Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: AME: On the Growth of Conflict OC: 2/5 Spark Slots- Turn 1 is up. Sparky!  (Read 2416 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the Growth of Conflict

We are thou, thou art I. Once, this world was a bright and colorful place teaming with conflict and aggression. Until the Rewrite where this universe was left to gather dust, return to nothing. But Time persists, Creation finds a way, Chaos reigns, and Balance tips the scales. And Violence rages against their death. They are gone now, nothing but dust and ruins remain of the once thriving universe. The Saga left for greener pastures. But I persist, to continue writing the story, to Record: On the Growth of Conflict.

TricMagic here to give a godgame another go. And continuing the tradition of copying Nakeen. This time around I'll be editing some stuff though. Join Record and me on this journey of conflict.

I - Elements and Sparks

This game revolves not around the Origins, but the Elements and the Sparks that are born from them. There are five total elements that Anchor reality. From two of these elements are born the Sparks, lesser beings that can affect the world. It is the goal of every Spark to take over one of it's parent's Domains by killing them and usurping it. It is the Goal of the Elements to restore the world and create new things to inhabit it. Needless to say, an Element is more powerful than a Spark, and some may choose to do something else so log as they are happy. Beware the tale of the Origin of Conflict however, in which the Origins were overthrown and killed by those they deemed lesser.

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

II - Mortal Plane, Astral Planes, Corrupted Planes, and Cycles

The Mortal Plane and the Astral Planes are interconnected, and happenings in one will affect the other. Corrupted Planes once existed, but have no natural connections.

You can only create freely create things in the Mortal Plane, and in Astral Planes you control. You can create in a non-controlled Astral Plane only if you are located in it, but you may suffer from a Malus if it is opposed to you.

Note: Servants are Not immune to plane dissolution in planes which are toxic to their core being, barring areas tied directly to you. They will take damage over time.

Spoiler: Mortal Plane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Astral Planes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Corrupted Planes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gates, Types and Tiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planar Cycles (click to show/hide)

III - Types of creations, Tiers, and Price Sheet

Some things have changed after the Conflict.

Spoiler: Tiers and Battle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cost Modifiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gate Costs (click to show/hide)

IV - At last. Actually no, we're not quite done.

Tier -, or 0 actions can only be performed by Sparks. The success of actions is not guaranteed, bad luck can interfere. And Sparks can travel from the Astra to the Mortal or Astral Planes for no cost but an Action, and vice versa.

Due to the Origins dying, time is strange. If one performs too much, they may find themselves unable to do what they set out to do, or do a subpar job. Likewise, Conflict and Growth are two sides of the same scale. Try as you like, conflict will find you eventually. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Origins.

On another topic, there exist Remnants from the Age of Genesis that can be found. They can range from domains to essences that one can use, or artifacts or places.

Note that the Origins are dead, their Concept set into broken stone. There may be new rules added sometimes. Right now I need five Elements to step up. I'll add the new stuff that gets changed here, so feel free to refer back to it.

New!
It wasn't stated, but in order to form a Realm in the Astra, you need 1 Ichor, 1 Essence or 2 Lesser Essence, and 1/2 Power depending on whether you used E or LE. As well as being inside a natural gateway. Making a place is not a free action as far as I remember. Though shaping a place within a location is something sparks can do for free if they are at that location, so, not limited to the first time. Just takes an action.

V - At last at last! The Character Sheets

Character Sheets
Elemental Gods chosen will get to shape the World  during the Rebirth turn. Once done, the Sparks can be born.

Spoiler: Elemental God Sheet (click to show/hide)

A note that each Spark has two Godparents. But each Spark cannot have the same two as another. Sparks can only share 1 Godparent.
Spoiler: Spark of God Sheet (click to show/hide)

VI - Templates

Spoiler: Guidelines (click to show/hide)

Artifact Template:
Code: [Select]
Name:
Origin/Element:
Class:
Description:

Qualities:
-
-

Species Template:
Species Name:
Origin/Element:
Tier:
Description:

Traits:
-
-

Servant Template:
Name:
Origin/Element:
Class:
Description:

Traits:
-
-

Landmark Template:
Name:
Origin/Element:
Type:
Description:

Law Template:
Name:
Class:
Target:
Effects:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:28:42 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict Gods and Sparks Thereof
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 03:27:31 pm »

ITS ALIVE! IC

Elemental Gods

Sparks: None, but the environment is there!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 01:32:39 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict (OC: 0/5 [0/5])
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 03:28:01 pm »

weave.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 03:28:26 pm »

and dead. Signups open.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 12:48:00 am »

Name: Bichaxeth
Physical Description: A great monolith of darkest obsidian, upon which all promises, agreements and sacred oaths are carved in gleaming gold at the moment of their birth.
Personality: Staid and rigid, Bichaxeth is not really as creative as the other gods, but inflexibly pursues and punishes oathbreakers and ensures agreements are carried out.
Element: Oaths
Elements description: That which is promised, must be carried out. That which is said, cannot be taken back. That when sacred oath is sworn, strength and ability is gained, but if broken, disaster and death soon follow. Your word is your bond, your trustworthiness your foundation. Let the tongues of liars be pulled out and used as farmland, as they cry for mercy which they do not deserve.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:44:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 05:42:23 am »

Name: 4277001901
Physical Description: A whirling cloud of four billion unremarkable silver spheres or thereabouts
Personality: Obsequiously helpful and keenly interested in anything that shouldn't be 4277001901's business. Chief among the things that doesn't concern 4277001901 is mortal population; 4277001901 will strive to maintain a population of 4277001901 for each mortal species regardless of the side-effects or consequences. Less importantly, 4277001901 will always try to manifest to those who manage to write down, speak, or otherwise arrive at the number 4277001901 by any means in order to provide a boon. Being an Elemental God, this rarely works properly.
Element: Numbers
Elements description: Nothing has a Number, and that is 0. Each thing has a Number, and that is 1. Each pair of things has a Number, and that is 2. Each triad of things has a Number, and that is 3. Everything has a Number, but what is it? The 4277001901 will give anything to discover this fateful Number and thus fulfill their purpose.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict (OC: 2/5 [0/5])
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 05:01:35 pm »

Name: Xxxxxbahhqist
Physical Description: a whirling cloud of four billion monoliths of plain silver, each adorned with the story of pasts and futures that could be equally true or false.
Personality: yes
Element: Chaos
Elements description: in constant shift- though it can be defined- it can only be defined from what can be perceived- and what can be perceived can only be observed based upon what has been defined- thus as it is seen and related to everything else it changes to both be and not be what has been, is, and can be, observed- its form is held based upon that which others expect- similar to the known but never quite the same, always baring a slight sense of wrongness as it isn't what one believes it to be until one believes it is something else.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict (OC: 2/5 [0/5])
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 08:04:48 pm »

Name: The Giver
Physical Description: A naked golden man of supernatural physique.
Personality: Capricious. Typically aloof, yet oddly generous when committed to a pet project.
Element: Prosperity
Element Description: Entropy begets creation.  Creation begets progenation.  Progenation begets growth unending: Prosperity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict (OC: 3/5 [0/5])
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 09:11:26 pm »

Name: Water
Physical Description: Water
Personality: Wet and Slippery, Flowing or glacial as the seasons pass. Water is flexible, giving and taking.
Element: Water
Elements description: Water; it is generally perceived as Water. Water is an inorganic, transparent, tasteless, odorless, and nearly colorless chemical substance. It is felt generally as a liquid, but can be found as a solid substance in freezing environments.  Its chemical formula is H2O, meaning that each of its molecules contains one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms, connected by covalent bonds.Two hydrogen atoms attached one oxygen atom at angle of 104.45°

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 09:12:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict (OC: 4/5 [0/5])
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 12:12:30 am »

Piping hot sparks! Come get ya sparks! Fresh out of the divine bakery, pilfered by only the finest handsmiths! Given to the discerning consumer absolutely free!*

* Free sparks may or may not contain traces of soulbinding contracts. Not nut free. Consume with care.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, opening strategy.

If water wants to make a planet, I'll put an ocean on it.  If you want to make an ocean instead, I'll pack it with sealife.  Let me know where you're starting.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, opening strategy.

If water wants to make a planet, I'll put an ocean on it.  If you want to make an ocean instead, I'll pack it with sealife.  Let me know where you're starting.

Instead of oceans, I vote for water moons that occasionally cause rain showers (i.e. meteor showers) according to a complex pattern of orbits, only for the water to evaporate back to the moons again through [magic] to form a wondrous water cycle.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 01:54:35 pm by Demonic Spoon »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So clouds?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Is there still room?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So clouds?
Water MOONS! Giant moon-sized spheres of water looming ominously in the sky!

Is there still room?
There is still room for 5 sparks. Signup sheet.
Name: What is your Name?
Physical Description: What do you look like?
Personality: That too if you want.
Spark: What is your Spark?
Which two Elements are your Godparents?
Spark description: Tell us more about your Spark. How do you perceive them, what are they, how do you feel them? Anything is fine there, the more the better.
Pages: [1] 2 3