Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 20421 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2021, 11:36:59 pm »

Espresso - Armory

"Weapons I'm familiar with... not really honestly? I hadn't done too much fighting before meeting Casimir, and then after that I did a lot of fighting but it was mostly with this bit of rebar I found - that's not helpful sorry, uh, so no not really? So someting that doesn't take a ton of training to use right would probably be good I think, since I don't have much."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 09:33:10 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2021, 09:03:05 am »

Fox breathed a sigh of relief. Nothing bad had happened. No one injured, nothing too badly broken, and it looked like she still had the job. Curiosity about one of the rabbit's statements caused her to inquire, "Do you fight with a flag?" How did that work?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2021, 09:43:37 am »

Espresso - Armory

Myrna thought about it for a moment. "...Kinda, yeah? I mostly tied the cloth around it so I could keep track of it if I put it down and used the pointy end for fighting, but it was surprisingly helpful on it's own too actually."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2021, 11:23:47 am »

Casimir - Armory
Casimir nods, going over to a rack and grabbing a weapon, which he seems to judge for a few moments, looking back to Myrna before nodding. He starts to go back before seeming to think about something else, before he goes to a separate rack and grabs a relatively small metal disk and bringing it with him to the rest of the group. He presents the two objects, the first a spear about Espresso's size, and the disk which has a loop on one side. "A spear and a buckler. Buckler isn't as important but it may help anyone gets in close."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2021, 11:36:15 am »

Hooch - Armory

"How was the flag useful? If you like, we could try to add something similar to the spear..." Hooch briefly recalled some films she'd watched about the armies of old, standard-bearers acting as the symbol of an army's might...

Maybe Espresso could be that for Cutting Edge Solutions. It was worth considering, at least.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2021, 11:46:25 am »

Espresso - Armory

"Well, I guess a spear fits! Point, stab, repeat doesn't seem that hard!" Espresso said cheerfully, taking the spear. She found herself untying the cloth from the rebar and trying to figure out where on the spear to put it...

"Hm? Oh, it helped keep the group together in the chaos. If you're in a fight it's kinda nice to have a big sign of where your friends are, right, so when I thought we needed to get back together I stopped stabbing and started waving it around. It was kinda fun to do actually but that's probably a secondary benefit."
Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2021, 12:10:03 pm »

Casimir - Armory
Velimir nods. "Well, technically I suppose so, but morale is still a benefit on a battlefield... Or at least that's how this one person I knew justified having engravings on their weapons. He was a twat though, so he might have just been making shit up." The demon shrugs, though he does look somewhat amused at the memory.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2021, 05:12:06 pm »

Hooch - Armory

"Well, unlike engravings, you'll actually be able to see a battle standard from more than half a meter away. The battle standard could also help mark where one's allies were so they don't get out of position..." Hooch nodded. "Yes, I think that'll work out. Granted, that means using it as a weapon is perhaps less viable - harder to see a flag if someone's fighting with it, and it risks getting damaged - but I still think a battle standard will be useful to have.

At any rate, it'll still be better than something that confers no tactical advantage whatsoever."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2021, 05:43:39 pm »

Espresso - Armory

Right. Battle standard. Sure. Espresso wrapped the cloth from the stick of rebar around the spear, near but not quite at the pointed head. "I mean, I think it'll work fine, it has been until now. Not too different from waving a team flag!"
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2021, 12:07:04 pm »

Perhaps what they were saying made sense, perhaps it didn't, Fox was having a hard time judging. However, there was one thing that she was curious enough about to ask. "Do we want our team flag to be a table cloth?" They probably had a reason, but she could not fathom it.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2021, 12:13:42 pm »

Casimir - Armory
Velimir snorted at Fox's question, most out of the realization that they should probably get something better than him finding it inherently funny. "Yeah... you have a point. But we don't really have a symbol for our organization, let alone a flag. Maybe that can be one of the first things we work on?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2021, 12:22:47 pm »

Espresso - Armory

"I mean, do we have a flag yet?" Espresso asked. "We should figure that out. Or maybe just use our bosses' flag? Although maybe that's not how that works."
Sigtext!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2021, 12:27:57 pm »

Hooch - Armory

"W-well... We're not exactly flush with resources at the moment. And I don't think we even have a flag proper - not yet, at any rate. So I think the tablecloth will have to do for the time being." Hooch looked around for any evidence that they did have a flag after all... It wouldn't necessarily be the best image, but it'd be something. "As for Karlan's flag... I'm not sure how they'd feel about us using their flag in battle. From what I understand, part of our value comes from the fact that we're a deniable asset. Broadcasting our affiliation goes against that advantage."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2021, 12:34:34 pm »

Remiel - Armory
"I heard explosions, friends! What happened?"
Remiel insinuates himself into the conversation, the faint noises of Alive Until Sunset's latest album playing from his headphones.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2021, 12:50:22 pm »

Kagura- Landship Halls

With only a flick of her ears to tell that she heard the bang from deeper inside the ship, Kagura gives Remiel a wave as he departs, giving him a few moments to do so before she turned she Headbanger, "For the record, yes, he's part of the crew. We met a bit a bit before I got caught up in a Catastrophe, though... I didn't mention him because I forgot about how much you dislike people like him" she explained, before simply shrugging, "Sorry about that. I'm sure you and Aqua can warm up to the crew, they're pretty good folk from what I know."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32