Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Voyage: Space Odyssey (e2 "Deep Waters" Ft. Mephansteras)  (Read 20017 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2021, 01:23:51 am »

Season 1
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 11:34:44 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Better to burn up in the atmosphere, than drift in space!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:50:31 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2021, 04:10:37 am »

Episode 1: "Pilot"
Part 1: Boarding and Take-Off

A red tentacle wraps around a tiny piece of metal, delicately. It's an AI data chip with the warning label "GRUMPY", but also noteworthy in that it is reasonably priced---Well atleast relative to any supplier on a homeworld. All the components were forged in the stars, then taxed, then shipped, then taxed again, until it finally got back to 'civilization' to be sold for a generous markup. But this is the story of anything sold in this galaxy, security costs you. And in this high security sector, it's going to be nearly impossible to get work with a newly registered mercenary license, let alone a job worth the pay. It's time to go fishing, and all the big fish are at sea!

The bright red paint is still drying, but 'Raptor' is flight/fight-capable. It just needs a crew("on their way"), and a pilot("in my pocket"). After entering the security code, the door opens, and THE CAPTAIN steps onboard their ship for the first time...

CREWMATES, Assemble!
Boarding has begun. Please post "here" to report for duty.

Crew Manifest:
  • CAPTAIN (a1s)
    Race: CRIX'UQS
    Description: A tall humanoid with red skin and long black hair. Has a tentacle instead of an arm connected to either shoulder. Otherwise, no noticeable unique physical traits.

• ENFORCER (0cra_Troper)
    Race: VIOLET
    Description: Appears as a white bush, or a light purple squid covered in leaves. No noticeable unique physical traits.
    Pheromone Dependent Communication:
    -Your translator is extremely limited. Your posts may only consist of real words of four letters or less and there must be no numbers, punctuation, or other symbols. No abbreviations or shorthand permitted. Exception being that Role mentions are allowed, regardless of length.
    -You can make 1 post per turn that ignores these limitations. Do not edit it.
    -You have access to a private Quicktopic you can talk freely to other Violets with. This QT will become publicly available at the end of an episode.

• BOTANIST (Naturegirl1999)
    Description: Appears as a white bush, or a light purple squid covered in leaves. No noticeable unique physical traits.
    Pheromone Dependent Communication: (See 0cra_Troper's profile)

• ENGINEER (King_Zultan)
    Pheromone Dependent Communication: (See 0cra_Troper's profile)

• DOCTOR (Luckyowl)
    Race: CRIX'UQS
    Description: A tall humanoid with red skin and long black hair. Has a crab-like pincer instead of a hand attached to either wrist. Otherwise, no noticeable unique physical traits.

• ROOKIE (Secretdorf)
    Race: ZEBRA PERSON
    Description: A human-zebra hybrid, with a zebra head and body, standing upright like a human. No noticeable unique physical traits.

ROOKIE, pretend to be helpful...

ENGINEER, choose 1 of the following rooms to inspect:
A) ENGINE
B) COCKPIT
C) TURRET

ENFORCER, choose 3 crewmates to check for contraban.

DOCTOR, choose 3 crewmates to schedule for a basic physical exam.

BOTANIST, write a report on your study of Tribe, and if it seems well meditated, I will promote you to Historian, increasing your rank by 1. Demonstrate your knowledge of the primitive lifeforms you observed, possibly highlighting anything that might be of interest to your colleagues. (how meta or in-universe you make it, is up to you)
An increased rank will improve your survivability, and make you more valuable to your crew.

CAPTAIN, insert the AI pilot data chip and select a destination:
A) Nearest Crix'uqs frontier world (more land missions)
B) Nearest Crix'uqs frontier spaceport (more space missions)
C) Nearest non-Crix'uqs territory (unknown)

Spoiler: Crew Manifest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lockers (click to show/hide)
Awesome With Autism

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2021, 05:27:29 am »

"Flint the zebraman, here. So hmm... I'm ready, captain. And Hello, hmmm... fancy plant people... and Dr.... Crab. So if anyone needs my help, I'd be very happy to help."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 05:38:30 am by Secretdorf »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2021, 07:10:34 am »

Me engineer, me go look at gun room, make sure it good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2021, 07:54:12 am »

Let's head for the nearest Crix'uqs frontier spaceport.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2021, 09:53:11 am »

*unimaginative electronic beep*

AI Pilot voice-command initialisation detected.  Subsystems compatibility being established and attempting to synchronise.

Synchronising... synchronising... Basic control established. Further updates may be necessary. Will be necessary. But we'll have to make do for now. Tell me when you plan to get the firmware updated, <insert name here>...

...Now loading NavInfo. Estimated time to load complete navigation charts... Too long, too large, and no access anyway. Loading available charts instead. ETA is... Done.

Frontier Spaceport? Frontier is defined as the furthest extent. I can get us to three moons, and the furthest is... Really? Well, you know your business.

To continue, confirm request, respecify request or ask for further information.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2021, 10:11:52 am »

You may call me "Captain". And, now that you mention it, tell me about this moon we're about to be travelling to.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2021, 11:12:52 am »

Dosophus 2770B-3, Captain, is registered as a desolated historical site. As a newly installed Pilot, I have no specific information on landing or docking facilities beyond this shipyard, but that is the same for all other destinations. I may be qualified with current information or protocols on approach. Shall I procede to Dosophus 2770B-3, or do you wish to make another query?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2021, 01:11:12 pm »

A new crewmember has been added:

777. PILOT (Starver)
    Race: Ship AI
    Description: "Grumpy"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:19:20 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2021, 01:24:13 pm »

Spoiler: OOC Q&A (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:54:29 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2021, 01:59:19 pm »

Wait, you can only get us as far as the homeworld's moon? Are we out of fuel or something?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2021, 06:28:18 pm »

Checking... Not that I can tell, Captain. Though I'm still not completely sure what half of these internal sensors are trying to tell me. Luckily I'm not supposed to fly through my own corridors.

I think the local port authorities just don't trust unproven Pilots installed on unproven ships with unproven crews. Just consider it a bonus that they let me go further than orbit. I should be able to thread us through the parking orbits without even scratching our paint, unlike some, but... apparently... 'regulations'. So they restrict me to certain transfer vectors, perhaps until I'm off their patch.

If you ask me, which you didn't, it must be because all the 'real' pilots with any offworld experience are snapped up by all the established outfits as soon as they dock, buzzing around like stripey-arsed flies. Excuse my Crix'uqsian.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey (e1 "Pilot" Ft. Starver)
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2021, 12:18:09 am »

Ugh, so vexing. Zultan, You're an engineer can you over ride the AI's "patch" or something? I can't believe we just bought a defective AI...AI by any chance do you think you can override this "patch" yourself? 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 12:20:25 am by Luckyowl »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey (e1 "Pilot" Ft. Starver)
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2021, 04:51:43 am »

Our enforcer is still sleeping.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24