Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]  (Read 7448 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open Foe Business!]
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2020, 04:51:51 am »

While the Company Reps haggle with the freeloaders currently clogging the reception area, Kýklos, not being a company representative, decides to put in a work order for a Forge Station. Despite having no apparent legs or eyes or hands, Kýklos assures that "he's done this before".
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2020, 06:21:46 am »

(What is the purpose of a Forge Station?)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2020, 07:14:28 am »

(What is the purpose of a Forge Station?)

A place to make artifacts. Any self respecting Godling who styles himself/herself a Utility Manager requires the proper workstation.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2020, 07:39:18 am »

So what is Kobas able to do now exactly? I’m a little confused.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 09:03:05 am »

Severan The Travelled

"And what would this seeding of magic do, hmm? I suppose a tower of sorts would be doable, though you may need to supply the materials. We are a bit empty at the moment. And given you are the only mortal, it is in my job to assist you. Shall we discuss the terms of your arrangment?"

Due to being a Mortal Relations Officer, and Severan being a sort-of-mortal, I can actually do something.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 09:06:11 am »

So what is Kobas able to do now exactly? I’m a little confused.

((Basically nothing at this point))

Severan The Travelled

"And what would this seeding of magic do, hmm? I suppose a tower of sorts would be doable, though you may need to supply the materials. We are a bit empty at the moment. And given you are the only mortal, it is in my job to assist you. Shall we discuss the terms of your arrangment?"

Due to being a Mortal Relations Officer, and Severan being a sort-of-mortal, I can actually do something.

Severan glares at you when you mention him being a mortal and refuses to speak to you.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2020, 11:18:40 am »

Action: Knit thread from the void of nothing.

If one does not wish to talk, I suppose I'll knit some thread with my spider legs. Got to start somewhere. With nothing around, I can just keep knitting for however long it takes for Something to be around besides the thread.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2020, 11:40:51 am »

Iquana will start making a habitable planet, It will be in the shape of a disk to minimize needed material and creation time, it will spin on it edge to allow a day night cycle and change it tilt over time to allow seasons.
"I worked for a guy that made those decorative planets, it's all about pressuring the ground into the shape you want"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2020, 11:43:54 am »

The Glider That Trades welcomes your willingness to take their goods, no questions asked, but they really would like to show you what they have on offer first.
"No ecosystems? Well, I'll take the Marionetters and Rodgini."

Purchase the Marionetters and Rodgini. Pay up front. (15 SC)
Severan glares at you when you mention him being a mortal and refuses to speak to you.
"Apologies for my colleague's presumption, honored archmage. I, personally, am quite interested in your proposal. Could you describe the magic system you're offering us in more detail?"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2020, 01:06:06 pm »

Waiiy gets into its godly appointed secretary cubical office and connects itself to the other godling’s discussion, and sees all the notifications about its assigned role and having to negotiate with the Visitors, as well as getting a barrage of astral group mails about the lack of an authorized Biotic Designer or Stellar Engineer, and the slowdown of getting the soul-transfer active, irritated and thinking about sending an appeal to upper management on requesting someone to change one of their roles so that they don’t have to deal with any hassle and already adding to its workload.

The Glider That Trades: ”Greetings Glider, Waiiy from… SEC as its Company’s Representative speaking, we need a source of souls to finance our company and your “Hunams” seem to cause the less amounts of complications for that, well except for the fact that they seem to self-replicate and cause havoc but the more important part is whether their intelligence enough to par to serve as a source of piety but hopefully they have their… self-preservation instincts in tack?, As well of the matter that they are constructs, they seem like they don’t need things like a working atmosphere and other biological necessities to survive, so they could certainly be a bought asset from us. But your freeform free-will mortals such as the Rodgrin would be more useful if we had a more normalized planetary body to place them, which we don’t. Do you have any form of stasis for the mortals if we were to acquire them and be put in hold and packaging, until we are ready to place them into existence?

Severan the Traveller:” I’m going to be more concise with you, spellcaster. While rooting our lands with magic is a well-conceived offer, you work on a different spectrum then divine law. Thus, if a contract were to be drawn and signed, it would have the rules that you can’t interfere with our transfer of souls and you can’t keep any of your work under interference. On the down low, may I request why you desire to live in this new universe and your intent?

The Bumbling Gardener: Your deal seems to not cause much interference, however the perpetually part of making SEC’s newly established universe with light sources and star is much desired but the asking price is the important part, I ask you to confirm what percentage you are asking for.

Durthu the Dealer:
navy]“Requesting more information, are you willing to provide an repetitive source of SBAs for an exchange of souls?, as well as who would be provided these SBAs, the godling who accepts this deal?. Your offer seems very tempting to kickstart this universe”.

The Anxious Hoarder: “Nearly Accepted, and even if we are lax with cosmological environmental regulation, may I still ask what these cosmets will do as well as the exactities of your payment in return?”

Uvum-of-Eight-Leaves: ”While being served as Sun for the planets is the thing that is being requested, a planetary body is even more so. Is it possible for mortal life to live upon you as well as more boring ecosystems in such? My intuition believes your gravitational pull is strong enough to act as one and if the creature’s weren’t biological in the first place I believe that you can infer what I am hinting at. However, your death is a prospect that I must be looked into, will your body eventually deteriorate into matter into the void of space once you are gone or can it still support a population?”

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2020, 06:36:28 pm »

Purchase the Marionetters and Rodgini. Pay up front. (15 SC)
"Apologies for my colleague's presumption, honored archmage. I, personally, am quite interested in your proposal. Could you describe the magic system you're offering us in more detail?"

Severan takes your apology curtly and explains that the magic he intends to seed this universe with is plastic. That is, it is a raw form of magic that can be morphed and adapted by belief and direct tampering by powerful magi or the divines. It is not a system by itself, more the raw energies that can become new systems. Once planted, magic will naturally grow, but can be strengthened in areas by infusions of divine essence. Or souls.

The Glider That Trades: ”Greetings Glider, Waiiy from… SEC as its Company’s Representative speaking, we need a source of souls to finance our company and your “Hunams” seem to cause the less amounts of complications for that, well except for the fact that they seem to self-replicate and cause havoc but the more important part is whether their intelligence enough to par to serve as a source of piety but hopefully they have their… self-preservation instincts in tack?, As well of the matter that they are constructs, they seem like they don’t need things like a working atmosphere and other biological necessities to survive, so they could certainly be a bought asset from us. But your freeform free-will mortals such as the Rodgrin would be more useful if we had a more normalized planetary body to place them, which we don’t. Do you have any form of stasis for the mortals if we were to acquire them and be put in hold and packaging, until we are ready to place them into existence?

The Glider That Trades says that if they were a less honest merchant, they'd smile and nod. The hunams require an atmosphere similar or identical to the sort wherein humans are found. They also require food and water and the like.

The Glider also says that they'll put any purchases in stasis until they are ready for release.

Severan the Traveller:” I’m going to be more concise with you, spellcaster. While rooting our lands with magic is a well-conceived offer, you work on a different spectrum then divine law. Thus, if a contract were to be drawn and signed, it would have the rules that you can’t interfere with our transfer of souls and you can’t keep any of your work under interference. On the down low, may I request why you desire to live in this new universe and your intent?

Severan has no intention to interfere with your soul business, but says that not keeping any of his work is unacceptable. As for why he's chosen to live here, well, he says that he wants to observe the process of universe construction and the growth of civilisation. Its for his studies. He does say that he has a few choice ideas about how mortals ought develop, but does know that it is not his place to interfere too much.[/quote]

The Bumbling Gardener: Your deal seems to not cause much interference, however the perpetually part of making SEC’s newly established universe with light sources and star is much desired but the asking price is the important part, I ask you to confirm what percentage you are asking for.

The Gardener states that she is seeking 10% of all future gross souls. A large part of that would go towards maintaining the sun, she says.

Durthu the Dealer:
navy]“Requesting more information, are you willing to provide an repetitive source of SBAs for an exchange of souls?, as well as who would be provided these SBAs, the godling who accepts this deal?. Your offer seems very tempting to kickstart this universe”.

Durthu says that he is willing to put down his roots if you really want more SBAs. He says that he would provide SBAs to any godling chosen. He is very clear on the fact that he requires willingness on the part of the employee leasing their soul.

The Anxious Hoarder: “Nearly Accepted, and even if we are lax with cosmological environmental regulation, may I still ask what these cosmets will do as well as the exactities of your payment in return?”

He says that they'll do whatever it is comets do; they're comets. He says that he'll pay with some souls from his hoard.

Uvum-of-Eight-Leaves: ”While being served as Sun for the planets is the thing that is being requested, a planetary body is even more so. Is it possible for mortal life to live upon you as well as more boring ecosystems in such? My intuition believes your gravitational pull is strong enough to act as one and if the creature’s weren’t biological in the first place I believe that you can infer what I am hinting at. However, your death is a prospect that I must be looked into, will your body eventually deteriorate into matter into the void of space once you are gone or can it still support a population?”

Uvum thinks for a moment and slowly states that he could potentially become a planet, but that he would require more materials to be worthy of it. He supposes that his material husk might remain if it is not harvested or decomposes, yes.

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2020, 06:50:31 pm »

Kobas looks at The hoarder  and says  “ Why are we trusting him? He is eager to sell the comets and is very nervous, There is obviously something wrong with the comets or he would not be this nervous or as quick to sell them off. The comets even look weird, Let’s not buy from the obviously suspect dwarf who is sweating bullets right now.” Kobas is using all of his nonexistent charisma to hope the others trust him on this.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 08:17:46 pm by Knightwing64 »

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2020, 10:33:35 pm »

Iquana will start making a habitable planet, It will be in the shape of a disk to minimize needed material and creation time, it will spin on it edge to allow a day night cycle and change it tilt over time to allow seasons.
"I worked for a guy that made those decorative planets, it's all about pressuring the ground into the shape you want"
Assist Iquana with Deathly Pointers.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2020, 10:59:04 pm »

Sartanah conjures a dizzying many-dimensional spreadsheet and types strange glyphs away as the visitors give their proposals and the other godlings accept/discuss them and produces this summary of her own cost-benefit analysis report (which has since been sent to upper management in accordance with the principle of Maintaining the Trail Papyrean):

"Wolf-Headed Slime: Strong recommendation: Negligible cost or danger. Projected returns: In excess of 1500%.

Glider That Trades: Advise accepting. Biotic engineer: Absent. Preferred offers: False Dragon, Cythians, Kemese. Advise rejecting: Persper, Rainbow Serpent, Hunams.
"

"Severan the Travelled: Unknown quantity. Magic: Divine? Risk: Low. Threat: Moderate.

Bumbling Gardener: Meet for coffee? Correction: Accept. Cost: High, unbounded. Benefit: Love.

Durthu the Dealer: Cost: Acceptable. Request: Life.
" Sartanah offers a 10% stake in her soul for two Life SBAs. Not being a company representative proper, this is probably as much as Sartanah can actually do for the time being beyond liaisons outside working hours.

"The Anxious Hoarder: Strongly advise rejection. Risk: Moderate. Threat: High. Benefit: Uncertain. Request: Credit score.

Uvum-Of-Eight-Leaves: Invitation: Dinner: Restaurant at universe's end. Time: Next aeon?
"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2020, 03:04:26 am »

Severan the Traveller:”You are accepted in on the signing of this contract.
Interfering with the Soul Transfer will result in immediate termination and grounds for leaving this universe. Now sign here…”

Accept Severan Offer

The Bumbling Gardener: ”Fine you are accepted, make sure there is enough light for the planetary bodies to fulfill your side of the contract”.
Accept The Bumbling Gardener’s Offer

Durthu the Dealer: ”Accepting 2 EBAs of Silence so that I have to not deal with any inconveniences in the future for your 10% of soul transfer, you should be garnered permission to speak to the other godlings in the future if you are not already able.
Accept Durthu the Dealer’s Offer

The Anxious Hoarder:”It seems that your lack of clarity of how these cosmets will affect the universe in large and the lack of detail on your rewards, means I will have to deny your request. Have a good eon and we will be pleased to meet you again in the indeterminable future.” DENIED

Uvum-of-Eight-Leaves: ”While already accepted, we should discuss more on what is needed for you to become a planetary bodies for the mortals being bought, maybe you could be used as the body from the Wolf-Headed Slime, but since it needs to be habitable maybe the spare parts could be used to help you fulfill in that role instead?.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10