Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Game End- Town Victory  (Read 12664 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Think Twice: Newbie Mafia Day 1-The Heist Is Afoot.
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2021, 04:57:06 pm »

On the other hand, Vengeful has basically ended in the time we've been crying our way through D1. So here's where I am:

I'm willing to soft-assume LO is town Today. I know that Wubba and secretdorf are in the same boat.

All of us three are claiming that we're town, but none of us is sure about Rose. I still think we have a Web/Rose scumteam and am voting Rose today in order to get some data. If we confirm her as town, she gets some experience; if we shoot scum, which I expect we will, it will be all to the good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2021, 06:52:17 pm »

Looking back on it, I, too, agree that Rose is the optimal lynch target. However, Vector, should this lynch uncover a Townie, know that I will immediately call for your lynch, and there will be nothing that convinces me that you and Secretdorf aren't Mafia.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2021, 07:53:57 pm »

I'm willing to hammer home this time. But we should wait until Rose say something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2021, 07:58:20 pm »

I declare the game solved. First we lynch Web then Vector then Rose. This was a bit unfair setup for mafia. Doing it in any order will give the same results. I'm not going to think about it again. There are three townies so I'll be needing their help(one is luckyowl the other is one of other 3) as mafia will try to lynch me otherwise if we carry out this plan successfully, I'm 100% sure it will be a win-win for town. Also its not that I want to lynch ICs.
Webadict[color]

Wait a sec, here's a bandwagoning OMGUS. Bookmarked here for posterity.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2021, 11:21:43 pm »

Hammers are not in effect, so I think we can vote her. However I can very well see what Web and Vector are doing. They're the scum team or Rose is mafioso. But them being scumteam makes more sense as I think I know what their plan is:
Lynch rose D1. She flips townie. They will make a case on me and lynch me. I flip townie and Happy Scumending.
 Rose and Luckyowl if that makes any sense to you lynch Vector[color]. Because he's already making a case.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2021, 11:27:49 pm »

Forgot to put lash in the tag again sorry for that. No I'd say lynch Webadict because just sometime ago he was townreading Rose Now he's voting Rose.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2021, 11:59:36 pm »

Forgot to put lash in the tag again sorry for that. No I'd say lynch Webadict because just sometime ago he was townreading Rose Now he's voting Rose.
But if Rose is Town, then they'll flip, won't they? Why is that a bad thing?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2021, 12:13:41 am »

That is a bad thing because if Rose flips town, you and Vector will try to lynch me. And also I have a good feeling that either you or Vector are godfather. Hmmm... if we are to lynch Rose today we'll lynch you tomorrow, webadict. Because you're more likely to be godfather out of you two because of this:
Looking back on it, I, too, agree that Rose is the optimal lynch target. However, Vector, should this lynch uncover a Townie, know that I will immediately call for your lynch, and there will be nothing that convinces me that you and Secretdorf aren't Mafia.
You are ready to lynch Vector which means either you and Vector are not scumbuddies or You are the Godfather and Vector is a mafioso.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2021, 12:17:46 am »

Since it's the quickest way to end all this, I'll vote Rose. This should happen:

Rose flips townie >>> Lynch Web
Rose flips Mafia >>> Lynch Vector

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2021, 12:20:11 am »

No need to do that, Secretdorf. I did this for Rose's sake.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2021, 12:23:07 am »

Should we vote to shorten this day because Rose seems to have forgotten about this thing?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2021, 01:20:31 am »

Hammers are not in effect, so I think we can vote her. However I can very well see what Web and Vector are doing. They're the scum team or Rose is mafioso. But them being scumteam makes more sense as I think I know what their plan is:
Lynch rose D1. She flips townie. They will make a case on me and lynch me. I flip townie and Happy Scumending.
 Rose and Luckyowl if that makes any sense to you lynch Vector[color]. Because he's already making a case.

I agree, notice how you or I didn't hammer Rose. If we were scum we would've just hammer them leaving us  2 v 2. The sad part is that, we both don't have enough votes to hammer webaddict or Vector. We sort of need Rose...

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2021, 01:22:10 am »

if the votes are tied, then the scum can hammer who they want...I think we're on the losing side this game. Especially when Rose is not talking.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2021, 01:23:12 am »

Since it's the quickest way to end all this, I'll vote Rose. This should happen:

Rose flips townie >>> Lynch Web
Rose flips Mafia >>> Lynch Vector
On the other hand, Vengeful has basically ended in the time we've been crying our way through D1. So here's where I am:

I'm willing to soft-assume LO is town Today. I know that Wubba and secretdorf are in the same boat.

All of us three are claiming that we're town, but none of us is sure about Rose. I still think we have a Web/Rose scumteam and am voting Rose today in order to get some data. If we confirm her as town, she gets some experience; if we shoot scum, which I expect we will, it will be all to the good.

oof never mind.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2021, 01:28:14 am »

What do we do? Should we prod Rose?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11