Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [OOC] [Recruitment] Partisans 1960s: A Pokemon Tabletop United Campaign  (Read 898 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Katakivu Region is a land of plenty, with long stretches of fertile soil, and vast natural reserves of precious metal and oil lurking beneath the surface. It is almost natural to think of it as the future seat of power for an empire, one that could stand the test of time, and bring the surrounding nations underneath the yoke of its rulership. Unfortunately for the good people of the Katakivu Region, that’s what everyone else thought when they heard of it.

The year is 1964, and the cold spectre of war looms over the horizon once more. The people of Katakivu, seeking to free themselves from the yoke of Kalosian colonial rule after centuries of oppression, had successfully vied for their own independence a mere four years ago, and things...have not been going well since. Disappointed at the seeming lack of social change, and with centuries of racial tension still simmering beneath the surface. The newfound Democratic Region of Katakivu soon found itself facing off against large parts of its own military, and before long, its own people in a seemingly never ending civil war. A war fostered by two distant superpowers, each eager to pull the war torn region under their influence once the dust settles, and the former colonialist government, still eager to shatter the newly formed republic, and take back control over the nominally independent region.

It is a time of great danger, and great uncertainty, but to men and women like you? It is also a time of great profit. Because after all, a war that has gone on for as long as this always needs more able bodied soldiers to throw into the conflict, and when you don’t have the time to train your own countrymen up, there are always ah, certain other groups willing to lend a hand, and ‘volunteer’ to come to your cause’s aid, for the right price. It just so happens that they’ve found your’s as well.

And that is how you, and many foreign men and women have found yourselves inside of this war. Not as part of some other nation’s attempt at military aid, or part of some fancy UN peacekeeper force, but as mercenary adventurers, banding together under the command of Wiley Pete, and his merry gang of Partisans. Who are here to help prop the failing region up for just long enough to line their pockets, and leave before it all crumbles into dust, unless you know, they somehow manage to keep everything stable for another couple of years. Who knows, stranger things have happened after all.

-----------------------
And before you ask, no this isn't a weird Only War Game. The system we're actually using is Pokemon Tabletop United 1.05, which is a fairly fun and easyish to use system for playing as Pokemon Trainers who sometimes whip out a gun to shoot the man or mon charging right at you. Which is pretty much the entire reason why I'm using PTU instead of literally any other setting/system.

I am currently looking for five players for this game, which I think should be just about the right amount of players for anything expected to be at all live. I'd prefer four but that just makes things awkward when someone can't make it.

I fully intend this game to be a session based one running off of either maptools or roll20 depending on which is easier to set up. Although keep in mind that I’m in a +7 Region, so I might have to make this a PBP thing anyway if it comes down to that.

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)

But yeah, if you're interested in wearing a pink shirt, and engaging in morally questionable deeds for a dictator in exchange for flipping great wads of money/anything you can justifiably discreetly loot from UN forces or whoever you were fighting at the time. Hop right into the following server, where you can also be supplied with PTU info.
Partisans 1960s Discord Server
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 01:46:14 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] [Recruitment] Partisans 1960s: A Pokemon Tabletop United Campaign
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 01:02:25 pm »

ya boi is 100% getting in on this, even if its only slightly less a bad idea than joining a game has been

I rolled Rogue/Musician for classes, we'll see if I stick with that

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 03:31:52 pm »

I'll also probably be playing, been looking for a PTU game for quite some time.
Naturally, this spot is reserved for my own purposes
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:37:45 pm »

ya boi is 100% getting in on this, even if its only slightly less a bad idea than joining a game has been

I rolled Rogue/Musician for classes, we'll see if I stick with that
Ah yes, Hip Hop/Rap.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 09:25:17 pm »

I am here and will post it when I'm done. Also fine with PBP really.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 12:36:54 am »

ptw as i try to dig up the rulebooks and figure out where i am now?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 04:52:25 am »

seventh
Black lives matter.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 01:22:32 pm »

PTW
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.