Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tracking Sand  (Read 462 times)

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tracking Sand
« on: November 26, 2007, 05:29:00 pm »

So I started in an area with a lot of sandy deposits near the surface (not a beach, but just biomes with sand as the first layer, and rock further down--I'm starting a glassmaking operation).

What I'm seeing, though, is that these sandy areas are growing over time--one "down" tile of a ramp I built to my sub-level trade depot has been blocked by sand. The areas seem to be near where dwarves come and go--are the dwarves tracking the sand around like that blood bug that everyone had a version or so ago?

If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Sand
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:32:00 pm »

No, they're trampling the grass. The sand is what's under the greenery.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »

I think they're tracking the sand.  After all, did the trample the greenery on your ramp?

I designated a single tile sand collection zone on one of these tracked sand tiles.  Eventually, it disappeared.  It might be due to collection, but I suspect that it was due to winter cleaning, same as blood and mud and puke.

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »

i have never had sand tracked about however i have had lots of greenery dissaper to reveal the soil under it in hevily trafficed areas
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 06:46:00 pm »

Well, trampling the grass makes sense, except when it happened on that down-ramp tile, turning the tile into a sand floor. In that case, it seems to be a bug.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.