Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]  (Read 7473 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2020, 06:04:59 am »

Durthu the Dealer: ”Accepting 2 EBAs of Silence so that I have to not deal with any inconveniences in the future for your 10% of soul transfer, you should be garnered permission to speak to the other godlings in the future if you are not already able.
Accept Durthu the Dealer’s Offer

(I feel it necessary to clarify that Durthu will be leasing 20% of your soul. Are you attempting to change the deal to 10% of soul transit gains, or do you really mean to lease your soul? It is somewhat unclear)

Uvum-of-Eight-Leaves: ”While already accepted, we should discuss more on what is needed for you to become a planetary bodies for the mortals being bought, maybe you could be used as the body from the Wolf-Headed Slime, but since it needs to be habitable maybe the spare parts could be used to help you fulfill in that role instead?.

Uvum supposes that might be sufficient material, yes.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2020, 09:19:54 am »

Gamma tentatively raises a tentacle.
Does anybody have something they want me to make? Because if I'm not making a planefact, I've got plenty of other stuff I can work on.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2020, 09:44:32 am »

Make a planefact, the planet they are arranging will die one day. we can have two habitual planets. At least yours won't die.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2020, 10:30:29 am »

Does anybody have something they want me to make? Because if I'm not making a planefact, I've got plenty of other stuff I can work on.
Something to keep the souls safe in the way to the point would be nice.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2020, 10:40:20 am »

Something to keep the souls safe in the way to the point would be nice.
Hmn...
Gamma, using both of his Employment-Based Acts, begins work on the Soular Superhighway, essentially a massive web of tubes and collection points that can capture souls and efficiently channel them toward the Point. In soulspace, it's quite clearly made of adamantium and quicksilver, but it appears something like the Milky Way when seen from the material perspective. There are numerous connection nodes along the routes where various en-route attractions could be added later, such as hotels, restaurants, and other such soul-enriching infrastructure.
Oh, and I'd like to be associated with Innovation, please!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:42:30 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2020, 11:18:35 pm »

Durthu the Dealer: ”Accepting 2 EBAs of Silence so that I have to not deal with any inconveniences in the future for your 10% of soul transfer, you should be garnered permission to speak to the other godlings in the future if you are not already able.
Accept Durthu the Dealer’s Offer

(I feel it necessary to clarify that Durthu will be leasing 20% of your soul. Are you attempting to change the deal to 10% of soul transit gains, or do you really mean to lease your soul? It is somewhat unclear)

Durthu the Dealer:" I desire the 20% of my own soul compared to soul transit for the 2 Silence EBAs as it is worth less than the communal pool, sorry for any confusion on that part."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2020, 11:47:37 pm »

Durthu draws up an acorntract, which it is assumed you sign.

[SHIFT WRITE-UP IN PROGRESS]
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [OOC]
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2020, 08:47:13 pm »

Shift 2: Under Construction Hello.

With contracts signed and verbal agreements recorded and archived, the Visitors carry out their parts.

The Wolf-Headed Slime, as if she was completely sure of your acceptance of her deal, calls in a bevy of decrepit interdimensional  cargo vessels and tugboats. Well, calling these hunks of barely functioning matter "vessels"is almost too kind. They resemble more vessel-shaped assemblages of bits and bobs that happen to be kept together by the interdimensional equivalent of duct tape and horse glue than actual vessels. Still, there are a great many of them and the Slime is already coordinating scrapping procedures. Indeed, she has brought in a small army of workers to breakdown the vessels and put them together to form a small planetoid. Eventually, in any case. The majority of the material is currently being put around Uvum.

Uvum, for his part, is almost silent throughout these procedures. In preparation for his death, Uvum has taken little for his continued survival and even speaking is an effort. He is likewise almost completely still as the various employees and machines of the Wolf-Headed Slime affix scrap piles around the titanic moth. The current plan is to make the planet (which the Slime has taken to call Uvum for obvious reasons) a sphere, with the Uvum acting as the planet's core. The Slime says, that at the current rate of work, the planet will be structurallycomplete in 2 Shifts. That is, it will lack an atmosphere or water or the like.

Severan settles down in a small room at the Inn at the End of the Universe, occasionally journeying out to perform observations and perform rituals of seeding. Severan says that he'll keep seeding until there's some sort of mortal life around.

The Bumbling Gardener has planted her sun; a delightful yellow sun. Nothing special, but it could have been worse. Already, it has given the Universe a source of light, a light that ought remain for the forseen future.

Durthu, having been requested to take root and offer his services to other SEC employees, takes root in a pot at the Inn at the End of the Universe. He grumbles somewhat at the indignity, but lovesthe texture and taste of the soil. He says that when a suitable planet is formed, he will take lodgings there. Two (2) SBAs of Silence have been distributed to Feathers for the duration of the lease. Two (2) SBAs of Life have been distributed to Sartanah for the duration of the lease.

The Glider That Trades drops off a shipment of  Marionetters and Rodgini, as requested [-15 SC from Universal Treasury].

Still without too much to do, some godlings thought up some pretty bright ideas and began preparations for their future endeavours.

Kıklos creates a Forge Station, a point in space that has the singular purpose of being a place wherein a godling by the name of Kıklos  - an employee of Shell Estates Company - conducts his creation of artifices and contraptions of various sizes and function.

Kokyangwuti knits some splendid thread from the void! It doesn't really have much purpose, but it does look and feel nice to the divine. Simpler beings simply cannot interact with such substances; they can't even sense it.

Iquana, making use of the leeway that SEC gives her and her alone, to create a habitable discus of a planet. Aided by Feathers and the scrap supplied by the Wolf-Headed Slime, the disc is completed at lightning speed. Due to Feathers' influence, sections of the disc exhibit a...deathly influence. Severan mentions that anything magical that pops up in those areas are liable to take part in the necromantic arts - willingly or not.

Gamma Omega Delta begins an ambitious and excruciating undertaking- the construction of a Soular Superhighway. This promises to be a labour-intensive, mind-burning and ludicrously expensive (for a new universe) endeavour! Still, if it were completed, soul loss could be massively reduced - assuming that it is maintained. Current projections postulate a total of 20 EBAs, assuming no hiccups or other issues. And there will be issues.

Shift 2a: Visitors
For whatever reason, there seems to be few visitors this shift.

A Lone Helper: a small sprite has appeared with a simple request. She wishes to simply settle down on the Discus and act as a advisor spirit to any mortals that pop up. She doesn't offer anything else in return, but she really does seem to be begging to be allowed this. An iota.

Luthern The Ravager: a beautiful walrus spider, Luthern is a warrior god of great ferocity. He has a simple request; allow him to lay his eggs on the Discus. He's sure that when they hatch that they'll turn out to be ravenous beasts and monsters - ones that he will return to slay for his own amusement. In return, Luthern will pay 7SC. Luthern of course, is a known wanderer and mercenary and it might be a few shifts after his eggs hatch before his return.

Spoiler: The Universe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SEC Operations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SEC Employees (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:11:00 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2020, 09:11:03 pm »

((I get two silence SBAs? Waiiy bought the acts.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2020, 10:01:59 pm »

(First Action) Kobas sees that mortals will not be able to survive in this harsh environment and so he waves his hand and creates oxygen. He does this by planting many trees to help the planet and the environment grow. (Second Action) Kobas sees the planet looks dull and decides to grow big green forests to lighten things up. (Third Action) Kobas decides to make a cloak out of the void itself, After doing this Kobas broods in a corner but still open to conversation.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2020, 11:04:02 pm »

((I get two silence SBAs? Waiiy bought the acts.))

(Whoops, got confused with the similar usernames is all)

(First Action) Kobas sees that mortals will not be able to survive in this harsh environment and so he waves his hand and creates oxygen. He does this by planting many trees to help the planet and the environment grow. (Second Action) Kobas sees the planet looks dull and decides to grow big green forests to lighten things up. (Third Action) Kobas decides to make a cloak out of the void itself, After doing this Kobas broods in a corner but still open to conversation.

((Your actions are unfortunately, invalid))

Actions: small scale uses of divine power or  mundane actions, these are usually undertakings of a mortal-minor entity ("demigods") power scale or lower. These can include such simple actions like farming on a plot of land, destroying a city, administering a kingdom or wrestling a whale into submission.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:06:17 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2020, 11:30:58 pm »

Feathers perches on a particularly jagged piece of wreckage within one of the Discus's necromantically infused regions and addresses the other godlings.

"We should be able to deploy our mortals and begin soul production shortly. I believe it prudent to address matters of religion now, before the practices of the Rodgini solidify or the Marionetters decide I'm their trickster god wearing a raven skull as a hat.

"I suggest that we spread a fundamentally accurate theology: we are the rightful administrators of the universe, granted dominion over it by our distant masters. Each of our names and roles would be known to every mortal upon our worlds and they would revere us as a pantheon. Of course, some of us may be more focused upon than others, but that is merely an unfortunate inevitability.

"Of course, evangelism is the duty of Kokyangwuti and Shiny. I shall defer to them on that matter."

A Lone Helper: a small sprite has appeared with a simple request. She wishes to simply settle down on the Discus and act as a advisor spirit to any mortals that pop up. She doesn't offer anything else in return, but she really does seem to be begging to be allowed this .
"I imagine you're not powerful enough to offer us much of anything? Well, it's not a problem. Come on in, my coworkers should be releasing some imported mortals shortly."
Accept the Lone Helper's request.
Luthern The Ravager: a beautiful walrus spider, Luthern is a warrior god of great ferocity. He has a simple request; allow him to lay his eggs on the Discus. He's sure that when they hatch that they'll turn out to be ravenous beasts and monsters - ones that he will return to slay for his own amusement. In return, Luthern will pay 7SC. Luthern of course, is a known wanderer and mercenary and it might be a few shifts after his eggs hatch before his return.
"Just how dangerous will your young be? In particular, will they be powerful enough to harm my coworkers and I?"
(Whoops, got confused with the similar usernames is all)
((No worries, clerical errors happen.))

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2020, 11:31:17 pm »

In my fancy new forge, I begin to craft a giant red button to tempt mortals with. When pushed, a small little confetti popper will fire... that's it. When asked why he decided to make such an item, Kıklos simply shrugged... in whatever way a being that is a giant floating ring can shrug.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2020, 11:32:44 pm »

Dalarin the cat sees what Kobas is attempting to do, and steps in with his EBAs to do the tasks of generating a atmosphere, A continent and a forest ecosystem with a careful bit of pawwork and a unexpected hairball.
He then promptly demands petting from Kobas in return.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:55:32 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2020, 12:15:43 am »

"Foundation: Present. Required: Landscape."

Sartanah molts on the fledgling disc-shaped world, leaving behind *Carapathia, an incredibly life-infused carapace-continent. (-1 Life SBA, -1 EBA?) While life in general may appreciate a small refuge from the necrotic aura on the rest of the world, an excess of life isn't without its downsides. In regions where *Carapathia's life-giving aura is particularly strong (i.e. parts of Sartanah's shell once close to soft tissue), complex life forms are liable to develop tumors, once or potentially living material like wood, leather, fruits, and meat is likely to regrow, and even simpler or more radiotolerant life is likely to mutate faster in less strongly life-infused areas. For some strange reason, most creatures altered by *Carapathia's influence (but surviving to reproduce) will likely converge on one body plan in particular after several generations...

A Lone Helper: a small sprite has appeared with a simple request. She wishes to simply settle down on the Discus and act as a advisor spirit to any mortals that pop up. She doesn't offer anything else in return, but she really does seem to be begging to be allowed this .
"I imagine you're not powerful enough to offer us much of anything? Well, it's not a problem. Come on in, my coworkers should be releasing some imported mortals shortly."
Accept the Lone Helper's request.
Provided the shift hasn't ended, Sartanah completes employment paperwork for the Lone Helper. The Lone Helper is now an entry-level member of the SEC family.

"Congratulations: Employment. Advice: Leverage core competency: Engage emerging expertise!" (-1EBA?)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10