Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Voyage: Space Odyssey (e2 "Deep Waters" Ft. Mephansteras)  (Read 20683 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey [Lab] (0/6)
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2021, 01:08:46 pm »

We need at least 6 supplies, which leaves us with 2 credits. (So no rifles.) Any pitches?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2021, 03:45:49 pm »

A grizzled old Crix'uqsian comes up to the Captain

"I hear you've been tangling with the Black Knight gang. I've got my own score to settle with them, if you're interested in some assistance."
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2021, 05:50:04 pm »

A guest character has appeared.

EX-PILOT (Mephansteras)
    Race: CRIX'UQ
    Description: A tall humanoid with red skin and long grey hair. Has a lamb limb instead of an arm connected to either shoulder. A senior citizen and a fully trained pilot, albiet retired.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2021, 06:32:06 pm »

"That's unexpectedly lucky and not at all suspicious. Welcome aboard!" (I assume Rookie can train by seeing a real pilot fly the ship?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2021, 06:36:34 pm »

(And it is the safest way to do so.)

Quote from: Episode 2 Crew
Captain: a1s
Engineer: King Zultan
Rookie: Secretdorf
Ex-Pilot: Mephansteras

(Assuming your post about asking the others for guidance on shopping implied they are both rehired.)

(Modify as desired.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 06:40:28 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey [Lab] (4/6)
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2021, 06:45:05 pm »

(Yes, sorry. Everyone is rehired for the second mission. I'm also open to applications for the Doctor and Enforcer positions. Doc was a real help in the last mission, actually.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2021, 06:58:15 pm »

"Excellent! I've been keeping my eyes open for a chance to get back at those bastards ever since they killed my nephew. And while I don't have any rifles, I have stashed a few ship parts and weapons away that should prove useful against them."

I have Turret parts for an extra turret and 2 Torpedos that the ship can use.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2021, 06:30:29 am »

"captain you want me make new gun room from part me do it fast and good"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2021, 07:44:54 am »

"Hello, lamb... crixuq, its nice to meet you. I am sorry to hear about the fate of your nephew. He used to be a good friend of... Ah, I was saying it would be an honour to learn piloting from you."

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2021, 09:06:17 pm »

"Captain, Are you sure we should bring this lamb guy? Something about him doesn't sit right with me..."

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Voyage: Space Odyssey [Lab] (5/6)
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2021, 01:28:43 am »

Quote from: Episode 2 Crew
Captain: a1s
Engineer: King Zultan
Rookie: Secretdorf
Ex-Pilot: Mephansteras
Doctor: Luckyowl

New character sign-up deadline ~Midnight PST Friday. Pilot can travel to an available destination to start the mission immediately. Ex-Pilot has the option to accept Rookie as their pupil so they will gain experience. Will increase risk of traveling a bit. (You'll need to let them take the wheel, they already know the stuff, they need experience. You can choose to take the helm back too.)

Quick tweak: Going to make initial takeoff require authorization from the captain.

For returning characters: Send me your alternative pose/expression avatar request. Once the crew manifest is finalized I'll get to work on them.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2021, 02:31:33 am »

A new application has been submitted.

ENFORCER (MonkeyMarkMario)
    Race: HUMAN
    Description: Has a wrinkled face and grey hair. No noticeable unique physical traits.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2021, 12:18:06 pm »

Been a while since I taught anyone how to fly properly, so I'm looking forward to this. I used to do a lot of ore hauling from the belts. This little thing'll fly like a dream compared to one of those chuggers.

I'll let you take the helm, Rookie, but I can take co and give you pointers. And have a ready hand at the controls should things start go bad for any reason.
Come play Mafia with us!

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2021, 09:50:43 pm »

A wrinkled old human with wonder in his eyes walks up to the captain.

"Ancestors! Talking zebras, plants, and other creatures. I guess I will have to get used to this. MonkeyMarkMario reporting for for duty sir. You all can call me Monk if you want. I specialize in keeping the peace. In my previous life I was an Elder that settled disputes between my tribe members. My I join your crew as an enforcer?"
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2021, 09:55:48 pm »

"Oh! Hey, human, what a rare sight. I have never seen one before. Our ship's going full this time. I am ready to learn piloting, meph."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24