Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [Registration Thread 7/6]  (Read 2390 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [Registration Thread 7/6]
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2020, 03:50:40 am »

Come to think of it, I didn't get a response to you in regards to how powers granted by Symbiosis will actually work.

Didn't you mention that it will either be chosen by you, random or i will have to chose it according to the situation?
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2020, 12:36:56 pm »

Those were multiple different ideas.

It could be Option 1 where I choose
Option 2 where it is random
Option 3 where you decide
Or a combination of different ones based on the situation.

You never told me which option you decided would work best with the game.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2020, 12:44:57 pm »

A question about the maps.
Some characters (PCs, the blonde elf) are 2x2, while others are 1x1. Are we 4 times bigger than the rest of the population, or are we on a specific tile of our image?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2020, 01:02:59 pm »

More likely we're bigger than life compared to the faceless mooks.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2020, 08:46:45 pm »

Those were multiple different ideas.

It could be Option 1 where I choose
Option 2 where it is random
Option 3 where you decide
Or a combination of different ones based on the situation.

You never told me which option you decided would work best with the game.

You can come up with any abilities to your liking on your own. If it's not specified what kind of ability it is, then i'll just generate one from this List randomly

A question about the maps.
Some characters (PCs, the blonde elf) are 2x2, while others are 1x1. Are we 4 times bigger than the rest of the population, or are we on a specific tile of our image?

More likely we're bigger than life compared to the faceless mooks.

This, but metaphorically. Just to highlight the important character for now.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2021, 02:55:02 am »

updated

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2021, 02:34:03 am »

If allowed

Character Sheet:
Name: Quibble
Character description:
Sex: N/A
Location: A realm filled with colored matter, almost all of it in a tripoint state
Race: Amalgem
Amalgems are born in the triplestate realm when a soul gets stuck to one or more matter pieces, eventually ending up in some other realm when they happen across a portal. A result is that every amalgem is unique. Quibble is a case where two souls attached to a bear trap, whose chain eventually connected to a spring. Graspers were found too, sort of, cords with broken outlets which work like a two fingered hand. Quibble talks via a voice box attached near where the chain attaches to the trap
Equipment: no equipment yet
Abilities:
Lunge: Jumps towards and bites the target
Electrify: Reaches for and electrifies the target, has a chance of stunning them
Latch: After lunging, Quibble can sink its teeth deeper into the target, attaching itself to it and causing bleeding
Cord Hug: Wraps arms around the target, if not strangling them, holding them in place
Outlet Slap:When close to target, swings hands at the target
Charge: Rubs hands together to generate electrify and thus power for the following moves, Screech and Mini Bolt. The more turns Charge is used before those attacks, the more powerful the attack is. Charges reset after Mini Bolt or Screech are used, or when any other attack is used, or when Quibble is hit
Screech: A loud, high pitched screech is emitted from the voice box, can do some damage, has a chance of causing confusion or flinching, doesn’t have any effect on targets without hearing
Mini Bolt: A medium range electrical attack that does damage and may cause paralysis
Charge Self: When hands are charged, electrify self, doing electric damage but also causing Lunge and Latch to cause electrical damage/paralysis. If Latch is paired with Charge Self, the electrifying will cauterize wounds, so bleeding wouldn’t occur, but paralysis still might. Charge Self effect only lasts for one turn regardless of if Lunge/Latch are used
(There might be more, or is this too much?)
Position: Front Line

By spring, think like Slinkys
Also here’s a very bad drawing of the idea, the color of the voice box and slinky can be whatever colors you like
Also assume the bear trap can open and close properly, I lined up the teeth wrong in the drawing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:03:30 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:09 pm »

If allowed

Character Sheet:
Name: Quibble
Character description:
Sex: N/A
Location: A realm filled with colored matter, almost all of it in a tripoint state
Race: Amalgem
Amalgems are born in the triplestate realm when a soul gets stuck to one or more matter pieces, eventually ending up in some other realm when they happen across a portal. A result is that every amalgem is unique. Quibble is a case where two souls attached to a bear trap, whose chain eventually connected to a spring. Graspers were found too, sort of, cords with broken outlets which work like a two fingered hand. Quibble talks via a voice box attached near where the chain attaches to the trap
Equipment: no equipment yet
Abilities:
Lunge: Jumps towards and bites the target
Electrify: Reaches for and electrifies the target, has a chance of stunning them
Latch: After lunging, Quibble can sink its teeth deeper into the target, attaching itself to it and causing bleeding
Cord Hug: Wraps arms around the target, if not strangling them, holding them in place
Outlet Slap:When close to target, swings hands at the target
Charge: Rubs hands together to generate electrify and thus power for the following moves, Screech and Mini Bolt. The more turns Charge is used before those attacks, the more powerful the attack is. Charges reset after Mini Bolt or Screech are used, or when any other attack is used, or when Quibble is hit
Screech: A loud, high pitched screech is emitted from the voice box, can do some damage, has a chance of causing confusion or flinching, doesn’t have any effect on targets without hearing
Mini Bolt: A medium range electrical attack that does damage and may cause paralysis
Charge Self: When hands are charged, electrify self, doing electric damage but also causing Lunge and Latch to cause electrical damage/paralysis. If Latch is paired with Charge Self, the electrifying will cauterize wounds, so bleeding wouldn’t occur, but paralysis still might. Charge Self effect only lasts for one turn regardless of if Lunge/Latch are used
(There might be more, or is this too much?)
Position: Front Line

By spring, think like Slinkys
Also here’s a very bad drawing of the idea, the color of the voice box and slinky can be whatever colors you like
Also assume the bear trap can open and close properly, I lined up the teeth wrong in the drawing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sure, i don't mind with the abilities ( i think that's enough ) though the formatting is a bit messy that it's gonna take me some time to put it into the sheet. I'll add you your char to the game once current quest is over.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2021, 08:41:33 pm »

Ok, I hope it’s not too hard to draw

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2021, 06:21:37 pm »

Should I be explaining the established Symbiosis abilities or is that something the GM will do in an update post when it is confirmed if the skill succeeded or not?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2021, 02:01:46 am »

Sorry for no update but i've been extremely busy with uni and doing a small time work recently. I'm not sure how to make the update easier but doing so will put more stress to me more. I don't know when i can update it or if you guys are even fine with really mundane and boring update without the sheet. But i can't really continue doing the update at this state.

Sorry everyone
Pages: 1 2 [3]