Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magical Attributes  (Read 824 times)

vladilima

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Magical Attributes
« on: December 11, 2020, 07:56:45 pm »

I've been thinking of things that the Myth and Magic update could add, and one thing i find limiting is that my dwarf adventurer will never be able grab a forgotten beast, spin it and fling it by its tail like Bowser. It's frustrating really, so i came up with the idea of "Magical Attributes", which can be endowed to a character after something (i.e. Blessing of the gods, a ritual, magic steroids), so they suddenly acquire Herculean strength, or some stupid amount of agility, skin of stone, a stupid healing factor like deadpool or something, and it can go for soul attributes too, like analytical ability, willpower, linguistic ability, musicality etc. the possibilities with this are so cool and it would spice up historical figures even more i think. More ideas and feedback are welcome and all.
i am currently trapped in famous actor Vin Diesel's basement and he is torturing me this is not a meme send help

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Attributes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 09:29:47 am »

It definitely would make sense for Demigods and maybe Hero starts to have non human / dwarf / mushroom etc. abilities at the beginning.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 07:43:18 pm »

We could use the interactions, secrets and the curses interfaces for these.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 08:53:04 pm »

We already can; the game already has stupid amounts of agility, herculean strength, stupid healing factors, increased soul attributes and so on with the interactions system already in the game, and you can even access some of these by rolling dice in the current version.