Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (11/-1000)  (Read 6264 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: A God Game At the Crossroads between Realities (9/-1000)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 02:23:13 am »

What about a rocky planet with a core? A dwarf planet, Pluto-like?

Rocky: 20/40
Dwarf: 15/30

Discounted/not discounted
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 02:26:34 am »

Question, how much would it cost to cause “Virtual Particles” to begin occurring?

What kinds of things can be made with 5 or less Inner Influence?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:10:14 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 03:30:08 am »

Question, how much would it cost to cause “Virtual Particles” to begin occurring?

Presumably created with the result of any matter being made, barring the Gods deciding physics works differently here.

What kinds of things can be made with 5 or less Inner Influence?

Literally anything you can image that I arbitrarily decide is worth 5 or less Inner Influence. You could make a not-especially-special race for 5E.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 04:03:16 am »

Sure, I want to make somewhere to live first, or they’ll be drifting in space with no way of getting energy

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 05:09:52 am »

$$$Pricecheck:

Voidfaring/based blue whale sized, heavily armoured (titanium plating?), laser shooting from mouth mortals who militantly claim gates, which is required in their cycle of reproduction, as they build giant coral-like nests over the gates, their eggs nourished by the outer influence pouring from it, before being able to hatch, while incidentally also sealing the gates beneath/within their nests. They are sustained by their inner compressed soul-core, a sort of nuclear reactor/furnace powered by souls they consume, with a meal of a few dozen souls every century or so to keep it topped up able to keep it going pretty much indefinitely.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 05:21:04 am by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 05:31:56 am »

Sure, I want to make somewhere to live first, or they’ll be drifting in space with no way of getting energy

Planets are generally meant to be a collaborative effort, thus priced outside normal purchasing power for starting Gods. If you want your own personal planet you'll have to either become really powerful, save up for a while, or somehow convince the other Gods to help bankroll it.

$$$Pricecheck:

Voidfaring/based blue whale sized, heavily armoured (titanium plating?), laser shooting from mouth mortals who militantly claim gates, which is required in their cycle of reproduction, as they build giant coral-like nests over the gates, their eggs nourished by the outer influence pouring from it, before being able to hatch, while incidentally also sealing the gates beneath/within their nests. They are sustained by their inner compressed soul-core, a sort of nuclear reactor/furnace powered by souls they consume, with a meal of a few dozen souls every century or so to keep it topped up able to keep it going pretty much indefinitely.

25 assuming they must be in the void and can't adapt to planetary conditions, 15 without the sealing ability.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 05:49:00 am »

Cool thanks!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:50:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2021, 06:50:23 am »

$$$Pricecheck doublepost

Moon-sized key-shaped sun

Ecosystem starterpack with all the old favourites like plants and fungus and animals and shit. Included in the cost of making a world or?

Godkilling weaponry?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:17:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 08:33:39 am »

About Gate claiming, is influence from the others just completely lost or are effects still there? Like if LaK has control and Petra spent Influence there, would the gate have rocks there and the number saved, or is it all completely lost?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 11:24:30 am »

How do contested claims on gates work? Especially if both deities spend an equal amount of influence?

How does using influence to attack another deity translate into actual damage dealt to their self? 1:1 with influence spent? Rolled? Something else?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:31:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:50 am »

$$$Pricecheck
Pulling a Planet through a Gate?
  [With life]?
  [Without life]?
Pulling a General astral body through a gate?
Pulling a Star through a gate?
Pushing a god out through a gate?
Pulling a Magic system through a gate?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:56:29 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2021, 02:16:34 pm »

$$$Price Check
A race of small rock creatures that feed on heat and plasma

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 08:27:28 am »

$$$Pricecheck doublepost

Moon-sized key-shaped sun

Ecosystem starterpack with all the old favourites like plants and fungus and animals and shit. Included in the cost of making a world or?

Godkilling weaponry?

Sun: 5/10
Ecosystem: Included in making a world, local plants and animals around Gates can be specified with their claiming.
Godkillin weaponry: 10 +/- depending on the actual functions of the weapon beyond being able to damage Gods/Invaders.

About Gate claiming, is influence from the others just completely lost or are effects still there? Like if LaK has control and Petra spent Influence there, would the gate have rocks there and the number saved, or is it all completely lost?

Events tend to happen in the order they are posted since that is how I process them when the tick comes up. So if LaK has control and makes something happen it happens. If Petra than takes control then that happens next, and will either add to, rewrite, or do nothing to the surrounding area based on her orders. The number of influence spent would likely be "saved".

How do contested claims on gates work? Especially if both deities spend an equal amount of influence?

How does using influence to attack another deity translate into actual damage dealt to their self? 1:1 with influence spent? Rolled? Something else?

Contested gates work on whatever method works best narrativly in context. The race that is closer, more powerful, and more numerous may take a gate from a weaker, more distant, and poorly equipped enemy even if the second has more Influence backing them.

In the case both Gods use the same method, the one who outdoes the other wins (so 6 v 5 pure Influence spending means 6 wins). In case of ties a random God wins.

Influence to attack a God or other entity depends on context, method used, etc. In the end it would depend on how much Power your action has, how much Power the target has (especially defensively), and if your action is using that Power effectively. Very generally it will tend to be less than 1-1 given that you max out at 10HP and have no limit on gaining/spending either Outer or Inner Influence.

$$$Pricecheck
Pulling a Planet through a Gate?
  [With life]?
  [Without life]?
Pulling a General astral body through a gate?
Pulling a Star through a gate?
Pushing a god out through a gate?
Pulling a Magic system through a gate?

Prices for Outer and Inner influence are generally the same, including the discount in this case. Pulling a planet through the gate would cost as much as building the planet, but using a different resource, having less control, and a Power boost.

Planet: Depends on the planet (20/40 for Earthlike)
Planets are assumed to have basic biomes with the cost of their creation. If you wish to add additional life, it would add the cost of the additional life (so a planet with a race would cost as much as pulling the planet and race separately).

Astro Body: Depends entirely on what you're pulling through and what it does.
Star: 1 for non-influencing constellation
God: The same as making a God with Influence.
Magic System: The same as making a magic system with influence (I'd offer a price but its a bit harder to do given there arn't any "standard" magic systems)

$$$Price Check
A race of small rock creatures that feed on heat and plasma

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 09:13:15 am »

Cool, thanks.

Further questions, When the world is complete, will new gates tend to spawn on it? Will existing gates be relocated to the world? Or will it be completely random whether gates are on the world or in spaaaace.

$$$Pricecheck

A race of terrestial normal mortals, named Nornals, who can interbreed with most other mortals, breeding true to produce pure Nornal offspring. They bear the symbol of the god they current primarily worship on their forehead. Born with an basic knowledge of all currently living gods, such as their names, symbols and sphere. They can smell gates, which smells like a pleasant flower field to them. They will be healthier and live longer if they reside near a gate. They will thus tend to build their cities and town near gates, claiming them for whichever god they worship in the process. They are initially created with an inclination to worship the Lock and Key.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2021, 09:26:24 am »

Cool, thanks.

Further questions, When the world is complete, will new gates tend to spawn on it? Will existing gates be relocated to the world? Or will it be completely random whether gates are on the world or in spaaaace.

$$$Pricecheck

A race of terrestial normal mortals, named Nornals, who can interbreed with most other mortals, breeding true to produce pure Nornal offspring. They bear the symbol of the god they current primarily worship on their forehead. Born with an basic knowledge of all currently living gods, such as their names, symbols and sphere. They can smell gates, which smells like a pleasant flower field to them. They will be healthier and live longer if they reside near a gate. They will thus tend to build their cities and town near gates, claiming them for whichever god they worship in the process. They are initially created with an inclination to worship the Lock and Key.

New gates will generally spawn on the world (otherwise it really limits what living things can do with what comes out, and what living things can come out of it) unless there is enough space presence for them to have a reason to spawn in space. Generally they'll show up where things happen.

Current gates (including the Major Gate) will stay in their current location. If the world builders want to build the world so all the gates are on the world, then the gates will be on the world. If the world designers specifically build the world so all the current gates are in Space, then all the current gates will be in space. If they don't specify than I won't bother to specify.

Nornals: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8