Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?  (Read 13435 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Vengeful Mafia 12.5 - WHERE ARE THE COOKIES!?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2021, 08:37:06 pm »

Just joking around. No need to get all analytical on me PHD. Webadict. Live a little. Even if this might be your last day alive.

That aside. I'm town. If this is 5 player. That mean only one of the 4 players might be my ally. But I don't understand how town can win though?  Do the Mafia know who their team is? This is a new and weird set up. I would like an explanation on how this game is runned.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2021, 08:41:21 pm »

Lucky...

Goddamn. I won't lie in that I know you're Town because you never read the opening post, do you? It's laughable how lost you are and yet, you stand in the valley between giants, led by an invisible hand that literally... makes you Lucky.

Your name is so apt that I don't even know what to do.

Alright guys, here's my first move: Luckyowl is Town. Take it or leave it. Do you believe it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2021, 08:45:37 pm »

Hector: is the flagbearer unsure who is the mafia?
I honestly don't think that Luckyowl is self-aware enough to realize that this is a question that a new player wouldn't even realize is a Towntell, nor do I believe that Luckyowl understands why it's a Towntell.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2021, 08:47:36 pm »

I honestly don't think that Luckyowl is self-aware enough to realize that this is a question that a new player wouldn't even realize is a Towntell, nor do I believe that Luckyowl understands why it's a Towntell.

Yup! Don't know howda read mista'.  :D

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2021, 08:48:36 pm »

Spoiler: Responses to People (click to show/hide)

Luckyowl

notquitethere
Toonyman

webadict

I can believe that town Toony would be aggressive enough to try and flinch check me fifteen minutes into D1, no matter how stupid or pointless of an idea that is.  I have more difficulty believing town!webadict, who has played in many games with me and dolores and knows how little I care about early D1 votes, would think the same was a good idea.  He even admitted to considering backing off, but didn't, without actually being called out on it, which is super "guilty conscience".

Personally I'd like to see a thunderdome between web and Toony, I do not believe for a second that two town were stupid enough to risk giving the scum the initiative that soon into the game.

PPE:
That aside. I'm town. If this is 5 player. That mean only one of the 4 players might be my ally. But I don't understand how town can win though?  Do the Mafia know who their team is? This is a new and weird set up. I would like an explanation on how this game is runned.
I... can't tell how serious you're being here.  Did you even read the OP?

Why are you doing this?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2021, 09:01:04 pm »

On the one hand, that makes Luckyowl easy to read, but on the other hand, I am deathly afraid of having to trust you, Luckyowl.

So, Luckyowl, I want you to do something: I want you to analyze everything I say to you. My goal is to convince you I'm Town. Can you agree to trying to figure that out? I realize that you might not understand why that's important, but I understand exactly how critical it is that you believe me starting now, so feel free to ask me anything.

Mafia is easy, just vote who you want.
I mean, it might be working for you.

Except that now the scum would have the perfect position to play you two off against each other, because you'd both been on the wagon and frankly, which is more likely: that there were two scum on the quickhammered wagon or that I somehow got quickhammered before one of the scum was even there?
I believe that if you were Town, you'd be more than capable of vengekilling the person that hammered you swiftly with nothing. Do you not believe that? Or do you somehow believe that my very first vote and post in the game was a calculated scum move to avoid having to... {insert conspiracy here}?

I can believe that town Toony would be aggressive enough to try and flinch check me fifteen minutes into D1, no matter how stupid or pointless of an idea that is.  I have more difficulty believing town!webadict, who has played in many games with me and dolores and knows how little I care about early D1 votes, would think the same was a good idea.  He even admitted to considering backing off, but didn't, without actually being called out on it, which is super "guilty conscience".
This is true. I specifically deleted my unvote because I knew it'd look guilty. I wouldn't want to look guilty. Would you? That'd be silly. I have to look good for Luckyowl.

Personally I'd like to see a thunderdome between web and Toony, I do not believe for a second that two town were stupid enough to risk giving the scum the initiative that soon into the game.
Nah. I found a Townie. It's now a 66% chance that you're scum. So, if it's not you, then it's ToonyMan and NQT. But I can't make that argument without hearing from them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2021, 09:05:45 pm »

Webadict

Scum team is Luckyowl and Webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2021, 09:07:43 pm »

Webadict

Lol. That's a good one. Are you suggesting my defense of Luckyowl is incorrect?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2021, 09:08:55 pm »

And not only are you suggesting that I'm scum, but that Luckyowl is somehow ALSO Mafia because I'm defending them?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:38 pm »

@Webadict:
Should we vengekill whoever hammers us?
[...]
Hammers him right now? If 4mask flips town then more than likely, yes. I think the pressure from L-1 should reveal some interesting factoids about our players here. I don't think putting someone at L-1 is town or scum.
What would you say if I told you that I initially was going to unvote 4maskwolf but deleted that before I posted because I figured that anyone that hammers 4maskwolf would be incredibly suspicious? I had a similar thought, which is why I figured that anyone that hammers without sufficient evidence is bound to be vengekilled. Thus, it feels possible that putting someone at L-1 might be more suspicious, on account of it being safer, no?
How do we lynch scum then? Why would you immediately think of unvoting 4mask? Did you change your mind because I voted them?
Screw it I think you're scum. Die.

@4maskwolf:
@4maskwolf:
Why shouldn't we hammer you?
Because your buddy would get vig'd and you'd get lynched.  Or the other way around, I'm not picky who I kill as long as its scum.
Toonyman: Mind telling us who the "we" you want to hammer me with is?
You tell me. I'll have more to add once everyone posts.
Once the dingbats get here, I will too. In the meantime, you've played with me enough, why did you think flinch-checking me was a good idea?
Sure. If we lynch the flagbearer first then we'll just win. The flagbearer is going to be protected by their mafioso buddy, hence anybody who defends somebody I think is incredibly suspicious.

@NQT:
Toony
The game is pure day game, my posts are all there are to figuring me out. Is hammering inherently scummy in this set up?
No, I don't think hammering is inherently scummy. It depends on how the hammer happens.

@Luckyowl:
...Did Webadict tell you to say that?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2021, 09:18:28 pm »

Spoiler: Responses to People (click to show/hide)

Luckyowl

notquitethere
Toonyman

webadict

PPE:
I... can't tell how serious you're being here.  Did you even read the OP?

Why are you doing this?

So my townies have a smaller player pool to analyze. That's sort of how I want to enter the game most of the time. But you shouldn't always think it's an easy read though. After seeing how effective it seems. I'm probably going to use this same style in my mafia play. But probably tweaked a bit since. The whole newb player can only go so long before I'm just voted out for being unhelpful on day 1. So it's probably going to chill down as I keep playing this.

On the one hand, that makes Luckyowl easy to read, but on the other hand, I am deathly afraid of having to trust you, Luckyowl.

So, Luckyowl, I want you to do something: I want you to analyze everything I say to you. My goal is to convince you I'm Town. Can you agree to trying to figure that out? I realize that you might not understand why that's important, but I understand exactly how critical it is that you believe me starting now, so feel free to ask me anything.

Mafia is easy, just vote who you want.
I mean, it might be working for you.

Except that now the scum would have the perfect position to play you two off against each other, because you'd both been on the wagon and frankly, which is more likely: that there were two scum on the quickhammered wagon or that I somehow got quickhammered before one of the scum was even there?
I believe that if you were Town, you'd be more than capable of vengekilling the person that hammered you swiftly with nothing. Do you not believe that? Or do you somehow believe that my very first vote and post in the game was a calculated scum move to avoid having to... {insert conspiracy here}?

This is true. I specifically deleted my unvote because I knew it'd look guilty. I wouldn't want to look guilty. Would you? That'd be silly. I have to look good for Luckyowl.

Nah. I found a Townie. It's now a 66% chance that you're scum. So, if it's not you, then it's ToonyMan and NQT. But I can't make that argument without hearing from them.

Understandable, easy read is the danger of ones blind pride. But I'm glad I at least got you to believe that I'm 80% town at least. But my starting play refused analyzing.  So I'll blindly believe you are mafia.

Leave two town. All we need to do is vote one of the three players. At this point they are now force to work together and try their hardest to convince you and me to vote our townie brethren.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2021, 09:20:30 pm »

@Webadict:
How do we lynch scum then? Why would you immediately think of unvoting 4mask? Did you change your mind because I voted them?
Screw it I think you're scum. Die.
No, I changed my mind because I didn't want to look scummy. Simple as that. I'd like to say I did call it, though:
Same way it always does. People will think I'm manipulative. But now they might think I'm also being passive. Oh well?
Is me defending a Townie outside my normal behavior? Or do you want to lynch Townies?

@Luckyowl:
...Did Webadict tell you to say that?
Oh man, I wish I told Lucky to say that. I don't think I can carry that Luckyowl charm though. It would feel unnatural if I coached Luckyowl.

But really, what's your opinion of 4maskwolf?

Understandable, easy read is the danger of ones blind pride. But I'm glad I at least got you to believe that I'm 80% town at least. But my starting play refused analyzing.  So I'll blindly believe you are mafia.

Leave two town. All we need to do is vote one of the three players. At this point they are now force to work together and try their hardest to convince you and me to vote our townie brethren.
I literally don't know why you believe me without asking me anything. You are literally terrifying because of how naively you act.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2021, 09:24:27 pm »

I have... opinions, but I need a ruling from the mod first.

hector13: nightless games are weird, but are we allowed to post after hammer?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2021, 09:29:01 pm »

Webadict

Also, if I'm defending Luckyowl, wouldn't that make Luckyowl the Flagbearer? Or was it WIFOM, and I'm the Flagbearer? It seems silly to have deduced that both of us are somehow Mafia when we haven't heard much from notquitethere.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2021, 09:30:09 pm »

Oh wait, have I been hammered?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10