Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20375 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #450 on: March 29, 2021, 09:32:28 pm »

Headbanger - Barracks

She stepped hesitantly through the doorway - or as hesitantly as Headbanger did anything, which was not particularly - before leaning against the wall immediately next to it. <My tails?> That eyebrow rose again, the fluffy bits in question swishing playfully. <Would you believe me if I told you that my tail split after I bought a weird bowl of noodles from some Archosauria from Yen?>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 31, 2021, 09:42:10 am »

Spook - Barracks

Spook actually sits up a little after figuring out what Headbanger was saying, pushing himself up a bit as he looks over in surprised interest at her. He eyes her tails as if he's never seen them before.
<Really? I thought it was just a... thing, like my paws. I just sorta have these, apparently it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.> He holds up one of his arms as he mentions his paws, letting the aforementioned appendage hang limply so it's clear what he's referring to, before he flops back down on the floor, a bright look in his eye as he continues 'talking'.

<What's the story behind those noodles? Is that something they were advertised as doing or was it a total coincidence? Does it having anything to do with your eyes?>
His own tail finally gets some life back into it as it swishes across the floor behind him, hinting at his genuine interest in this odd tale... heh.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2021, 05:28:23 pm »

Kagura

At Blitzgott's little story, Kagura smiled ever so slightly, her tail waving in amusement, "Oh, I know the feeling. Haven't gotten around to talking to most of the folk coming aboard since this morning. Sometimes more important things catch our attention. Like sleep."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #453 on: March 31, 2021, 09:53:14 pm »

Headbanger - Barracks

<No, the eyes were an unrelated incident involving eclairs and high explosives. This old lizard didn't say much about the noodles, only that they were a family recipe known for-> Headbanger cut off abruptly, clapping a hand to her mouth as she snorted. It took a few muffled giggles for her to recover enough to put her hands to use once more. <I'm sorry, I can't keep that going. That's bullshit.> She looked up thoughtfully for a moment. <Well, I did buy some noodles from that lady, but they mostly just gave me stomach cramps. Tasted really good at the time.> Headbanger shook her head. <Yeah, no, I was born like this, far as I know.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 01, 2021, 01:00:16 am »

Hooch - Hallways

The bartender raised her hands in a placating gesture. "Again, again, sorry to disturb you, but believe me, I'm doing you a favor by taking you to the barracks. Come on, you can lean on me if need be." Hooch moved towards Kagura, offering a supporting shoulder, in case she really was about to fall asleep. "So, any problems so far? Besides rude assholes like me. I can't help you with that!" Hooch laughed a little at her own joke.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 01, 2021, 11:55:44 am »

Spook - Barracks

Spook starts to frown at Headbanger's explanation of her eyes, and then looks extremely disappointed as he realizes that the two toned feline is just messing with him. He crosses his arms together and looks at her with a grumpy pout, squinting at her in a disgruntled manner.

<Screw you! I thought you were serious, it's hard to tell when I don't have a tone of voice to judge from, and you're always smiling anyways so I can't tell by looking at your expression. I thought there might've been some sort of family genetic thing going on with your tails, that's why I asked!>

Spook continues to look angry, and when he realizes he can't stop her from still laughing at him, he looks angrier still, his tail fluffing out as he tries to glare her into silence.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #456 on: April 01, 2021, 03:55:52 pm »

Headbanger - Barracks

<You act like I know.> Her smile turned lopsided in a manner that didn't give a playful impression. <It's not like it's my choice you don't have a fucking tone to listen to.> She stood up from her lean. <If you're going to be like that, then I wouldn't tell you the actual story even if I did know it.> With an irritable swish of her tails, she turned to stalk out of the room. Headbanger paused briefly just outside the door, giving Spook a chance to speak before she brushed him off entirely.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 01, 2021, 05:39:41 pm »

Spook - Barracks

Spook blushes deeply as he realizes he's put the proverbial foot in it, although rather like his not realizing her story was a load of nonsense, he hadn't had any particularly deep malice when he'd told her off. He'd been embarrassed by his naive assumption that what she had said was true, and unfairly vented his frustration on her.

He takes a deep breath before he says anything else stupid, and meekly begins to mumble at her, signing along as he speaks slowly, but hoping the tone would be easier to catch if he spoke audibly.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean to piss you off, I was angry with myself, not you. Please don't go, I don't want to be sat here on my own trying to sleep on the floor for the next 6 hours, and I really am interested in talking with you."

Having dug this particular grave for himself, he does his best to dig his way out. It took forever to get Headbanger to speak casually with him, and he doesn't want to have ruined it all with one poorly planned outburst.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #458 on: April 01, 2021, 10:37:38 pm »

Headbanger - Barracks

The twin-tailed Feline took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. She was overreacting, she knew she was. That'll get you killed, Headbanger, it really will. You can't let people know what your buttons are. The infiltrator turned to face Spook after several moments. <That's a little pathetic.> She shook her head. <Like I said, I don't know the story.> She leaned against the doorframe. <Mom looked normal, and she never said anything about my father. I think she had dark eyes, so your guess is as good as mine where the rest came from.> Good thing I don't have to guess. That was information she planned to keep close to her chest, at the very least.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 02, 2021, 09:16:27 am »

Spook - Barracks

Spook winces a little at Headbanger's first comment, but pushes past it, listening to what she has to say. He feels a bit more like an asshole when he realizes she genuinely doesn't know in any case, and doesn't seem to want to talk about her past either.

<Ah. My family has had this> and here he gestures at his paws <in every generation as far as I know.>

He sighs, trying to think of a conversation topic that he can continue on without pissing off Headbanger anymore than he already has. He just doesn't want to be left alone.

<...any questions for me? I've got nothing but time.>

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #460 on: April 02, 2021, 04:16:57 pm »

Headbanger - Barracks

The infiltrator shrugged. She wasn't usually one to grill people about their pasts; it was a natural consequence of her being reserved about her own. <I don't know. What do you do for fun around here? Pull the sticks out of people's asses?> Headbanger rolled her eyes as she recalled the other people she'd interacted with. <Hooch, at least, seems to need a professional proctologist, and that Tyrant or whatever could use the same thing.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 02, 2021, 05:45:10 pm »

Spook - Barracks

Spook just sort of stares at Headbanger for a second after he translates her hand signs, before coughing into his paw. He then proceeds to be overcome by a fit of mostly silent giggling, trying not to laugh because of the lesions on and in his throat.

After he’s managed to stop giggling long enough to make understandable hand signs, he finally answers HB.
<Sorry, I was just imagining telling Hooch that in my professional medical opinion she needs surgery to remove the stick you mentioned. I try not to let people get too full of themselves, but it’s hard when I’m 5’4” and look like I’m made of cardboard. As for fun, usually I read. Don’t need to talk to do that, and it’s a good way to escape from whatever my problems are.>

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #462 on: April 02, 2021, 09:05:33 pm »

Headbanger - Barracks

Headbanger gave a small giggle of her own when Spook explained himself. <I'm tiny, but I can be pretty scary when I want to be. If you ever need some assistance with your practice, you can always ask me.> The corner of her mouth quirked up further than normal. <Of course, my rates aren't cheap. . . but this one I might do for charity.> She elected not to comment on the part about Spook's size; she'd rather not discuss the fact that she still struggled to carry him here at the moment. Also stupid. You don't actually know these people, and it's not good to advertise that you're easy to pin down. <I mostly screw with people and listen to music. Usually not at the same time.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 03, 2021, 11:44:28 am »

Spook - Barracks

By this point Spook feels well enough to stand up. Doing so, he wobbles over to his pantry, and grabs a sleeve of crackers; nothing too fancy, just saltines, but it's something to eat. Scarfing down a few, he flops into a chair next to the wall and turns to face the door. <I'll take you up on that offer of training sometime, but maybe we could start with ACTUAL training rather than an outright sparring match, and work until I've actually got some idea of how to fight effectively.> Despite the fact that she's the only one on the ship smaller than him, Headbanger could still kick his ass, and it'll be a while before he actually wants to fight her properly again.

He brightens up a little when the other feline mentions music, and points to an niche in the wall, where a record player has been tucked away. It looks as though it's been through a hurricane; it was a display piece at Hooch's bar that Blas managed to recover from Cristofo. There's a stack of record sleeves below it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #464 on: April 04, 2021, 09:30:11 am »

Headbanger - Barracks

<Nice, vinyl. I'm usually into some more modern stuff. Might blow your ears off if you're not used to it.> Headbanger headed over to the wall and crouched, carefully leafing through a couple records before twisting to face Spook for proper communication. <AUS and stuff like that, but also way heavier things. I'll have to send some of it to you sometime, unless you want me to blare it at you now.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32