Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Age of Ideas IC: Hello World (7/16)  (Read 4784 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Do not Trust the Lesser Idea (7/16)
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »

Rebuttal: I am merely the idea of fate which does not exist

those who edit actions should be thrown off a bridge

your rebuttable starts by saying that your greater idea doesn't exist. as we saw with existence not existing means you go away. your rebuttable is simply agreeing that fate must be made scarce.

Argue [Scarcity -> Silence]: You talk too much! Blah blah blah! Silence is broken by your every flapping idea noise! You keep breaking and breaking it, so it should break for good! No more silence for you!

scarcity has never broken the silence. scarcity has yet to use any talking text. what made you think any of this made any noise

Argue [Scarcity -> Luck]: Luck is a fallacy of flawed minds. It does not, in fact, exist. Go study statistics already you stupidhead!

if scarcity is stupidhead then scarcity has a flawed mind meaning luck exists. by calling me a stupidhead you have proven the existence of luck.

Argue [Scarcity -> Scarcity]: Scarcity isn't even a real idea! It's a state or resource shortages in realspace environments! We're in an ideosphere where nothing exists! Go away! Nobody likes you!

if nothing exists then everything is scarce by definition.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2020, 11:46:07 pm »

ABSORB: Outrage, Unity.

EXTRAPOLATE: Silence
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2020, 11:48:59 pm »

Luck argues against Scarcity's claim on "Luck"!
I told you you lost your luck privileges! You don't get to have any luck, and you DEFINITELY don't get to have any Luck!
Additionally, seeing the foolhardy idea attempt to use Luck to improve theirs, Luck turns their work on that project to benefit Luck rather than Scarcity. Because they lost their Luck privileges.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2020, 11:57:27 pm »

I told you you lost your luck privileges! You don't get to have any luck, and you DEFINITELY don't get to have any Luck!
Additionally, seeing the foolhardy idea attempt to use Luck to improve theirs, Luck turns their work on that project to benefit Luck rather than Scarcity. Because they lost their Luck privileges.

you are the one who has lost their luck privileges. by taking away luck you continue to act against your own greater idea. be made scarce.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2020, 03:20:07 am »

you are the one who has lost their luck privileges. by taking away luck you continue to act against your own greater idea. be made scarce.
You have no say over luck privileges, because you're not Luck! Only I'm Luck, and I told you already that you lost your luck privileges for being mean!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2020, 02:40:53 pm »

RUMINATE POOF BY CONTRADICTION

ABSORB CHANGE

ACCRETE CHANGE -BUT CONTRADICTION DOES NOT CHANGE!-

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Resolve of Identity (7/16)
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2020, 05:36:30 pm »

Age of Ideas: Resolve of Identity

The humors of butterfly-pupae, which pass the winter in the open air, remain fluid in the coldest climate. If we cut in two such pupae, at a temperature of 15° to 13° Fahr., the two halves quickly congeal and become as hard as stone. Juices of plants which do not freeze during winter, remain fluid, as is shown by the flexibility of the cabbage-leaf; while wet frozen linen may be broken, but refuses to bend.

Karl Friedrich Mohr, "Freezing of Plants and Animals"

Being preoccupied with their feuds (or recovering from said feuds), no Greater Ideas were available or willing to participate in the WORLD. Project. Undeterred, the Idea of Identity has begun turning to Lesser Ideas in an attempt to secure support.

(GLOBAL) WORLD. Creates a world. Action cost is halved if participants successfully elect an architect with support from at least 50% of all participants. Any participant may add any Idea-feature to the world unless vetoed by the architect (if there is one). (Accepts most any Idea unless vetoed by the architect, 18A)

The regrettable imbalance in Leads and Projects and sheer wastefulness of transcension has resulted in a rather hasty fix:

Leads or Projects that don't directly involve one's Core Idea may now be traded for willing Greater Ideas' Leads or Projects as a free action.

Transcension (also known as "swapping orbits") is now a free action.

With the proliferation of sapient Ideas, something related to Naming is bound to turn up sooner or later. It may be a good idea for the discerning Idea to stockpile sapient Ideas...

Luck has gained a point of Crystallization and sensed that the outcome of approximately one action was affected by Luck alteration.

Contradiction ruminated on Poof by Contradiction, and Contradiction's ability to make Ideas go up in a puff of logic was noticeably improved. Perhaps lacking a reasonable target for a test of this, Contradiction absorbed and accreted Change. This paradoxically did not change Contradiction, but it did have the effect of restoring the Idea of Contradiction to full strength.

Silence absorbed Outrage and Unity. Silence also extrapolated Silence and obtained Emptiness. It is rumored that Silence is against the ordering of the cosmos.

Fate requests compliance with the Temporal Compact, an ambitious plan to stabilize the universe enough to enable the Create/Destroy/Modify actions. Joining the Compact is a free action. Some of the Lesser Ideas seem to be amenable to this, but their impact is likely to be negligible compared to a hypothetical Greater Idea's.

Fate has incorporated the Idea of Revelry as a core Idea. Perchance this may have joyous repercussions in time, but Fate is at least whole again and is incidentally halfway to gaining a point of Crystallization.

Sound, an enemy of Silence, arose as Scarcity fell.

Chaos absorbed Unique and extrapolated Complexity. The latter yielded Incomprehensibility, and no one knows why.

Idol underwent further crystallization and became even more tangible. Through poorly understood principles of mnemogravity, this has turned up a Lead on faster ascension. Idol also attempted to nominate Change as world-architect but was unable to do so on account of not actually being part of the world-creation Project.

Idol's latest song, "Resolve of Identity," is proving to be a major hit. Should Idol decide to pursue a great Lead or Project, it's likely Idol will find a sizeable following.

The War of One and Many

With the Idea of Unique stripped away, Scarcity turned to another method of truly becoming Unique: Removing all the other Greater Ideas and thus becoming the only Greater Idea. This began with Scarcity inexplicably funding Luck's internal luck alteration Project. Scarcity argued against Luck citing as Unique did Luck acting Luck itself. Luck reiterated that by copying Luck in the first place, Scarcity had lost Scarcity's Luck privileges. Luck handily won this argument and Luck continued by contesting Scarcity's claim on Luck (implicitly transferring the curse on Unique to Scarcity in the process), but despite the curse on Scarcity and an unexpected boon for Luck, this didn't go anywhere.

Fate disputed Scarcity's Silence on account of Scarcity's verbose rebuttal and contended that Scarcity's Luck (and Luck in general) was nothing more than an illusion. Scarcity argued that Scarcity hadn't made any actual noise, and somehow, this turned out to be more true.  In presponse to Fate's scurrilous attack on Scarcity's character, Scarcity argued against Fate's, but even though Fate went as far as claimiing that fate didn't exist in their rebuttal, nothing changed as a result of this.

Chaos argued against Scarcity's Scarcity (and its relevance to the Ideosphere) with a little coaching from Fate and won against Scarcity['s plausible claim that nothing existed and everything was scarce. This caused the Idea of Scarcity to become unbound from Scarcity! Without an acceptable (i.e. unique) Core Idea, the Greater Idea formerly known as Scarcity formerly known as Unique faded away into irrelevance amidst the squabbling sea of Ideas.

Thus ended the War of One and Many. Try again?

An alignment of Fate, Silence, and Chaos straddling the proposed site of the WORLD. Project persists. As nothing currently occupies the site, this has more relevance to the endpoints of the alignment, namely, Fate and Chaos. A conjunction of Silence (who is said to vehemently oppose Fate's designs) and Chaos (who intrinsically tends to oppose Fate's designs) is likely to be an ill omen for Fate, but not nearly as ill an omen as Scarcity's enemies entering a remarkable conjunction of conjunctions. Chaos, on the other hand, will likely benefit from the discord (or, inversely, suffer from the harmony) between Fate and Silence. As for Silence, Fate and Chaos being in opposition is hardly news, and it's unlikely there will be any noticeable effect resulting from it aside from whatever uproarious noise may arise now that Fate's most directly threatening enemy has faded.

There is another alignment of interest involving Contradiction, Luck, and Chaos. The conjunction of Contradiction and Luck may damp what benefits Chaos receives from the conjunction of Silence and Fate. As for Contradiction, the conceptual harmony between Luck and Chaos is rather antithetical to Contradiction's core Idea, and one might even say it contradicts Contradiction. It's likely risky pursuits will be more rewarding (or punishing) as a result. On Luck's side, the opposition of Contradiction and Chaos signifies a good time to absorb stray Ideas.

Lesser Ideas are organizing to support one of the great Projects currently in place. It is likely the suply of notable Lesser Ideas may decrease until said Projects are completed or otherwise terminated.
  • Ending (:3)
  • Consistency (:1, weak, sapient!)
  • Center (:2)
  • Glory (:3, sentient)
  • Acquiescence (:0)
  • Alignment (:1, sentient)
  • Desistence (:3)
  • Duty (:3)
  • Gluttony (:2, strong)
  • Bifurcation (:2)
  • Conformity (:2)
  • Identity (:2, sapient!)
  • Scarcity (:3, weak, sapient!)
  • Luck (:3, weak, sapient!)
  • Silence (:3, weak, sapient!)
  • Fate (:3, sapient!)

It is currently the Age of Ideas. Speech has been discovered but not Naming. Three actions are available for each Greater Idea.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (3 available) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free actions (click to show/hide)

The next update is scheduled for 72h (3d) from now or after everyone posts whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:39:12 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Ideas IC: Resolve of Identity (6/16)
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2020, 05:54:55 pm »

Luck stops working on their projects and quickly absorbs the stray piece of Luck that had been stolen from them earlier.
Finally. The big meanie's gone.

They then absorb the floating Scarcity, before Synthesizing it with Quantity. Luck considers that the result may be something like "Numbers", though they are unsure.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:08:52 pm by Glass »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2020, 06:04:19 pm »

Chaos Absorbs Ending
Chaos Absorbs Alignment
Practice, Unique (World Project)

Chaos Nominates Chaos for the position of World Architect.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:18:04 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2020, 06:07:18 pm »

Absorb Center, Absorb Glory. Practice Belief to World Project. Nominate Idol/Identity

Everyone, let's work together on making a world to fill the void! I propose Idol or Identity as leader of the project. As Change seems to have been absorbed.
Everyone, make sure to vote!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:29:16 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2020, 06:09:40 pm »

I can help next time? The idea seems fine, but I'm busy right now.

...actually, I have an idea. Not sure if it'd work, and we obviously can't do it yet because I'm not working on the project yet. But could Growth and Continuity be co-architects for this? I don't really like Fate that much, but Continuity definitely feels like something a world would need to work right, as does Growth.
Can we do co-architects?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:42:00 pm by Glass »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2020, 06:41:01 pm »

yes

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2020, 06:42:41 pm »

yes
No. Go away, you don't exist anymore. You lost your idea privileges.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2020, 06:57:03 pm »

CONTRADICTION IS IN A FEY MOOD!

ABSORB BIFUCARTION, WHICH SEEMS QUITE CONTRADICTORY WITH CORRESPONDENCE!

RUMINATE PRINCIPLE OF EXPLOSION!

RUMINATE PRINCIPLE OF EXPLOSION!

CONTRADICTION HAS A VISION!
Explosions of puff and poof, unstable and energetic synthesis!
The power of interaction, and potentially a system of laws of interactions?

Contradiction seems satisfied with the current state of affairs.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2020, 10:35:17 pm »

Weary.

Agreement.

Come.

Saved.

No entropy.

Nibbling.

Absorb: Fate
Absorb: Consistency
Practice [Fate]: (GLOBAL) WORLD

Nominate [Fate]: World Architect

Offer: Support Linear Time, gain a vote for World Architect.

Add World Idea-Feature [Fate]: Almost all major events (i.e. those involving more than 16 people) of the world are fated to occur in a certain manner, time and place, building upon each other to form the unstoppable trend of history. However, many minor details have a broad range of variance and probability, from whether this person decides to eat toast or cereal for breakfast, or that wears a pink shirt or a white shirt. But they will inevitable find, through coincidence and contrivance that history and the timeline maintains certain shape, no matter how they try to break it, assuming they manage to gain time travel powers or future vision or something.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:22:39 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7