Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20405 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2020, 03:37:48 pm »

I'll 5th Cutting Edge Solutions.
since it was my suggestion

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2020, 04:33:38 pm »

Honestly, I'm partial to Cutting Edge Solutions, but I'm ultimately not good at names in general. So any is fine with me.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2020, 07:57:13 pm »

Quote from: Current Vote Total
Horizon Office: 4
Cutting Edge Solutions: 5
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2020, 03:50:07 pm »

Declaring for Cutting Edge. Anticipate an intro soon.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2020, 10:09:26 pm »

8 AM, Monday, April 14th - Weather: Fair - Temperature: 11 Celsius
Location: Outskirts of New Exeter, Columbia - Cutting Edge Solutions Landship

It's a bright morning in the middle of spring and the ship is now officially yours. The representative from Kjerag set off back to report to SilverAsh about an hour ago, and from your other communications, the other people you called together should be arriving here soon. The ship itself is... functional, and you don't think it's going to just blow up from normal operations. . . . maybe you don't try to cut it close with any Catastrophes to be safe, though.

You don't have to be anywhere immediately; the city is close enough to visit and be back by nightfall, and Karlan has promised to get you another messenger with contracts within the week. For now, you have some time to continue putting your personal touch on the ship, inspect your gear for the tenth time, or just try to stay in shape.

Spoiler: Ship Facilities List (click to show/hide)
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2020, 10:45:07 pm »

Kagura

The last few weeks had been... Rather eventful, for better or for worse, and Kagura wasn't entirely used to going through so much in such a short time span. But, here she was, now working for a newly made company in the wake of a Catastrophe, and with a full Landship under their command. Or what was left of one, Kagura was surprised that it still worked. But regardless, a Landship wasn't something a lot of people had the chance to walk upon in their lifetimes, and Kagura, ever the creator, had a full ship to design and accessorize.

And so she simply wandered through the ship's halls, observing every nook and cranny of the place as she mapped out the layout, crafting up potential paintings and decor that she could put into the place. It may be a hunk of junk right now, they didn't have to live in a completely droll and lifeless environment... Even if they had just started out.

Truly, the work of an artist never ended.
OOC
IC

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2020, 11:26:16 pm »

Fox

Fox had few belongings, and what little she had was already stuffed under a bunk in one of the dorms, an adventure that had already involved accidentally smacking her head on the bunks twice. "It's going to be habit. . ." She murmured, with a depressing degree of confidence.

She had already seen the landship previously, when they'd initially toured it prior to the official acquisition, but her impressions had been weak. She'd been largely trying to keep silent and stationary in front of the Kjerag representative. No need to ruin such a nice deal, much less get fired so soon from yet another job. As a result, she'd unable to pay attention to specifics. However, now, she could run, and take in the whole massive structure!

Even so, little stood out. It would do alright, but it its size seemed to be the main source of awe. Though, that room she was approaching—Oh, slow down for the doorway!—no roof? The open air above, this could definitely work as a garden! Ask permission? The thought did not cross her mind, but had it, it's likely she would have ignored it. A garden could always be removed at a later time. So Fox whipped around, and sprinted out of the room, charging down the hall back to. . . back to where? She didn't have any seeds or fertilizer or trowels in her possession. This would be a problem. She slowed to a jog, lost in some very simple thoughts, uncertain what she wanted, and where to go to get it. This fact that might or might not allow the extremely fluffy Vulpo in front of her to dodge out of the way before a collision.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 12:25:54 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2021, 12:14:56 am »

Headbanger - Landship Halls

A presence stalked the Vulpo, one silent as death itself when it wanted to be and capable of stealing the breath from its victims with a thought. It slipped through the halls, moving in stealth and quiet, a single red eye marking its prey. Closer and closer it drew, its intent suffusing the air, until it finally pounced, flinging itself through the air at Kagura's back. . . and thumping into her tail with a happy-sounding noise, hugging the immense mass of fluff to itself.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2021, 12:22:32 am »

Hooch - Training Area

Fifteen meters. Hop over the rubble. Two targets left - one blue, one red. Toss the right bottles to the right colors. Move, move, move, hit the bell - finished!

Hooch looked down at her watch. 4:13, with her last lap being 3:58. This had been Hooch's eight go of the course she'd set up, and already she was starting to tire. Ah well. It'd been a long time since Hooch had done anything as strenuous as this. Enough training would take the rust right off. And she'd need to be ready - as one of the team's medics, learning to move fast and deliver things effectively was going to be critical. Idly, Hooch wondered if she should ask someone to make some kind of device to make the targets shoot back to simulate the experience of being under fire...

She shook off the idea. Perhaps she was still fast enough to sprint, but she was nowhere near fast enough to dodge bullets, even during her younger years. Besides, such a setup might scare away her colleagues - and that'd be the last thing she wanted.

As she rested and drank some water, Hooch wondered what kinds of contracts they'd receive. Hooch wasn't exactly going to turn down a milk run - keeping the coffers full was one of the most important parts of a business - but she wanted a chance to prove that Cutting Edge Solutions was made of movers and shakers. The kind of people you trust to take on the toughest jobs and succeed. The kind of people who can be told what's really going on...

It hadn't been the first time she'd seen people close to her die... but that didn't make losing them any easier. Especially not when she knew that something was wrong the whole time. The city should have seen it coming. It should have been moving days - no, weeks ago. Instead, it had remained stone still, even as its residents were clinging to or hiding beneath whatever they could find.

When it had happened... all she could think of was herself.

And she didn't blame herself for that. Stopping to help would probably have meant two deaths instead of one. But the time for selfishness was over. Now Hooch had to do her damnedest to get justice for the people who'd died in that Catastrophe.

She shook her head to clear it. Wouldn't do to think on the matter too long, or her thoughts would turn to those of despair and self-pity. Hooch found a towel and did her best to wipe off the sweat she'd worked up as she left the training center. She started heading over to that one room with the open roof. A little fresh air couldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:29:40 am by AzyWng »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2021, 12:24:34 am »

Kagura- Landship Halls

Though attentive to the finer details of what she was inspecting, Kagura was a bit too absorbed in her thoughts, not even registering Fox's existence until the later was almost right on top of her. However, just before the two collided with each other, something caused Kagura to freeze in her tracts, glancing behind her as her white tail shifted without her consent, "Well, it looks like this morning has people in a good mood. Some of us taking in the sights, and some of us trying to get things without permission" Kagura stated, nodding in Fox's direction as she put her hands on her hips, glancing behind her as she waved her tail ever slightly, making sure that the Feline clutching onto her tail knew who she was talking to.
OOC
IC

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2021, 12:33:28 am »

Fox-Landship Halls

"—AH" Fox squealed, as she barely missed the collision, only due to the Vulpo's sudden movement. Who. . .the fox girl. The real one, Kagura, with the white hair, and the big case. Getting things without permission. . . seeds? For the garden? She was found out!

"I. . .I'm sorry. You—Do you have seeds?" Getting caught would not stop Fox, she had a goal here! Even if it seemed like the real fox was hinting that she'd sell her out, there was a chance that she had gardening supplies. This, in fewer words, was Fox's impression of the matter.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2021, 12:39:12 am »

Headbanger - Landship Halls

The cat in question slid back off of the pile of fluff she'd thrown herself onto, looking not at all abashed at being called out. Indeed, beneath the mess of short, dark blue hair peeking out from beneath a hat, she wore nothing but a broad grin. She made sure Kagura was looking in her direction before raising her hands. [It's been a while since I got to do that, okay?] The girl giggled as she finished signing her response. [I need to make up for lost time.] She leaned sideways, peering curiously towards the sound she'd heard from around the wall of fur. Upon sighting Fox - she thought that was the other Feline's codename, anyway - she gave a jaunty wave and renewed her smile.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 12:52:26 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2021, 04:58:27 am »

Casimir - Training room
The tall Sarkaz hadn't had much to do since his arrival. He'd already taken the liberty of checking over the schematics for the ship's wiring and checked the main rooms he considered important, so it ended up that he was rather bored at this point. Having checked the kitchen for possible snacks, and to his utter non-surprise finding none, Velimir decided to just wander the ship until he found a point of interest. Eventually, the sounds of physical exertion called the tall demon to a helpfully labeled training room; though he doubted how much use it was at this point given the obvious connection between the price and the status of the landship. Walking in and discarding his coat near the door, Casimir gave a nod to the initial reason he'd arrived, Hooch. He had of course seen the Liberi before, they both were founding members of the group, but in all the confusion of the catastrophe, it wasn't like he'd gotten much chance to talk to her.... And he wasn't super keen on changing that either, after all, it's not like Sarkaz mercenaries had the best reputation to begin with, and he wasn't much for conversation anyway. So he only greeted her with a polite nod before beginning to do some stretches to warm up.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2021, 11:33:26 am »

Hooch - Training Room

Hooch hadn't done much speaking to the Sarkaz, sure - but that was only because she'd been busy getting everything set up, and circumstances had meant the two hadn't shared all that many words together. So, naturally, she'd be the one to try to break the ice.

"Hey, Casimir! Been quite the past few days, huh?" Perhaps that was an understatement, but no need to harp on what had happened any more than need be. "How've things been for you?"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 11:36:15 am by AzyWng »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2021, 11:56:47 am »

Casimir - Training Room
The tall sarkaz man nodded, continuing to stretch as he considered his reply. "Mmm, usually I'm not around when a catastrophe happens so I suppose you could say that.... And my name is Velimir, feel free to use it when we aren't on a mission."
Velimir lets out a groan as he stretches his back before continuing. "Ah, but other than that I've not had much to do. Checked out the wiring and it's in good enough shape, hopefully we can get some construction work done in the near future so that the older stuff outside the rooms we use doesn't become a fire hazard.... But besides that it's not like I've had any paper work to do or anything so I've just been wandering until I found this room."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32