Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [Open For Business!]  (Read 7426 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

The ineffable cosmos are empty and dissolute. There is only the Point, from which all shall emerge from.

To the divines, it is an empty lot, a fresh pasture, an untapped mine. It is also atrociously expensive to even afford the transportation and administrative costs to even get there. Would-be masters of creation work odd jobs as adjutants, judges of the dead, commanders of armies, champions, sandwich makers, celestial objects, particularly dangerous artifacts or on-call substitution gods, etc...Just for the chance to get their own stake in a virgin creation.

But sometimes, a godling gets a lucky break. Sometimes, a celestial patron needs a few helping hands. Such an opportunity has come to you in the form of a crab.

Specifically, The Crab. In the distant past perhaps, The Crab had a name. For untold aeons, the divine has only been known as The Crab and all who look upon them and their aura know in their body and soul, that such a being is only known as The Crab. The Crab has offered has offered the chance of a lifetime: employment in the Shell Estates Company!

As contractors working for Shell Estates Company (SEC), you godlings have the task of running a brand spanking new universe! You'll be granted the powers of creation and destruction - to an extent limited by company guidelines and rules. Further powers and responsibilities may be granted after filling out a requisition form. Maybe!

Hi all and welcome to another attempt at a godgame that may or may not die before turn 2! This will be a more business-oriented game with smatterings of pseudo-business lingo for funsies and giggles. As godlings, players will play as employees of a distant corporation interested in the extraction of souls from the universe. This is done primarily by rearing mortals and making sure that they don't go extinct or  sweat out their juicy soul essence. If you're still interested, please do continue reading the rules below. If you're still interested, please fill out the application form at the bottom of this post. Not sure how many I'll take, but it'll be fewer than ten (10), greater than two (2) and not based on who posts first.

Spoiler: Company Policies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Godling Sheet (click to show/hide)

//discord.gg/mbaNgpwBwS
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:19:02 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods on Contract: New Hires, No Experience Required [OOC]
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 08:54:56 am »

Appendix  2a: Primers

Spoiler: 4. On Helpers (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:07:43 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods on Contract: New Hires, No Experience Required [OOC]
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 08:55:18 am »

Shifts

Shift 1: New Arrivals!: In which we meet our plucky employees - experience role trouble - conduct dark capitalist dealings
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 07:36:14 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Gods: New Hires, No Experience Required [OOC]
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 08:55:46 am »

[Reserved?]
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:13:35 am »

Name: The Water Spider (Crab) Kokyangwuti
Appearance: That of an old or timeless woman. Or a general spider species, including Spider Crabs and Water Spiders.
Personality: To advise, guide, and grow others to greater heights by presenting challenges. Not inherently good.
Origins: Originally a servant of Tawa, she later struck off and does weaving work for gods on the side. Her clothmaking skills are fairly well developed.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 09:53:27 am »

Name: Iquana
Appearance: A young lady, with long dress that seem to be made from different kinds of stone and land with jewelry made from plants.
Personality: Optimistic and cheerful, she enjoy the beauty of simplicity and practicality.
Origins: Was created as a replacement and negotiation tool between two gods of creation, after a deal was struck between them she was dismissed to the wider world(?), where she worked odd jobs trying to fulfill the godly dream of creating their own world.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 10:14:59 am »

Name: Kęklos
Appearance: A floating golden ring, roughly a meter in diameter.
Personality: Scatterbrained, easily lost in thought, daydreams constantly. A pretty cheerful godling through and through, but tends to annoy with their thoughtlessness. Prefers masculine pronouns.
Origins: Moved from job to job and could never hold one down for long. Was a low ranking courier for the CBFA before seeing The Crab's ad in the paper, figures a gig at world making and stewardship oughta sate his roving mind.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:17:15 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 02:25:40 pm »

Name: (Princess) Shiny
Appearance: A very pretty jellyfish
Personality: Flamboyantly; tends to be very concerned with how flashy, pretty, and noticeable things are, and a little less concerned by how well they work or what they do
Origins: Trying to hit it big as a divine entertainer. This is just a side gig until that happens!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 03:01:59 pm »

Going to be interesting at least. Hello Princess, now all we need is Ai Hikari.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 04:53:06 pm »

Name: Gamma Omega Delta (G.O.D., or Gamma)
Appearance: A large mechanical entity with a design seemingly inspired by octopi, with eight primary limbs extending from a central control hub. Each arm is constructed from a different divine metal, while the core appears to have been cast from stormclouds. Occasionally, they manifest temporary appendages out of lightning bolts, fire bolts, ice bolts, and the like from their core.
Personality: Gamma is primarily curious, and secondarily likes tinkering with things. They're overall a lot like an intelligent child: wanting to know more about everything.
Origins: Gamma was only recently constructed by a middling smith-god who was trying to figure out if they could artificially construct a god rather than having to find a someone else to have sex with to get a child. The answer: yes you can, but they're not going to have any more of an idea what they're doing than any other child god! Gamma has mostly spent the time since then swimming around the multiverse and watching other gods do things; they got to see mortals one time, though, and they thought they were really cool.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 06:13:08 pm »

Name: Sartanah
Appearance: A literal stone crab with a particularly attractive claw
Personality: An accountant by trade, Sartanah is obsessed with numbers and romance but is...considerably more skilled in the former than the latter to put it mildly. She adores shiny and glowy things and is working to save up godmoney to make a down payment on a proper sleigh with which to woo a suitably shiny or glowy someone.
Origins: Sartanah had a miserable time managing exceptionally apathetic and disloyal subcontractors in a particularly grim world thanks to their constant bungling and embezzlement, but that's all behind her now. She looks forward to overseeing the accounts of a fresh new world.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 06:41:38 am »

Looking good so far!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 06:43:19 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 07:23:50 am »

Name: Waiiy
Appearance: A nondescript expressionless humanoid made of the void and cosmos and sitting in a nondescript table, filing godly busiwork endlessly.
Personality: Exhausted and irritated, after through the years losing its inner core, has become exasperated through the monotonous work it does and losts its inner happiness from its creation and developed a form of godly depression which has resulted in its gloomy, short-tempered, and cold outlook on life as a whole. Has a hidden mutation in itself in which to find new meaning and inspiration for its own motivation.
Origins: Originally Waiiy, was developed by some sort of god of litigation as an assistant  in which to track all the cases and reports for the gods that violate Multiuniversal Law, in which Waiiy had a form of hope until the cycle of millennia came to Waiiy of the pointlessness of it all and realizing itself made no difference and becoming a shadow of its former self. Now itself being contracted by the Crab, Waiiy see it just another routine and emotionless task that it must fulfill, but deeps down feels like there's potential to reignite its creativity and expression.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 12:54:28 pm »

Spoiler: Feathers, undead bird (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 06:30:32 pm »

Name: King of blood and shadows, Also known as Kobas.
Appearance: A shadow with blood red eyes, Wearing a crown made out of bones with a blood red Diamond at the center.
Personality: A psychopath who takes delight in murdering people for his own amusement. He however loves souls, And if you give him some well who knows. Maybe you will get yourself a psychotic best friend.
Orgins: Created by the deaths of entire planets, Kobas went on to become a cleaner, A person who will get rid of of anyone you like, I mean getting rid of stains! You heard nothing! But Kobas hated every minute of it! and so when he saw a chance to do something new, he took it! and hoped that he would get to create something worthwhile for a change and maybe teach people how to “Clean” up other people.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 06:36:11 pm by Knightwing64 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10