Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [Registration Thread 7/6]  (Read 2393 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vanguard Heroes [Registration Thread 7/6]
« on: December 20, 2020, 11:12:35 am »

Finals is over, time for RPG again

VANGUARD HEROES

Story: Eternia is a place with rich amount source of power. Adam bestowed it to us to build this world with care and prosper in mind. Unfortunately the people who use the immense powers lies within them tend to grew corrupt. The dynamic that creates the apex system that prey upon the weak created a world governed by predators who only use others for their benefits. There are multiple factions and cult that divided mankind towards the path of destruction. Thankfully, A hero put a stop to that and unite all the world leaders to reach peace and brighter future. However, those who still cling on to the ideals of might and superiority still glooms in the darkness and separate themselves than the other. These factions and cult still try to revive the old ways of might and superiority believing that power and might is not something to be used to defend the weak but to conquer and reach beyond mankind.

Soon, the world leader created The Vanguard Initiative. While the Hero is still active in duty to protect the innocents from the evil that lurks in the shadow. The Vanguard Initiative serve to be the front line against the dark invaders that tries to bring chaos upon this land and put a stop to them at once by bringing justice towards their front door. The duty is waiting and we hope to receive from the best of you.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Character description: [age, sex, location, race, orc? elf? basically describe who and what your character is in this section]
Equipment: [What you use on the battlefield]
Abilities: [What you can do on the battlefield]
Position: [ Where you'd like to position your character during combat automatically. Example: Front liner / Long range / Back line / Mid range / Stealth ]

(IMPORTANT! The setting is not strict so the use of any fire arms / science fiction technology / magic is allowed. Though if there's anything overpowered listed in the stats, i would nerf/adjust it so it doesn't go overboard at the start)

*Note:
The game doesn't use dice or any RNG and relies heavily on character stats, narrative planning, strategy and most importantly, teamwork to calculate every outcome. Also, no god modding.

Looking to play with 6-8 Players. Thank you for taking the time to read and or participating.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 02:46:43 am by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [Registration Thread 0/6]
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:25:17 pm »

Name: Paladin Gax Underwood
Character description: Male Dwarf, in a suit of plate armor up to their neck. Head has a WW-1 style bucket helmet instead, with a blond braided viking style beard. Eyes are green with a long scar across his nose. Short and stout, as one would expect from the average member of his race.
Equipment: "Elisabeth", an axe-rifle. A semi-automatic rifle with a wooden stock and battle axe blades to the right and left of the barrel.
Abilities: Weaponspeak: The Dwarven Art of Modular Enchantment. Essentially this allows him to give a single bonus to his weapon by talking to it, which can then be swapped out for another bonus by talking to it again.
As an example, "We really need tha next shot ta land!" would cause the barrel to glow green and give a bonus to accuracy as the axe-rifle attempts to help him hit the target.
If he than said "This baddie's got some serious armor! Punch through 'er Elizabeth!" the barrel's green glow would be replaced by a red one and the bullets would have armor-piercing enchantment.
Weaponspeak must be something the weapon is capable of. It will attempt to try its best at doing something it is incapable of. For example if he asked to become invisible, the rifle would add a silencer enchantment but you could still see both him and his weapon. In general he is capable of enchanting a weapon's physical attributes, changing damage type (including adding elemental damage), making it obey simple commands (such as returning to his hands after throwing it), and enhancing skills as the weapon tries to be cooperative. It works with any weapon, but it must be a weapon that Gax is currently wielding. Granting a bonus than handing the weapon off to someone else removes the bonus.
Position: Front Liner
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 05:36:15 pm »

Name: Portalis Argus Alluvia
Character description: Male Drow Elf, slim with silver hair, purplish eyes, and sharp elven features. Skin tone is a desaturated steel blue, a bit lighter than most Drows. Average height for his race (which is pretty tall). Wears light armor and has a dark purple cape. Before the world became united with peace, Portalis was an opportunistic power-seeker and rogue who reveled in the chaos. Now with the Vanguard Initiative rising to power, it seems that joining them may be an easier option to obtain power and world domination than fighting against them, even if he has to help a few less fortunate souls along the way.
Equipment: Dual Elven Curve Blades, one enchanted with acid and the other with anti-magic. Also carries a variety of elemental daggers in his belt, and one hidden in his boots. The cape is just for show, but doesn't really get in the way during combat.
Abilities:
- Super speed and reflexes: Portalis is extremely hard to hit
- Advanced Shadow Magic:
   - Shadow Blast (like a fireball, but dark magic)
   - Invisibility (turns invisible for a duration)
   - Blink (teleports a short distance away from his current location)
   - Lesser Domination (spell that can influence the minds of others to a lesser extent)
   - Shadow Image (project an illusionary image of himself somewhere, the image must be in or near the shadows)
   - Dark Bliss (send a wave of leeching darkness around himself, draining nearby enemies of their life force and healing him)
   - Fatal Grasp (grab a target, dealing immense damage and paralyzing pain. using this spell will weaken Portalis for a duration afterwards)
Position: Prefers stealth or front line, situational mid range

((Hope this isn't too overpowered))
((edit: added a spell))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 05:49:37 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 03:16:40 am »

Bump

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 07:22:14 am »

Name: Dr. Burt Goldstine
Character description: Male Human, an older caucasian of average height with a mustache and balding brown hair, wears a lab coat over a dress shirt with vest and tie, on his head he wears a pair of spectacles and an old Prussian piclehuble with a gilded eagle on it.
Equipment: Coach Gun, Mauser C96, rifle bayonet, Doctors bag containing things you would expect to be chaired by a military doctor in the 1890s.
Abilities:
 Field medic has the knowledge and ability to patch up any minor injury that can be gained on the battle field.
 Field surgeon has the knowledge and ability to fix major injuries, ranging from amputation to repairing internal damage.
Position: Medical Support / Close Range
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 08:51:54 am »

Name: Mathel Hammerstone
Character description: A male dwarf, wearing a brigandine and a corinthian helmet. His armor and clothes are dark brown. [age, sex, location, race, orc? elf? basically describe who and what your character is in this section]
Equipment: Hammer, sling and shield
Abilities:
-Geomancy
  -Shape Stone (A section of stone (up to 1m3, which can't extend farther than 1m from Mathel), changes shape, touch based)
  -Rapid Forge (Can use geomancy to change shape of a metal object (but not its material or volume). This object must be carried by Mathel.)
  -Liquify (Changes the consitency and density of natural terrain under a target to that of water for a split-second, likely causing them to get stuck.)
  -Stone Skin (Improves target resistance to mechanical damage, touch based)
-Smithing, leatherworking
Position: Support
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 07:45:04 pm »

Thank you everyone for registering and for your patience. We only need 2 more players then we can start our role playing game! Once everyone's registered, i'll draw the portrait based on your character description for your character piece for the game.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 07:51:25 pm »

Just to clarify, the character sheet template implies that I can play as a location. Is this correct?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 08:03:16 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Arte
Character description: A random girl kid pulled from somewhere else with amnesia, she's actually from the future. Strangely her features always seem featureless, but she is always wearing a purple tophat with yellow ribbon, and a cloak the same purple.
Equipment:
Ancient Artifact(A pendant with a many sided shape. One can see numbers and images on it's faces, but never the same one.)
Ever-there cloak(Purple Cloak that hang off the shoulders, it's always there)
Strange Kid's Hat(A tophat with yellow ribbon encircling it.)
? ? ?(Clothes well suited to adventuring across the land, collecting every bit of lost time, if not memory.)
Abilities:
Summon Random Magical Beast- Summons a "Pokemon" randomly, under your control. It can use any Moves it learns naturally, and has all it's Abilities. Some Pokemon may not listen to your commands.
Summon Random Gear-Summons a random piece of gear with random qualities, based upon something called a "3d6"?
Cast Random Spell-Grab a random spell from some FF-class series? Can hold the spell and cast as needed.
Divine RNG-Reroll one of your three abilities' result using the Ancient Artifact.
Position: [ Where you'd like to position your character during combat automatically. Variable depending, usually backline.]

(I shall be random and not a Tim this time.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:07:49 pm by TricMagic »

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 08:05:43 pm »

Just to clarify, the character sheet template implies that I can play as a location. Is this correct?

You mean as a still object or living props?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 08:09:49 pm »

Character description: [age, sex, location, race, orc? elf? basically describe who and what your character is in this section]

Its implied that locations are under the scope of what a character can be here.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 08:16:22 pm »

Its implied that locations are under the scope of what a character can be here.

That's a character description to elaborate the details of your character, explaining what age/gender/race/location from.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2020, 08:26:19 pm »

One more thing I want to confirm before attempting to create a character. Would you be willing to inform me prior to the game start if something about my character needs to be nerfed or adjusted? I recall it being a nasty surprise when it happened in the last game of yours that I played so I really want to know about this kind of thing in advance this time.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 08:34:09 pm »

One more thing I want to confirm before attempting to create a character. Would you be willing to inform me prior to the game start if something about my character needs to be nerfed or adjusted? I recall it being a nasty surprise when it happened in the last game of yours that I played so I really want to know about this kind of thing in advance this time.

Sure, would you like me to PM you or just explain it here?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 09:11:53 pm »

I'll let you decide on the manner in which you want to say it, assuming that you even need to.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3