Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20418 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2021, 06:45:53 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir raises an eyebrow, looking somewhat surprised before nodding to himself. "Right, you missed the whole catastrophe thing. Cutting Edge was founded after a Catastrophe hit Christofo. Hooch, I imagine you've met her, lovely woman, kind of lead the efforts to get the survivors out and convinced people to join up. Gave it a sort of justice based, humanitarian bent which is probably why Ramiel chose to join...." Casimir rubs his chin in thought for a second before a smirk splits his face. "Why do you ask; thinking of asking to be his squire? I can tell you're just wild about teaming up with him."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2021, 11:06:18 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<I'd rather chew my tail off.> Headbanger made an exaggerated face of disgust. <I'm not going to associate with a walking nightlight any more than the job requires.> She shook her head as if physically dislodging her expression and the corresponding thought. <Kagura told me about why you guys got together, though. I didn't get the details, but there's a reason I showed up. And it's not just because I owe Kagura. Catastrophes aren't something anyone should have to deal with.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2021, 11:26:03 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir's grin widened at the reaction before he nodded in agreement with Headbanger's statement. "Yeah. To tell the truth I was pretty worried for a bit there but I'm glad we got as many people out as we did.... Anyway, what's your specialty? Well, besides scaring the shit out of unsuspecting mercenaries. You don't look like much of a strong arm but I've been wrong about that before." Velimir looks the feline woman over, at first just to see if he could get any hints as to what her specialty was, but then also because he realized he hadn't given her a proper look over due to the circumstances of the meeting, trying to memorize what she looked like to avoid any mistakes on the battlefield.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2021, 11:45:01 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<I'm really quiet.> She flashed her teeth at Velimir, having a silent laugh at her own joke. <Infiltration, covert surveillance, silent disposal. And my name isn't just because of the music I listen to.> She tapped a hand on the pair of swords at her side, creating a deeper fwoom behind the sarkaz's head that created enough wind to be felt. <Ever seen someone cut an explosion in half?>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2021, 11:52:05 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir seems to seriously consider the question for a few moments before shaking his head. "Can't say I have, usually explosions I've been around I had a hand in and was several meters away. It does sound very impressive though." He finishes with a nod and an impressed grin.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2021, 07:17:22 am »

Headbanger - Halls

Headbanger's smile turned to a lopsided, smug grin. <Maybe I'll get a chance to demonstrate, then. Someone's bound to try to blow us up eventually, right?> Judging by her expression, she was almost hopeful for this eventuality. <Or maybe someone will take a wrong step and I'll be the one blowing people up.> Something shifted in her expression, an edge rising behind her seemingly-friendly eyes. <I noticed you looking me over, by the way. I'm not as fragile as I look. Just so you know.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2021, 10:15:48 am »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir noticed the edge in her eyes, his smile dropping slightly as he makes a mental note that Headbanger is sensitive about this topic. Makes sense, she likely would experience such sentiments fairly often due to her stature, and especially in this line of work it would make sense if people underestimated her. Velimir drums his fingers on his arm for a second before smiling in a more gentle manner. "I'm sure, like I said, looks can be deceiving and I don't plan to make that mistake again. Hell, I think one of the toughest son of a bitch I ever ran with was only a bit bigger than you.... But I was actually trying to memorize your appearance. Wouldn't do to have an accident on the field because I didn't identify you fast enough right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2021, 10:36:26 am »

Headbanger - Halls

<Right.> Her expression lost some tension, though it was replaced by a conspicuous glance downward at the floor. <That would make sense.> She wasn't insecure about her size in the slightest - her Arts more than made up for her lack of bulk in most scenarios. <Most people don't have a hard time recognizing me, though.> She swished her tails about to illustrate her point. <It's actually pretty inconvenient, I don't blend into crowds at all. I'll probably try to avoid talking to clients, in case there's someone I, uh, know.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2021, 10:45:19 am »

Casimir - Halls
The Sarkaz nods, his eyes flicking over the twin tails before going back to Headbanger's face. "That's fair. Maybe they'll make me join meetings to look more official. Nothing shouts professional mercenaries like a big Sarkaz right."
Velimir laughs lightly as he flexes some, though his laugh is a bit dry.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2021, 10:53:07 am »

Stasi - Halls
A slight clanking sound could be heard as Stasi slowly wanders the halls in the vague direction of the locker room. The black knight making sure to note down every single twist and turn they took this time to try and figure out a path that wouldn't take them down the same way next time
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:41:07 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2021, 11:58:21 am »

Espresso - Armory

"Well, I'm going to go try and practice with this a bit. I probably shouldn't wave it around in here after all." she said, before turning and heading out, going towards the Training Hall.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2021, 12:24:28 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<Something like that.> Headbanger shrugged. It was just the way of things. <Anyway, were you on your way somewhere? Now that I've said hello and all, no need to keep you. Plus I dunno if the glowstick is going to stick his nose in.>
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2021, 02:46:57 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Velimir shrugged, pushing himself off the wall and back to his feet. "No no, it's fine. I was just wandering around anyway since I finished my morning work out and working on my weapon. Maybe I'll go to the dorms to relax.... Well, whatever I do think the conversation has been enjoyable so feel free to come along."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2021, 03:00:18 pm »

Headbanger - Halls

<Long as you don't get a headache from reading on the move or something.> Much as she'd rather be able to walk and talk freely, it wasn't exactly the easiest thing for her with the way she was. The tablet was an immense aid, and a few people knowing sign language even moreso, but it wasn't entirely a substitute for her lost voice. Maybe someday this won't be the way of things. <You seem like you know a bit more about this business than the others, am I guessing that right?>
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2021, 03:16:09 pm »

Casimir - Halls
Casimir nods. Having to use this tablet was annoying, he would have to look at finding a book on sign language at some point in the future. Maybe if he was lucky he'd be able to get it after their first job. He thinks on the question presented for a moment before shrugging. "Yes and no. My parents were mercs, and my dad told me plenty about his time in Kazdel. Mom... Wasn't around. Maybe she's dead, knowing my luck she's still kicking around though..." Casimir grumbles under his breath before continuing on. "But until recently I wasn't well acquainted with combat I'll admit. Stories and training can't substitute for real battlefield experience, you know? But I was in Ursus before moving out this way, helping some "paramilitary" group before I left them. You know, felt like they lost their way and I just couldn't support that." The amount of barely restrained anger in his voice says that there's more to the story, but it's up to Headbanger if she wants to probe deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32