Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20420 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2021, 10:40:28 am »

Hooch - Landship Halls

Hooch didn't smile as she walked over Headbanger. "Headbanger, look, I don't know what your issue with Aquarius is, but let me make something clear." Hooch placed her hand firmly on Headbanger's shoulder, her grip surprisingly strong for a woman of her age. Not a gesture of comfort, but a warning. "If you start picking fights with him, or any of the other people here-" Hooch's grip tightened just enough to be painful "-you'll have me to answer to." Her free hand clenched into a fist.

Then Hooch let go and took a few steps back. "So. What's your problem with him?"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:54:14 am by AzyWng »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2021, 12:19:10 pm »

Headbanger - Landship Halls

The Feline looked back at the bartender steadily, the smile not leaving her face even as her shoulder was squeezed down on. If anything, it only increased the intensity of the expression; it would not have been out of place on a predator eyeing its next victim. The grin remained for a moment even after Hooch stepped back. The smile reached her eyes, but not in a way that anyone would have found comforting - until she allowed herself to fall into a more natural one, the tension fading from her body despite her posture not changing.

She thought for a moment, pursing her lips as if to "hmm" at the question (though she remained silent.) After careful deliberation, she looked back at Hooch, and gave the woman a resounding shrug.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2021, 01:39:28 pm »

Hooch - Landship Halls

Hooch simply remained silent. It was hardly the first time that she'd tried to pressure someone only for them to respond in kind. When it became clear that Headbanger wasn't going to elaborate, Hooch simply observed, "If you're not going to tell me, I'm going to have to get an answer from him, and I suspect he's not going to put you in the most flattering light. If you tell me your side of the story, I can at least better understand why things between the two of you are the way they are."

This was the kind of thing she disliked. People stonewalling her about issues that could be a problem for everyone. If not least because hostility could be contagious. She just hoped Aquarius wouldn't be similarly reticent on the issue...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2021, 02:05:17 pm »

Casimir - Training Room

Velimir sighs, not sitting up to respond this time, partly just out of laziness, partly to avoid showing his frown at the other man's apparently warped view of Kazimierzian knights. Thinking for a moment on how to best approach it, Velimir lets his legs stretch out and then finally speaks. "Yeah. My dad left Sarkaz with me when I was still to small to hold a sword, probably for the best given how it is there.... And Kazimierz is a nice place if you ignore all the problems. Lived in a small village near the mountains, hell, I didn't use a Lungmen Dollar until I was practically an adult! But, yes I suppose that Nearl makes for some good PR. But that's about it, most knights don't give a shit about the small folk. Every year, the local knights would drop by and take half of everything we made for their "protection", didn't matter if we needed it for winter or that it would leave us in poverty.... Anyway, my point is, maybe you should look into something else to emulate."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2021, 02:27:12 pm »

The girl gave an exaggerated sigh before retrieving her tablet from a pocket. Her fingers flitted over the screen, her mouth twitching slightly as she typed. <We're friends. Or something. It's a long story.> Headbanger shrugged again. <Don't worry too much about it. He's just an angry fish man who can't take a joke.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2021, 02:37:43 pm »

Remiel - Training Room
Remiel frowns. This wasn't exactly unknown to him, in his travels, but it was a little humbling to see a Kazmierz man explain himself.

"I am aware that most knights do not live up to the standard, my friend. With age comes some perspective. That young Nearl lady, she truly is what a knight should be, and if I should ever meet her, I would forever be honored to have merely set foot in the same room as her. Perhaps one day, I can help the word 'knight' mean something good again, something worth emulating. After all, there are many monsters in the world, and the rightful, nay, the ONLY place for a true knight is between the innocent and the monsters."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2021, 02:51:52 pm »

Hooch - Landship Halls

'Friends or something.' As far as explanations went, it was better than nothing, but still close to it. Hooch nodded, though - that was probably the closest she could get for now without forcing the issue. "I'll try. But my warning still stands. We've got enough problems as it is without your 'friendship' compounding them." Hooch wasn't entirely sure what she would do if things between the two did worsen, but she supposed she'd have to talk to Aquarius before she decided on a plan of action. Get his side of the story and issue a similar warning. In the mean time, however, while she was still here with Headbanger...

"Anyway, how've you been holding up these past few days? Anything I can do to help before we get our choice of contracts?" Hooch didn't let the previous tensions get to her. It wouldn't do to let hostility beget more hostility, after all.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2021, 03:06:32 pm »

Casimir - Training Room

The Sarkaz grunted, though it was less of a dismissive sound than one of acknowledgement. "A noble goal sir, though I fear you'd put that drive to better use worrying less about things like "knightlyness" and more about protecting the innocent."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2021, 03:14:34 pm »

<Good as ever. There's food, shelter, and a place to plug my music player in, so I don't need much else.> She thought over the question for a moment longer, electing to let the woman's warning slide. For now, anyway. She hadn't gotten this far by letting people browbeat her. Or literally beat, as the case may be. <Actually, one of the medical staff has been kind of annoying and won't listen to me when I tell him off. I know he understands me, too, especially since I used some pretty universal language. The others keep complaining about their glassware, so if you're down there, could you tell Dr. Namor to quit whining at me?>
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2021, 03:43:49 pm »

Hooch - Landship Halls

"All right. I'll make sure to talk to them soon." Hooch still had some other things to take care of - for one, the mess of glass still in the training area - but Headbanger's request reminded Hooch that it was good to check in on the rest of the staff, too. With a simple wave, she turned away and began to head back towards the storage room to pick up the cleaning supplies and get the mess in the training area cleaned up. Assuming another hadn't been made during the time she was gone...

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2021, 06:43:08 pm »

Kagura- Landship Halls

"I don't think you've met them yet, but they go by 'Aquarius'. You'll know who he is when you see them though, kinda has the look of a shark, and is probably going to bare his teeth at you at first sight. He's like that" Kagura stated with a shrug. She wasn't too bothered with his method of greeting people, she found it funny, but she knew that all first encounters were rather tense with Aquarius. Hopefully she wouldn't have to mediate his interactions 24/7 though...
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2021, 11:17:02 pm »

The Feline flashed a thumbs up at the woman and headed off. . . in the same direction. It made for a slightly awkward moment, and Headbanger was up for a small amount of petty revenge, so she placed one hand on a sword. As soon as her fingers wrapped around the handle, the infiltrator was off running - and leaving a loud, unpleasant, but ultimately not strictly harmful wave of pressure in her wake as she boosted herself to the storeroom.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2021, 11:59:24 pm »

Hooch - Landship Halls

Hooch just shook her head and started running towards the storeroom in response, wondering if Tyrant was still there and what her first impressions of Headbanger would be. She'd felt her old instincts warn her when the Feline put her hand to her sword - she was pretty sure Tyrant's response to a similar prank would be pretty bad.

Well, whatever their interaction would be, it might take Hooch a while before she got there. She'd just hope that Headbanger got along well with Tyrant.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2021, 12:20:39 am »

Headbanger - Storeroom

Another, more subdued report announced Headbanger's arrival to the storage. She frowned at nothing for a moment, trying to recall what exactly she'd been doing. Only after a faint "ah" that was more facial expression than actual sound did she turn to acknowledge the other individual in the room, flashing a smile and a wave in Tyrant's direction.
GM of Trespassers V2.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2021, 09:58:34 pm »

Tyrant- Storeroom

Tyrant watched the feline as she entered the storeroom after all if something got broke she would be the one who would have to clean it up or fix. When the girl waved at her she gave them a nod before speaking "You looking for something?" she gestured to the boxes spread about "I've been moving things around to make room for my bike. So if you need help finding something just ask."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32