Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111299 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 4 - You Definitely Screwed Up
« Reply #1605 on: January 09, 2021, 09:42:06 am »

Why do you think I would kill you Trickmagic? You of all people should know how much I trust you, unless something went wrong.

NJW
I’m surprised you people keep asking me whether I killed Vector. The answer should be pretty obvious and I spell it out here.

If you don’t you’re going to learn the hard way why I was so desperate to kill Vector.

Yes I killed them and I also shot Luckyowl, because I already thought they were scum, and they started throwing around red votes in a LYLO situation

Anyway, Mafia didn’t kill again last night. Let’s try to see if we can get to the bottom of that mystery.

Here’s my action claim again.

The only thing I tried this time was to fire a tracking dart at Leafsnail, only to get role blocked. Probably by him.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 09, 2021, 09:52:48 am »

I was roleblocked. Why did you just kill vector out of nowhere, not even giving him the chance to explain?

Anyway, what did you do last night LuckyOwl?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 09, 2021, 10:09:25 am »

I was roleblocked. Why did you just kill vector out of nowhere, not even giving him the chance to explain?

I thought they were trying to quickhammer, which meant I only had a limited amount of to time stop it. I gave my Exaclibur to someone else last night since I knew we had an item thief, but I had no idea if it ended up going to the right person.

Seeing the blatant pile-on on Leafsnail made me fear for the worst, so I ended up acting rashly. I was also at this point 100% convinced they were scum.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 09, 2021, 10:14:09 am »

Who did you give it to and what does it do? With a name like that?

Weren't you afraid the mafia stole it before?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 09, 2021, 10:20:57 am »

More specifically, I was afraid that the mafia would steal it from the person I gave it to. And from what I've seen so far, this very well might have happened.

As for what it does, it deals one damage to a target and lets me steal their vote to use as I see fit, as I tried to do yesterday.

If the mafia got their hands on it, the only hope town would still have of winning would be if I killed a mafioso before they got the chance to use it. I failed at that, so we're probably fucked now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 09, 2021, 12:50:06 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 1 - Luckyowl*,
TricMagic - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - Nirur Torir, TricMagic, Leafsnail, NJW2000, FallacyofUrist, heydude6*,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on January 11, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~55 hours remaining).

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 09, 2021, 01:32:54 pm »

So apparently somebody just tried to kill me shortly before webadict posted this vote  count. I understand why I may have pissed people off, but if there’s anything we should learn from this, it’s that murder should not happen before a discussion has been made. That kill could have been used on a Mafioso.

Fun fact, if it weren’t for Leafnail’s immortality, he would be dead. When Vector died, I got the gun she used last night and it was another one of those guns that can one-shot. More importantly though, the shots had already been fired meaning that she wasn’t blocked. Either the target was protected, or they have zero hp and are somehow still alive.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 09, 2021, 01:33:17 pm »

Which is what Leafsnail can allegedly do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 09, 2021, 01:35:27 pm »

Sure someone did. But where are these kills supposedly coming from? Likewise, you didn't answer who you gave the Excalibur to, which would be useful in determining what actions were performed last night and sussing out inconsistency.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 09, 2021, 01:36:18 pm »

Once more time is running down with nothing happening.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 09, 2021, 01:45:10 pm »

Trickmagic, I gave the Excalibur to you since I consider you a confirmed town. I didn’t want to say it out loud since I didn’t want the mafia to steal it from you like they stole your sprint hat, but the fact that you’re even asking this question at all tells me that it happened anyway.

I used my fast-hatter badge on this action as well, so my current working theory is that the theif targeted you last night and stole it after I passed it on to you.

If that’s the case though, I thought you would have at least received a notification of you receiving it, before receiving another notification of you losing it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 09, 2021, 01:48:51 pm »

If the mafia do have Excalibur, then our only hope is to hammer one of them before they get around to using it.

My first choice would be Nirur since I don’t think he’s immortal, but I’ll back Luckyowl’s NJW2000 since that has a better chance of making it through.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 09, 2021, 02:15:44 pm »

they started throwing around red votes in a LYLO situation
My first choice would be Nirur since I don’t think he’s immortal, but I’ll back Luckyowl’s NJW2000 since that has a better chance of making it through.
Feels ironic.

Thing is, we only have your word that the 'Excaliber' exists in the first place.

Let's take a step back. If the Excaliber exists and a mafia player has obtained it, then yeah, we need to hammer before the scum can get around to using it.

But there's two alternate possibilities you're ignoring.

1: the Excaliber exists and a town player other than who you intended has obtained it.

2: the Excaliber doesn't exist at all and you're using the hypothetical of it to push us to rapidly lynch without fully considering our options.

And on top of that? There's an additional factor to Vector's murder in play here. You have an auto that lets you pick up items dropped by dead players. Vector had claimed having the Dweller Mask. One plus one equals... you wanted that mask for yourself.

Let's set aside the possibility of quickhammering - it's a risk I'm willing to take in this game state. By now the mafia know that getting a lynch out doesn't mean that the game is theirs - Tric's hatmancy, my roleblocking and redirecting, your guns, and NJW2000's revival are just four examples of things that could cause a mafiakill performed Night 4 to fail or even kill a mafioso instead. Anyone who quick hammers will be marking themselves out to be scum.

heydude6. You're trying to rush us into a lynch without thinking things through. I don't think there's an Excaliber at all - and I won't believe it until I see vote manipulation happening. After you shot Vector so spontaneously, nobody should.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 09, 2021, 02:42:05 pm »

So do you think I was just faking when I tried to use it yesterday?

If you’re still convinced I’m scum, think of this. I can give my guns away to people. You ability inspected me, you know first hand that they’re just regular items. If I was scum, I would just give my guns to my buddies and have us kill multiple people in a single night or day.

Killing Vector for their Dweller mask would be pointless, all hats automatically go to Trick when the owner dies. Tric can you confirm that you got the mask when vector died?

Also, how do you expect a townie to have gotten ahold of Excalibur? They would have to steal from Tric, who’s pretty blatantly town. Only scum would try to steal from town.

As for your point about quickhammering outing scum, it doesn’t matter. If the quickhammerer marks themselves out to be scum, the game will already be over at that point. All it takes is for one more townie to die, and the mafia will win.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 09, 2021, 02:48:47 pm »

Fallacy, if we don’t act, they’re going to do the hammer. If Excalibur is somehow in the hands of town, then they should reveal themselves. If they do, then we’ll be able to breathe easy since then we would have reassurance that it isn’t in the wrong hands. And then we would be able to have a proper discussion.

they started throwing around red votes in a LYLO situation
Feels ironic.

Scum don’t hammer if the vote is on scum. If Vector isn’t scum, then it’s very likely that NJW is one.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 122