Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (11/-1000)  (Read 6243 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (10/-1000)
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2021, 02:43:43 am »

$$$ pricecheck $$$

an afterlife that eats other afterlives, assimilating their characteristics into its own.

an afterlife that draws in souls and then deposits them into an attached Gate.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2021, 11:40:05 pm »

So is it "tomorrow morning" yet?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2021, 09:09:31 pm »

Updated.

Outer Influence can be used to claim gates yes?

Probably indirectly if you're clever with it.

A Generic Afterlife & reincarnation system?

1I assuming it doesn't do anything more than bribe mortals. OI can bring in viable afterlives as normal.

A large number of Mortal souls (Not living mortals)?

Depends on what you would do with it. Given the context they'd be free as flavor in an afterlife or reincarnation system, if you wanted them to act as a ghostly race to power you through worship they'd be priced as a race, if you wanted to use them to power magic or haunt things to help mortals they'd be priced as a magic system, etc.

Harvesting a large number of mortal souls from beyond a gate?

As above depends on what for, same price as making them (with the less control/more power tradeoff as normal).

Pulling a gate that is already in the world through another gate?

The gates are all connected to different worlds, so you can't go from one gate in this world to another using the gates (unless one of the other worlds has some multiverse nonsense).

Spoiler: An admittedly excessively detailed Afterlife system (click to show/hide)

4II, but you'll need the other Gods to sign off on it if you want their followers to go to your afterlife. Price increase mostly from the fancy special effects on the real world.

Pricecheck: Sentient creatures which communicate by exhaling swarms of small insects which are inhaled by message recipients (of any species) and directly trigger an understanding of the message in the recipients' brains/brain analogues?

5I.

an afterlife that eats other afterlives, assimilating their characteristics into its own.

5II

an afterlife that draws in souls and then deposits them into an attached Gate.

1II, probably only sucks up your own souls unless other God's sign up on it.

So is it "tomorrow morning" yet?

No, my clock still says its today but I got the update up early.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2021, 09:57:10 pm »

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:11:23 am by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2021, 05:11:15 am »

Spoiler: TLDR - Much shorter (click to show/hide)
[$$$Pricechecks$$$]
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2021, 02:00:13 pm »

Pricecheck: Sentient shapeshifters with high natural charisma.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2021, 07:03:19 pm »

‘Qi’ functions as follows- ‘Mortal’ ’Qi’ flows like water, and is thinly spread over most of the world, ‘Immortal’ ‘Qi’ Flows like gas, sitting over 'Mortal' 'Qi' and gathers around mountains and other “tall” natural structures. ‘Divine’ ‘Qi’ is like Plasma, and acts like a star, gathering and refining “lesser” levels of ‘Qi’, only moving when is forced to.

You have an interesting view of how the states of matter work

will find that it can be likened to ‘radiation’ to an extent, with the case that long term exposure to it making one resistant to it, ‘mortal’ ‘Qi’ can be described in effects as ‘sunlight’, being exposed to it is mostly harmless, though one may get “burnt” if they are overexposed suddenly, ‘Immortal’ ‘Qi’ can be described as ‘Nuclear’ radiation, in that it will make the unprepared sicken and die or deform if they are exposed, but it has its uses, while ‘Divine’ ‘Qi’ acts like ‘gamma’ radiation, its devastating, and undeniably harmful, warping anything that even vaguely survives in its surroundings.

And on radiation too.

as a side effect- with each stage it becomes harder to reproduce, but children born to parents of a higher stage will have more “potential” as they have far better genetics.

And also genetics

Weird physics aside, what does it actually do beyond the life extension? Most of the text is how to advance without really saying why someone would want to or what they can do with it. There are some vagueness about getting physically stronger or gaining some (mostly fluff?) ability but it doesn't really tell me what they can actually do. Like alright someone goes through a lot of effort to get a golden core to merge with their body but what does that do?

Pricecheck: Sentient shapeshifters with high natural charisma.

7II- Limited shapeshifting+Charisma boost (Like can only hold for a short time, need criteria before shapeshifting, have some obvious give away)
8II- Cosmetic Shapeshifting +Charisma boost (Can take whatever shape but don't gain special abilities or properties)
9II- Full shifting (Can take whatever shape and act functionally as that shape)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2021, 04:36:01 pm »

Name: gidur
Sphere: The unknown
Primary form/associated symbol: A tall figure completely covered with layers of plain, ragged clothing, face concealed by a dark brownish hood. In one hand it carries a lantern. Its symbol is typically some variation of a lantern.
Description/Background: Gidur showed up one day. From where? That's certainly a question, but one that sort of defeats the point of its sphere of influence. Despite the edgy appearance and portfolio, it just wants to do its own thing, give the occasional Mortal strange magic powers, turn lovestruck couples into beavers, wander through the occasional foggy ruin on stilts wearing a pair of fake horns to spook passing travellers, and claim the odd gate or two so it can see what comes out. It just wants to chill and do stuff. Or maybe it has an agenda. or maybe it doesn't.
OI: 0
II: 10
SI: 10/10
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2021, 08:32:10 pm »

Name: gidur
Sphere: The unknown
Primary form/associated symbol: A tall figure completely covered with layers of plain, ragged clothing, face concealed by a dark brownish hood. In one hand it carries a lantern. Its symbol is typically some variation of a lantern.
Description/Background: Gidur showed up one day. From where? That's certainly a question, but one that sort of defeats the point of its sphere of influence. Despite the edgy appearance and portfolio, it just wants to do its own thing, give the occasional Mortal strange magic powers, turn lovestruck couples into beavers, wander through the occasional foggy ruin on stilts wearing a pair of fake horns to spook passing travellers, and claim the odd gate or two so it can see what comes out. It just wants to chill and do stuff. Or maybe it has an agenda. or maybe it doesn't.
OI: 0
II: 10
SI: 10/10

Looks good, go ahead and start.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2021, 08:48:27 pm »

Pricecheck: Large plants with blood for sap, producing watermelon-like fruits full of blood, all parts edible but psychedelic.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2021, 08:56:49 pm »

Pricecheck: Large plants with blood for sap, producing watermelon-like fruits full of blood, all parts edible but psychedelic.

1I

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2021, 09:38:52 pm »

Spells, Techniques, and Artifacts all use 'Qi' as a source of power, higher 'stages' can store more better 'Qi' in their meridians- this 'Qi' is specifically used to power Spells and techniques, though it could also be used to power artifacts in places with lower 'Qi' then they need to passive or actively function. Being a higher stage also gives a better control over 'Qi' in general, based on the amount and subtype of 'Qi' one has in their meridians. as a reason why someone might want to advance, the general reason of "Living longer" is a decent excuse.

the “Meridian opening” stage lets them start interacting with 'Qi' simply by starting it, and use "techniques" by pushing 'Qi' through specific sets of meridians once one set of 9 nodes has been completed

The “Body forging” stage if completed, gets them to be physically as strong and healthy as the "best" of their species naturally could grow before cultivating, note it does not KEEP them there without them working on that

The “Realm Shaping” stage if completed, prevents their personality from warping too much from exposure to weirder types of 'Qi' and prevents mental illness in the long run

The “Golden core” stage brings one meridian node into physical being, allowing 'Qi' to physically effect that part- slowly attuning their physical to whatever "sphere" they have chosen to cultivate, which allows them to be used as materials of equal 'stage' to themselves for artifacts

The “Soul birth” stage, if completed- makes brain death less of an issue by storing their memories in a "secondary" soul cut off their normal soul, it also lets them "escape" death as a sentient object, though their mind will decay in that case

The “Perfection” stage, if completed, gets their body to a state where it is "perfect"- and can't reduce in quality, suddenly mutate, or be permanently damaged as long as they live. also many biological functions become irrelevant as well- though 'Qi' becomes necessary to live without those functions

The “Path destruction” stage gives them a "spark" of not quite godly power that they can control to mutate their environment, and which converts a majority of 'Qi' to their type

The “World Heart” stage theoretically gives them the ability to "carry" the system with them through the gates- into worlds that don't have it, it also lets them store things in their "private" tiny world

The “Infinite Existence” stage is a scam and a trap, that convinces them that if they travel beyond the gates- they will eventually find a "real" world where they can be a "real" god
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2021, 12:33:29 am »

Spells, Techniques, and Artifacts all use 'Qi' as a source of power, higher 'stages' can store more better 'Qi' in their meridians- this 'Qi' is specifically used to power Spells and techniques, though it could also be used to power artifacts in places with lower 'Qi' then they need to passive or actively function. Being a higher stage also gives a better control over 'Qi' in general, based on the amount and subtype of 'Qi' one has in their meridians. as a reason why someone might want to advance, the general reason of "Living longer" is a decent excuse.

the “Meridian opening” stage lets them start interacting with 'Qi' simply by starting it, and use "techniques" by pushing 'Qi' through specific sets of meridians once one set of 9 nodes has been completed

The “Body forging” stage if completed, gets them to be physically as strong and healthy as the "best" of their species naturally could grow before cultivating, note it does not KEEP them there without them working on that

The “Realm Shaping” stage if completed, prevents their personality from warping too much from exposure to weirder types of 'Qi' and prevents mental illness in the long run

The “Golden core” stage brings one meridian node into physical being, allowing 'Qi' to physically effect that part- slowly attuning their physical to whatever "sphere" they have chosen to cultivate, which allows them to be used as materials of equal 'stage' to themselves for artifacts

The “Soul birth” stage, if completed- makes brain death less of an issue by storing their memories in a "secondary" soul cut off their normal soul, it also lets them "escape" death as a sentient object, though their mind will decay in that case

The “Perfection” stage, if completed, gets their body to a state where it is "perfect"- and can't reduce in quality, suddenly mutate, or be permanently damaged as long as they live. also many biological functions become irrelevant as well- though 'Qi' becomes necessary to live without those functions

The “Path destruction” stage gives them a "spark" of not quite godly power that they can control to mutate their environment, and which converts a majority of 'Qi' to their type

The “World Heart” stage theoretically gives them the ability to "carry" the system with them through the gates- into worlds that don't have it, it also lets them store things in their "private" tiny world

The “Infinite Existence” stage is a scam and a trap, that convinces them that if they travel beyond the gates- they will eventually find a "real" world where they can be a "real" god

11 II

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (11/-1000)
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2021, 07:58:24 pm »

Pricechecks:

An afterlife system which works on pure reincarnation based on random chance, which acts as the default afterlife for any mortals not following a religion with an associated afterlife. And atheists.

A book which gives the reader the ability to fly as long as they have their eyes closed

A stone circle which, when walked in by Mortals, has the potential to either A: Give the Mortal in question the power to recall memories of past lives if they went through reincarnation systems whilst dreaming, occasionally interspersed with visions of me (Gidur) in the hopes of possibly starting cults of me or B: Send the person walking into the stone circle completely and irreversibly insane, having regained all their memories of their past lives at once, completely unfiltered and untranslated, in one big gooey mess of trauma and confusion. Those who go insane will also gain the ability to perfectly read people's emotions. Because why not.

A hyperintelligent badger (Just one)

A gift of magical music/poetry/song/etc. which can be taught to others and turns the poet/singer/etc.'s passion for their music and song and whatever into mild magical spells.

A gift of artistic talent which can be taught allowing the artist to create carvings/paintings/drawings/etc. With magical effects, depending on how much passion and love was poured into the work, from painting on bandages to make wounds heal faster to carving symbols on standing stones which cause fog to cover the area whenever enemies come to attack, to a lock which can only be opened by speaking certain words of activation, up to and including ultra powerful artifacts completed across the lifetime of three artists, each one handing the project down to their apprentice when they died.

A floating upside-down statue of me.

A bottomless pit which will, once for every hundred people who fall in, will spit one of the people who fell back out with the memories of the previous 100 souls to have fallen in, an affect which stacks if they then jump in before they die.

A key which, when used on any door, will allow you to travel to any other door you could ever imagine, which the slight caveat that you lose a year off your lifespan every time you walk through that door.

A lantern which will cause the person who last lit it to never age, until the light is extinguished, after which they will continue to age as normal starting from the age they were at when they lit the lantern.

A self-defending library which can only be accessed by worshippers of me which contains a copy of every book, scroll, stone slab, and engraving ever made, including all the bureaucratic stuff, so good luck finding anything useful.

A mask which makes every word the wearer says turn into a really loud BOO instead of what they originally intended to say.

These are very important questions which are very much worth your time to answer. I promise.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (11/-1000)
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2021, 09:09:51 pm »

An afterlife system which works on pure reincarnation based on random chance, which acts as the default afterlife for any mortals not following a religion with an associated afterlife. And atheists.

1I for reincarnation system
Permission of said mortal's god's to have them taken into the system, or like 12I to steal the souls passively.

A book which gives the reader the ability to fly as long as they have their eyes closed

1I. Probably still 1I if you remove the eye closing part.

A stone circle which, when walked in by Mortals, has the potential to either A: Give the Mortal in question the power to recall memories of past lives if they went through reincarnation systems whilst dreaming, occasionally interspersed with visions of me (Gidur) in the hopes of possibly starting cults of me or B: Send the person walking into the stone circle completely and irreversibly insane, having regained all their memories of their past lives at once, completely unfiltered and untranslated, in one big gooey mess of trauma and confusion. Those who go insane will also gain the ability to perfectly read people's emotions. Because why not.

2I

A hyperintelligent badger (Just one)

1I+ for "Hyperintelligent by badger standards" + Immortality
3I+ for "Hyperintelligent by mortal standards" +Immortality

Add I for more smarter

A gift of magical music/poetry/song/etc. which can be taught to others and turns the poet/singer/etc.'s passion for their music and song and whatever into mild magical spells.

4/5 I depending on how mild. 3 if trivially mild.

A gift of artistic talent which can be taught allowing the artist to create carvings/paintings/drawings/etc. With magical effects, depending on how much passion and love was poured into the work, from painting on bandages to make wounds heal faster to carving symbols on standing stones which cause fog to cover the area whenever enemies come to attack, to a lock which can only be opened by speaking certain words of activation, up to and including ultra powerful artifacts completed across the lifetime of three artists, each one handing the project down to their apprentice when they died.

6II+

A floating upside-down statue of me.

1II

A bottomless pit which will, once for every hundred people who fall in, will spit one of the people who fell back out with the memories of the previous 100 souls to have fallen in, an affect which stacks if they then jump in before they die.

2II

A key which, when used on any door, will allow you to travel to any other door you could ever imagine, which the slight caveat that you lose a year off your lifespan every time you walk through that door.

4II. One wonders how this works with The Lock and The Key.

A lantern which will cause the person who last lit it to never age, until the light is extinguished, after which they will continue to age as normal starting from the age they were at when they lit the lantern.

1II

A self-defending library which can only be accessed by worshippers of me which contains a copy of every book, scroll, stone slab, and engraving ever made, including all the bureaucratic stuff, so good luck finding anything useful.

In-Universe: 5II
In-Multiverse/gate stuff: 8II

A mask which makes every word the wearer says turn into a really loud BOO instead of what they originally intended to say.

1I

These are very important questions which are very much worth your time to answer. I promise.

None of these are questions tho

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8