Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AME: On the Growth of Conflict (IC) Cycle 1: New World Order  (Read 1652 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AME: On the Growth of Conflict (IC) Cycle 1: New World Order
« on: December 25, 2020, 11:55:54 am »

... Testing

... Testing.

... Searching local Origin points.

None found.

Performing system check on Cosmic Egg. Egg not found.

The world ended with a bang. The Origin of Time made preparations to return the damaging Worldsharks to zero. The Elements plotted the downfall of the Origins, and the Corruption marched its armies across the Astral and Mortal Planes. In all of this did war occur, 3 Origins Died, and Chaos and Balance were left to uphold it for a critcal moment of transition. It was all a matter of timing, something that in another world may not have happened. Here, it did, and the Original Planes collapsed on themselves, burying everyone below in sudden rocks, as some would call it. However, not all died. I Record the happenings of this Universe, as is my duty.

Scanning local fabric.
The world is in a state of flux, but it can be upheld. While what once existed was buried, there is still room to weave a new story.
Reformatting Astral Plane at the Elemental Level. Synthesizing Secondary Level Astra at the Gate Level. Reforming Tertiary Level Mortalis
Calling for new Anchors. Diluting Origin Essence from Time Trigger.
... Partial Success. Good Enough.

From the very fabric of reality, strings are stretched, taut, and warped to form five Domains to uphold the new world.
In these Domains is an Essence of Origin split to give birth to the new Elementals upholding reality.

First came Bichaxeth, Element of Oaths. A Great Monolith of Black upon which all promises were held. And the first was to Uphold Reality by it's Presence. And so too would the others, but one.

Then came 4277001901, created with the very code of the universe held within, Element of Numbers. Whiling silver spheres in mass, it did agree to Uphold Reality by it's Presence.

From them came X̴̨̩͕͎̭̔̋̓́̀͗͗̉̕x̶̠̱͖̤̳͓͍̻̏̒͌̃̎̌̕̕ͅx̶̢̼̼̠̫͛̿͂͑̍̚x̶̮̆̊͋̚x̵͙́̊̽ḃ̶͇͖͎̰̦̦̹̬̝̿̊̔͘͝å̴̯̬̣̠̦̈́̌̿͛̓̈̒͜͠ḧ̵̨̨̜̗̝̯̩̑͐̓͠ẖ̷̢̯̰̩̗̙̒̈́̽̽̃͐̇́̚q̶̡̡̘͇̑̕͜i̴̙͙̠̤͈̟̩̊̾̋̍s̵̡̱̗̬͓̹̋̇̽͝ͅt̵̢̟̗̳̥̮͍̄̿. They did not agree to uphold Reality by their presence, for they were a mix of the previous two. And it's very Ichor was squeezed from it as the weight of reality began to crush it underfoot.
-1 Ichor. Cannot Act this turn.

Next came The Giver, Element of Prosperity, who graciously saved X̶x̸x̵x̶x̶b̵a̸h̵h̶q̷i̸s̶t̵. However this generosity left imbalance between the two forces.

This alone was not enough, but from the Ichor shed did Water come to be to support The Giver, the purest Element. It flows and changes, never quite the same as before, but quintessential to the balance.
+1 Ichor for this turn only in the use of forming astral bodies.

Taking this in, starting from the left, Record observed and wove the story of the Five Elements.
Not perfect, but it would do to continue the story still, to stop the T̵͈̱̃͒͌̅a̴̛̻͍̟̼̓̓͐͝p̸̰͕͊̽̑͂ë̸̼͈̯̰͑͋̉ş̵̯͔̤͎͌̉́̚t̷̖̓r̶̥̈́̈̿̂ͅỵ̸̄̆͆͌ from ending..

By their actions was the balance between them decided and clear.

OathNumbersChaosProsperityWater
OathCompatibleCompatibleStrongWeakStrong
NumbersCompatibleCompatibleWeakStrongWeak
ChaosWeakStrongCompatibleStrongWeak
ProsperityStrongWeakWeakCompatibleCompatible
WaterWeakStrongStrongCompatibleCompatible

Oath: The Law and Promises made, the Intention to carry them out. Oaths hold sway other the masses, and can hold back Chaos and the control the Waters of life. However, Law and one's Prosperity may come to clash, and Oaths hold little sway to those who promise nothing to the current Order.
Qualities
Law
Promise
Intention
Order

Numbers: The Essence of the universe, the minutiae of Civilization, and the endless Individuals who carry out their will. Numbers represent the very backbone of trades between parties, and allows growth, Prosperity, and decline. However the Chaos of the world and floodWaters may wash away the most careful of Plans.
Quailites
Essence
Civilization
Individuals
Plans

Chaos: The crushing Weight of the unknowable, the endless shifts which cause Disaster to the Numbers of people living their lives. The Dreams lost to thought which lead to the ruin of Prosperity. However, Waters care not for change, adapting, and Oaths restrain Chaos in it's endless Revelry from disruption of the peace.
Qualities
Weight
Disaster
Dreams
Revelry

Prosperity: The gift of Life, the conflicting Growth and endless Greed for yet more which overturns Oath and uses it. Water brings Prosperity, but Chaos may demand a price be paid, and Numbers may collapse the base of the vase. Even in this, Death paves the way for more Prosperity.
Qualities
Life
Growth
Greed
Death

Water: The endless Waters, base of Prosperity. Be it an endless age of Ice or frequent storms of Lightning, Numbers fall under it's sway for it is the vase full of Air. Yet this is a cycle that Chaos cannot disrupt, for Adaptation shall rule and waters change to match. However, Oaths seek to control the flows, and build around it to bind it to their will.
Qualities
Ice
Lightning
Air
Adaptation

It is the first Cycle of the reborn universe. The new elements settle into their Domains and look down on the world, unaware of the one watching and recording all that goes on, or of what he universe is like, but for they are it's rulers.
The Elemental Gods can describe what their Realm looks like as a free action, including Chaos.
Chaos is forced to rest this turn and cannot act.
Due to Chaos' inclusion, pressure Will fall upon the Elemental Gods.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:36:18 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OC

Elemental Gods

« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:36:58 pm by TricMagic »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

An elegantly calligraphed stone tablet is presented to each of the other four elemental gods by a convenient telegraphic coincidence.

My dearest elemental siblings.

I hope that this telegram finds you well. I am well. I find myself with all this power, and uncertain what to spend it on. Suggestions are welcomed.

Respectfully yours, Bichaxeth

The Elemental Gods can describe what their Realm looks like as a free action, including Chaos.
The Realm of Oaths is in a word, "Hell"*. But one of the most lawful and rigorous of hells, with souls being subjected to dozens of trials for their various sins and wrongdoings, and probably hundreds or thousands of potential creative punishments awaiting them. Or reincarnation if they somehow manage to get through the various judgements with no charges.

However, seeing as there is a lack of souls of any sort, the judges, guards, guides, cooks, ferrymen, torturers, and other assorted staff are pretty idle right now, and spend most of their time writing bad poetry or playing cards or go. Of course, as mobile and self-aware scenery, they cannot technically exist outside Hell.

* Tonally and thematically more of oriental/asian variety of hell rather than anything christian or western.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 02:00:11 am by Demonic Spoon »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Realm:

Base particles compound.  Compounds creating sustaining systems of life.  Life progenates yet iterates.  Similar yet better, as inferior is consumed by superior.  Failure is metabolized I to another's success.  Such is the March of Progress.  Such is Prosperity.

"The Arboretum" is the very embodiment of Prosperity.  It's eponymous trees soar into the skies, metabolizing mere light and compounds into a verdant canopy.  Trees that fail and become detritus are consumed by other organisms who symbiotically enrich the majestic trees of the Arboretum.  Amongst the trees, more sophisticated species may someday arise.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Chaos's realm takes the form of an excessive number of hollow crystal spheres, each containing a "world" where one of the innumerable stories written upon its body is acted out, each leading into different stories, time is in disarray, with some spheres having years pass in a moment, while in others moments pass in a year, some even looping and producing paradoxes- currently there are far- FAR more spheres then there are stories, such that chaos is both literally and figuratively buried under the weight of its Element.

"Entity this suggests a world built of paper and wood , with twisting bones of metal and stone - broken and assembled such that it takes the form of thirteen worlds around a central star , the star its own heart and core , each " world " a Möbius strip , stripped of all meaning as where one ends - space ripples and the next world begins ."

Code: (Chaos world / Mobius worlds) [Select]
13 "worlds" rotating an equal distance from a "star", the which is in reality the spatially misplaced core of the world, each "world" has a single "edge" facing away from the "star" along this edge, each world rotates into- and onto- the position of the next world. the world itself is made of wood and paper, with stone and metal supports deep below.
[the world can be visualized as a "13 sided" mobius strip, each "side" visually, and spatially entirely separate from the rest of the strip with exception for where one leads into or from the next.]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:31:26 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Xxxxxbahhqist receives an elegantly calligraphed wood tablet, delivered by a disgruntled hell-demon, who wears a hat saying "Telegraph"

My sibling Chaos

May this telegram find you in good health. I am in good health. Thirteen worlds sounds like too many! It'll be hard to keep track of so many spinning bobs and ends! While I won't stop you from making it, I won't give my power to such an endeavour either. Ideally I'd would request one, or maybe two worlds, since that seems easier overall for me to keep track of, for various recordkeeping purposes and sin punishment.

Informatively yours, Bichaxeth
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:42:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Realm: The Realm of Water is Water. There is nothing else, only endless Water. There is no shore, no sky, no rock or life. Only Water.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:53:43 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

"Here here holder of oaths , this one has other ideas - as that world is boring , dull - and utterly worthless in creativity, if you won't have a single world spread over the space of two hands of moons , then perhaps a world that is in technicality - an ocean of water may work ."

Quote from: World suggestion 3
Name: Motionless Violence
Origin/Element: Depends on creator
Type: World
a world in the form of a singular massive ring of water many miles thick- that "flows" clockwise around Eight massive "pillars" or "spokes" of stone that extend from far below, where the "core" the sea orbits around lies.
Spoiler: Visual example (click to show/hide)

"And indeed , entity this would pay entity you all power currently in its possession for you to do the work of building the world for entity this ."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 02:08:29 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Here here holder of oaths , this one has other ideas - as that world is boring , dull - and utterly worthless in creativity, if you won't have a single world spread over the space of two hands of moons , then perhaps a world that is in technicality - an ocean of water may work ."

Quote from: World suggestion 3
a world in the form of a singular massive ring of water many miles thick- that "flows" clockwise around Eight massive "pillars" or "spokes" of stone that extend from far below, where the "core" the sea orbits around lies.
Spoiler: Visual example (click to show/hide)

"And indeed , entity this would pay entity you all power currently in its possession for you to do the work of building the world for entity this ."

A elegantly calligraphed ice tablet tied to an arrow lands near the chaotic form of Xxxxxbahhqist

My sibling Chaos

We find this suggestion most pleasing, and welcome it. Thus, agreement is struck. Work on the 'Motionless Violence' will commence shortly. What is the origin of that name, incidentally?

Industriously yours, Bichaxeth

Action 1: Create world [2P (Bichaxeth) + 8P (Xxxxxbahhqist)]; Following the blueprint of Xxxxxbahhqist, Bichaxeth writes into existence the world of Motionless Violence, a wheel of water supported by spokes of stone. There is some dirt and things because Bichaxeth has a fondness for it. The core is also being added as the astral body Trothed-Burning-Heart.

Origin/Element: Oaths
Type: World (Tier 4)
Description: A world in the form of a singular massive ring of water many miles thick- that "flows" clockwise around Eight massive "pillars" or "spokes" of stone, with some dirt and ores and such, that extend from far below, where the "core" the sea orbits around lies.

Within each stone spoke is a volcanic core rod, which ensures that the ocean end is, while shaded from Trothed-Burning-Heart, still pleasantly warm, with various geothermal heat sources. Various cave systems lie beneath the surface of the spokes, allowing travel up and down their lengths, perhaps preferably to the harsh treks across their hot and arid desert exteriors.

The inner side of the ocean wheel, closer to Trothed-Burning-Heart, tends mostly towards temperate and tropical, while the outer side is somewhat colder and darker, with many ice floes and icebergs making their appearances as you begin to reach the outermost extreme.

Action 2: Create Astral Body (5 Power + 1 Ichor) Bichaxeth solemnly vows and carves at the mortal world to create a great astral body, the Trothed-Burning-Heart, shining sun, at the core of Motionless Violence. To those without sin, without lies staining their souls and broken oaths dragging at their shadows, the Trothed-Burning-Heart is gentle pink glow at the center of the world which they can look upon.

Name: Trothed-Burning-Heart
Type: Astral Body (Tier 4)
Description: A shining sun at the center of the world-wheel of Motionless Violence, serving as its core around which turns the world. To those without sin, without lies staining their souls and broken oaths dragging at their shadows, the Trothed-Burning-Heart is gentle pink glow at the center of the world which they can stare at directly with no harm, and which merely gently illuminates, warms and nurtures.

However, as you commit more sins, such as lies and broken oaths, the sun grows into darker colours, yet brighter and harsher, through pink into red before descending into dread black-purple. Sunburn becomes an ever greater danger the deeper you fall into depravity, and the damage to your eyes from sunlight ever greater, as the Oathsun seems to grows in dread heat and luminous intensity. Thus it is that the sinful often hide in caves and shadowed places.

Oaths sworn under the direct light of Trothed-Burning-Heart will grant appropriate gifts, such as those sworn to vigil finding their perception heightened and decreased need to sleep. However, those that break oaths sworn under sunlight will find themselves cursed. Blindness, muteness, deafness or infertility are some example curses.

Action 3: Rest and Recuperate

1/8 Power
4/5 Ichor
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:44:54 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Mud
Description: A giant sphere of mud, swamps, dirt, sand, rocks, metals, hotsprings, some glaciers and various other bits and bobs that make up a functioning world, including an atmosphere. It's pretty boring, and only has as few seas and no oceans. Promises and oaths spoken upon Mud will be recorded onto nearby rocks and stones. Written contracts and agreements are harder to destroy or lose, appearing nearby if misplaced.[/s]
13 "worlds" rotating an equal distance from a "star", the which is in reality the spatially misplaced core of the world, each "world" has a single "edge" facing away from the "star" along this edge, each world rotates into- and onto- the position of the next world. the world itself is made of wood and paper, with stone and metal supports deep below.
[the world can be visualized as a "13 sided" mobius strip, each "side" visually, and spatially entirely separate from the rest of the strip with exception for where one leads into or from the next.]

Wetness evaporating like wombs dried on fire, support from flowing thing that is of wetness shall not be acquiesced, or given, or surrendered

Where are seas, many seas, much oceans, lakes and springs

Less earth, more water more I

Shape reverence nil, suggestions hospitable in mine abode if wetness is increased and waters given flow.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Mud
Description: A giant sphere of mud, swamps, dirt, sand, rocks, metals, hotsprings, some glaciers and various other bits and bobs that make up a functioning world, including an atmosphere. It's pretty boring, and only has as few seas and no oceans. Promises and oaths spoken upon Mud will be recorded onto nearby rocks and stones. Written contracts and agreements are harder to destroy or lose, appearing nearby if misplaced.[/s]

Wetness evaporating like wombs dried on fire, support from flowing thing that is of wetness shall not be acquiesced, or given, or surrendered

Where are seas, many seas, much oceans, lakes and springs

Less earth, more water more I

Shape reverence nil, suggestions hospitable in mine abode if wetness is increased and waters given flow.
A bamboo message tube flows along a stream to be delivered to Water. The stream is named Telegraph.

My sibling Water

May this telegram find you watery. I am of good functioning. I find the current world in construction to be of sufficient wetness, considering it is mostly water. If you disagree, you are welcome to suggest concrete alterations of the proposed blueprint to increase your personal satisfaction, or to directly alter the world through the expenditure of power.

Respectfully yours, Bichaxeth
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:16:36 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox

1n 8361nn1n6, 4277001901 533 w0r7d.
4nd w0r7d f0rm 8u1 0.
50 4277001901 cr3413 4277001901 533d5 4nd 3xp053 533d5 10 X̷̡̹̱̳͔̜͎̳̹̯͈͖̲̥̟͌͋̍̊̏̈́͒͛͐͋́̀̐̾͘̚x̶͉͈̿͒͂̕x̷̨̡̛̭͓̝̮̝̱͔̭̥͙͉̳͓̗͂̎̆́̽͆͊̓͊͂͐̆͘x̸̠͛̿̒́̀̋̑͒͌̀̔͐͆́͆x̸̢̢̛̰̞̭͉̦̫̖̗̤͕̜̫͎̆͑̊̌͆̍̾̀̀͊͗͂̿̑̂͠ͅ8̶͚̮̳̝̜̯̙͎͛̈́̔͊͋͛̔̾̂͘͝͝4̵̨̹̖̥̦̒͑̓̆̔̈́̑4̷̨͈̰͇̳͈̤̱̯͇̐͌̅̏̏͛͋̑̕͘͝͠4̵̢̡͈̗͈̞̰͙̲̲̼͐̿̔̂̀̉̚͘͝ͅ9̶͖͇̥͇͇̲̙̰͚͚̒̾̂̚1̵̛̭̘̻̥̗̟̮̯̤͇̼̣͙̍̎̍̽̂͒͌̈́̈́̐ͅ5̴̛̦̱̌̃̓̑͆̎̇̔̃͗̕͜͝1̴̛̠̙͖̳̪̳͇͍͇̜̳̥̄̍͗̈͋̔͒̏͆̐͘̚̚͜͜.
4nd m051 533d5 83c0m3 p74n15.
4nd m4ny 533d5 83c0m3 fun6u5. 3v3ry0n3 f0r631 fun6u5.
4nd f3w 533d5 83c0m3 4n1m475.
4nd 4277001901 5c4113r 533d5 0n M0110n7355 V1073nc3.
4nd 4277001901 437p.
4nd 4277001901 44ppy.

Action 1: Create many animal, plant, and fungus species on Motionless Violence, but make sure the total number of individuals is 4277001901. (-5 Power) 83451135 100 puny f0r 4277001901!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:55:35 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action 1
Name: Black Smoker Vents
Element: Prosperity
Type: Locations
Description: The cold lightless abyssal depths are a tragedy.  Deprived of thermal energy and photosynthesis, life cannot Prosper.  Such a waste of space.  Fissures shall be cut down to the volcanic innards of the world.  Life sustaining heat and minerals will spew from these "Black Smoker Vents."

Action 2
Name: Coral Reef Ecosystems
Element: Prosperity
Type: Creatures (Many Species)
Description: Miniscule, with proper ambition and industry, can be mighty.  Coral symbiotes harvest seaborne minerals, creating massive multi-colored undersea reefs.  Different species create different geometries: most are tree-like but other varieties of fractal are common.  Sets of species are adapted to Prosper in their native biome: most in well-lighted shallows, some in deeper seas, and abyssal species sustained by black smoker vents.
Amidst these Prospering organic superstructures, a tremendous biodiversity finds shelter.  Apex predators of sharks, cetaceans, and octopi feast upon abundant fish, crustaceans, and mollusks.  These lesser creatures thrive upon sea grass, algae, and other detritus anchored by the reef superstructure.

Rest
(7 of 8 power spent)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:40:32 pm by ConscriptFive »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Water dances and rains and sprouts and fulfills its being.

Greater Law (7  Power) - Greater Law of Being

Code: [Select]
Name: Greater Law of Being
Class: Greater Law
Target: World
Effects: All life is converted into water elementals which while composed of water, act as described in their descriptions

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:56:42 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2