Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]  (Read 7435 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2020, 04:43:24 am »

Gamma thinks, rubbing at their cloud with an adamantine tentacle.
The point of the Superhighway's to make sure we get as much of the soul as possible. Feathers, could you ask him how much efficiency we'd expect to lose from the micrafters? But I think I understand the reasoning.
Antonine states that he plans two lines of projects.

1. Mass commercial advertising reincarnationators (name subject to change). The idea being that, souls are shown a advertising for a project and then shoved back into life to begin again. A few cycles of this, and you have a soul that unconsciously gravitates to certain products. This won't be something that all souls are exposed to, nor will Antonine be extracting direct SC income from the Soul Transit business from this.

2. Afterlifenettes (name subject to change). Minature afterlives that drain the soul of energies, spitting them out for reincarnation or otherwise. These will directly harm SEC SC revenues. Antonine states that he needs someway of recouping his investment.
"How much efficiency should we expect to lose from your afterlifenettes?"

Antonine says that if he runs things conservatively, he expects a 15% loss of 'efficiency'.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:05 am »

"Note I have reason to believe that the Rodgini's future souls will be severely impacted by these practices, as they are designed to give their souls away. If they are given away to a product or these afterlives, the resulting soul will likely be severely degraded. I am leading them to believe giving away parts of their souls will strengthen them, and those souls will regrow. Giving them to the gods result in stronger minds and bodies. Trough that belief and plasticity of the soul, SC income will be increased, and we will receive a greater amount of soul ourselves as well while they live."

"There is no major reason to rush the highway's construction, as by the time it is needed it shall be complete. And hopefully with no major detours and stops."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:31:46 am by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2020, 09:28:04 am »

Gamma is going to start trying to figure out how much his Superhighway is actually likely to help soulflow to the Point.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2020, 09:36:36 am »

"As I understand it souls will naturally flow to the Point. Your highway would draw them in and ferry them along, reducing spread and speeding travel. This is only useful if you don't give so much of the souls quality away that you would be better off with natural progress. The issue with degraded quality is also that it makes species less profitable than mortals. Such a highway is more suited to be a labor of love and hard work that does it's job with no distraction. Someone already leased 20% of their soul, and so 20% of what they eat will be taken, like a divine tapeworm."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2020, 09:38:08 am »

Quiet, I'm doing calculations and calculus and matrix algebra and stuff.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »

Dalarin sculpts one of the regions in the hairball archipelago into a isolated valley, being careful to pick away any non-plant entities and to add a ring of basic structures for the dying god's followers to inhabit while their god laid in the center for their tomb. The followers would likely have to make the tools and buildings beyond Dalarin's initial cave-homes, but it would suffice till a mortal affairs officer could give them proper treatment. He then promptly deploys the dead god's followers into their new residence valley.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2020, 02:33:00 am »

Gamma is going to start trying to figure out how much his Superhighway is actually likely to help soulflow to the Point.

Gamma predicts a 28% increase in efficiency.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2020, 07:51:28 am »

Use an EBA to build the Mausoleum

Use another EBA to make a flat continent with very fertile land

Use third EBA to create the cave of sound, built with a raised platform, it is designed in such a way that the voice of the being that stand on that platform would be clearly heard from all across the cave

Finally make a giant spire, it base is the size of a large town and it goes many kilometers up in the air, with it becoming more and more challenging to climb the higher it get
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2020, 10:16:42 am »

Gamma predicts a 28% increase in efficiency.
So getting the extra funding would mean we have 13% net increased efficiency... and given current Act availability and assuming no help from Kęklos...
Five-cycle difference in the time taken to construct the Superhighway. Hey, does anyone know the ratio of how much the bosses care about immediate earnings compared to over time stuff? Because unless they're really patient, it's likely better to take the deal.

(OOC note: I did some calculations using geometric series and levels of patience. Basically, assuming a 5-turn difference in construction time, the 1.13 multiplier is worth more than the 5-turn-delayed 1.28 multiplied unless the present value of the souls goes down by less than 97.54% per turn. If we call it .13 and .28 instead, it's 85.77% instead.
Basically, if the SEC will be satisfied with souls no matter when they come, the Superhighway is best built on our own. If they want them now, though, we should take the deal.)

That said, Kęklos, if you spend your time actually helping me with the construction rather than... whatever you're doing, we can have this done only a cycle after it would be if I worked on this by myself with the aid from Mr. Antonine. Could we please do that?

(OOC note: if we do this, the required patience is 88.28125% if we assume 1.13 and 1.28 or just 46.43% if we assume .13 and .28. Either way, big improvement.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:19:18 am by Glass »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2020, 10:19:58 am »

(Souls will naturally drift to the Point anyway, so waiting for the increase in effeciecy will have better long-term effects. That and we can't trust they will stick to contract, they only gave the lowball number, not the higher ones. Just look at the slime.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2020, 10:25:43 am »

Feathers, would you ask him about the upper bound?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2020, 10:26:14 am »

Kęklos offers to help GOD in his endeavors in creating a Superhighway.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2020, 10:37:08 am »

Thank you!

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2020, 05:43:27 pm »

"Sure! Also, if we do accept his offer, we should explicitly state how much of our output he's entitled to."

Feathers then approaches Antonine. "And how much efficiency would we lose if you ran the afterlifenettes at full capacity?"
"Thank you."
Assist the construction of the Mausoleum with Deathly Pointers.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2020, 06:09:46 am »

"Sure! Also, if we do accept his offer, we should explicitly state how much of our output he's entitled to."

Feathers then approaches Antonine. "And how much efficiency would we lose if you ran the afterlifenettes at full capacity?"
"Thank you."
Assist the construction of the Mausoleum with Deathly Pointers.

Antonine chuckles. "Why, all of it. Which is why I plan to run it conservatively."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10