz here. ToonyMan is using a bunch of fallacious arguments and nitpicks to make a case, and in the end, they couldn't even muster that.
I know what you wanted Webadict, it's clear now. You wanted me to vote Luckyowl. You absolutely wanted me to help you kill Luckyowl, and I didn't fall for it.

1. Vector mentored Luckyowl all of BYOR15 and they were town. I don't want town to lose because somebody I think is likely town is making mistakes. I'm being critical of everyone's play.
2. Not the same. I was 100% sure NQT was town and was trying to cause a mislynch.
Here I was mostly sure Webadict was mafia, but was still incredibly anxious after taking the plunge.
3. I don't know what you mean here?
4. I wanted Luckyowl to elaborate why they hammered Caz.
5. I'm willing to guess TricMagic had no idea you were going to bus him. I pointed out how suspicious your vote swapping was between the two of you.
Luckyowl, you nearly died there. Webadict probably wanted to get a townie on the lynch as well which is why he goaded he would hammer you after.
6. But I never voted Luckyowl because he listened to my advice.
And afterwards, I let Luckyowl decide if he wanted to vote TricMagic or Caz because I was more confident they were town from that. Reason #4 in my case is one of the biggest reasons why I thought you were the flagbearer busser and not Luckyowl. It's so damning.
7. What? I trusted Luckyowl more than TricMagic at that point. TricMagic was clearly going for the easy kill as lazy scum.
8. I regret voting Caz before they said anything. I was busy this morning and didn't expect a 2 hour hammer with Caz literally never posting.
9. The fact you suspect Luckyowl so hard this time is suspicious itself, Webadict.
And it's true. I was reasonably convinced Caz was the flagbearer and that we totally owned the mafia, however I really did want to hear from Caz. That's why I asked them for their opinions at the start of Day 2.
Webadict encouraged the mislynch.
10. Scum should reasonably believe they'll be vengekilled back for hammering. You knew there was no vengekill so there's no such fear. That's my reasoning.
11. Luckyowl voting himself is evidence that he's town. I am also town. So yes, logically you're scum.

You basically forced ToonyMan's hand. Additional time would have eventually shown you were Town, especially since I was attempting to dig further into it. I did not need to push for a vote because additional information would not have been detrimental to me. ToonyMan made an entire case on me without voting. The goal was for you to vote me without having to look suspicious, and so they could hammer. Since ToonyMan couldn't sucker you into voting me, they waited until I came up with statements that would incriminate me, or get you to do it for them. In the end, they couldn't wait anymore. That's what happens when you have to fabricate a reason to vote in order to avoid the Townies finding each other, right ToonyMan?
I had to vote and be correct. Now it's Luckyowl's turn to vote and be correct. I didn't like the bickering between the two of you and wanted to make the rest of the day clear, even if it meant me costing the game. It was scary, but I managed to vote the mafia after thinking about it.

Are we really going to lose because you can't identify Scumowl?
I've never seen Luckyowl as mafia.
To be clear here, what I'm saying is that I don't know what mafia!Luckyowl is because I haven't seen Luckyowl as mafia before. I'm not saying that I've seen Luckyowl as town this whole time. Even when I voted Webadict there was a small chance I felt that I was wrong.

Luckyowl, you're confirmed town again. Can you please act better? I agree with Webadict at least that you're doing the same song and dance as last lylo and it's frustrating. I'm restraining myself because I have much harsher things I want to say, but I really want you and me (and Caz) to win this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2021, 01:42:22 am »

Lucky, if you want me to be 100% honest, my goal was to get one of you to vote the other, so that I could prove myself off that fact alone. It's easier to prove yourself when you don't have to do anything about it. I honestly don't believe that they could convince me to lynch you because they'd have to go back on their feeling. That confirmed you for me, so now I don't have to look at your play and determine scumminess from it. But it would have been easier if you had simply voted them. What can you do now?
You're full of shit.

Luckyowl, look at how much Webadict was trying to push "obvTown" me onto "IDIOT" you Day 3.

He wanted me to vote you so he could hammer. I avoided that tragedy. Now it's your turn to do the same.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2021, 07:09:38 am »

Hm, got anything to say, Web? jokes aside, you may rest your weary head. I'll make a decision with both of these post when I stop being lazy to read through them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2021, 10:10:37 am »

Votecount:
Luckyowl (0) -
Toonyman (1) - webadict
webadict (1) - Toonyman

Not Voting (1) - Luckyowl

2 votes required to hammer

Day Ends 1/18/21 at 10AM.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2021, 11:45:51 am »

Posting to watch the end of day...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2021, 02:24:40 pm »

ToonyMan's still not using any of my scumtells to defend their confidence. They have to rely on other people's because they have no real evidence. It was a rash decision because they needed to convince one of us to vote the other.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2021, 02:35:22 pm »

I think it's possible that Webadict might be the FB. I theorize Webadict's possible plan that arose from my day 1 self-claiming. 

1. Lynch me, vengekill him. I flip town he flip FB. But because the FB was VK instead of being lynch. The game proceed into day 2. Where Caz, TricMagic, and ToonyMan would be left. In other words. Taking out me, the always confirm town would increase mafia win rate. Vking the FB would also prevent a day 1 town victory. The scumteam in this set up would most likely see me as a threat. My always confirmed town turn the town victory into a 50/50 chance instead of a 66%. Webadict of course didn't plan me to be here, nor did he planned himself to be here. But even so, I would like Webadict in take. Before I do anything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2021, 02:39:43 pm »

It was a rash decision because they needed to convince one of us to vote the other.
You are the one that wanted one of us to vote the other.

Day 3:

The problem here is that I'm still pretty convinced ToonyMan is Obvtown.
Claiming I'm town.

@Luckyowl: Yes, but what's your feeling on ToonyMan?
Pitting Luckyowl against me.

@Luckyowl: Why are you only going after ToonyMan and not me? If anyone's trying to distance themselves, it feels like it's you, and it's why I still don't trust you.
Suspicion to make me vote Luckyowl.

SINCE TOONYMAN AND TRICMAGIC AREN'T WORKING TOGETHER, THAT'S HOW YOU GET TWO. I DON'T KNOW WHICH MATH YOU FAILED, BUT PLEASE RETAKE IT.
Claiming I'm town.

Unvote
This vote right here is why I think it's Luckyowl. He literally removes it right after TricMagic throws his vote on him.
Placing suspicion on Luckyowl.

So the mafia bussed huh. If so, I think Webadict is flagbearer, but I want to see what he got to say. I'm still inclined to think it's ToonyMan.
He literally knows the term for what just occurred, ToonyMan, and you're still defending them? That plus the waffling, and I'm at 95% sure it's Luckyowl.
Claiming Luckyowl is 95% mafia. He's trying to convince me to vote Luckyowl.

Are we really going to lose because you can't identify Scumowl?
Pitting me against Luckyowl.

Luckyowl, why do you think it's ToonyMan instead of me?
Pitting Luckyowl against me.

PPE:
I think it's possible that Webadict might be the FB. I theorize Webadict's possible plan that arose from my day 1 self-claiming. 
1. Lynch me, vengekill him. I flip town he flip FB. But because the FB was VK instead of being lynch. The game proceed into day 2. Where Caz, TricMagic, and ToonyMan would be left. In other words. Taking out me, the always confirm town would increase mafia win rate. Vking the FB would also prevent a day 1 town victory. The scumteam in this set up would most likely see me as a threat. My always confirmed town turn the town victory into a 50/50 chance instead of a 66%. Webadict of course didn't plan me to be here, nor did he planned himself to be here. But even so, I would like Webadict in take. Before I do anything.
I agree.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2021, 02:40:36 pm »

Lucky, that still doesn't make sense. You weren't confirmed Town until Today. If I had planned to lynch you without regard to evidence, why would I unvote you? There'd be no point because at that point, you have 2 votes on you. If I was working with TricMagic, why would I unvote? WIFOM, sure, but it literally makes no sense and the only person who could've coordinated in that situation was ToonyMan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2021, 02:41:30 pm »

Look at the post times! It's the same play from 12.5.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20