Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question and a suggestion.  (Read 949 times)

BeefontheBone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick question and a suggestion.
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:47:00 am »

First up, how does one cancel building orders after they're placed but before they're built? I accidentally dropped a bridge in the middle of some road and another bridge that's too short and can't work out how to cancel them.

Secondly, any chance of highlighting things you already have in some way? For instance, marking buidings on the list which you already have in another colour would be useful. It'd also be nice to show the numbers of things like doors, chairs and tables you have available when you go into the building menu to place them.

etter than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick which has been dipped in sulphuric acid and had razor blades inserted into it. Probably.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Quick question and a suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:48:00 pm »

From the t or q menu, go over to the building and press x.  A dwarf will eventually make their way over and cancel the building.

Sure, if I can find space for it (the interface is always cramped), I can do it.  For now, you've got the somewhat unfortunate 'r' screen.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

BeefontheBone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »

The cancel option on the q menu doesn't seem to work for roads, bridges etc - they aren't highlighted by it as buildings. I'm not sure if you can just cancel the job from the jobs list, though. Haven't even pressed t yet as far as I can remember - too busy trying to get enough food together  :)
etter than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick which has been dipped in sulphuric acid and had razor blades inserted into it. Probably.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 02:05:00 pm »

Yeah, there are a number of buildings that don't have a q view, because they don't have associated jobs.  The t -> x combination is the way to go.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Caskman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:31:34 pm »

whoa, this is kinda cool, I just got a warning to post in a different topic
btw, this was the very first topic recorded in this forum section, I thought it'd be weirdly interesting to see what it would be like to bring back the old days of DF...

also, look at the date, 2 years ago! man DF has gone far...kudos Toady
 reject your reality and substitute my own

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 03:37:22 am »

whoa, this is kinda cool, I just got a warning to post in a different topic

Maybe there was a good reason for that warning...
Magma is overrated.