Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111589 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 4 - You Definitely Screwed Up
« Reply #1590 on: January 08, 2021, 10:17:27 pm »

Yes, I did shoot you. I thought you were on a scum team with Vector. Clearly you aren't though. It means I don't have to finish you off.

I hope you guys both realize that it was incredibly stupid of you to carelessly vote like that. I don't have my Excalibur anymore and as far as I knew, it had fallen into the hands of the mafia. I acted as rashly as I did cause I saw it as the only way to stop what I saw was a quickhammer.

Nirur

My attitude towards Vector started to sour when I was doing research for my mega-post. I stumbled upon a handful of posts that seemed suspicious to me, and I thought I had enough to build a small case. I didn't have the time to properly lay it out, but I give a brief summary in this post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With the flip now, I now know it isn't the case. NJW, Leafsnail, and Nirur Torir are my scum team. I vote for you specifically because the way you buddied Vector and Luckyowl was what made me think the three of you were a scum team. It's now more likely that it's just you.

I bet that you even successfully stole an ability off of Juicebox after all. The "Not-today" one that prevents one lynch. Bet you used it to save NJW.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 08, 2021, 10:18:46 pm »

Godammit Luckyowl. Even my most likely scum suspect is acting more rationally than you.

Actually, unvote. Best not to be a hypocrite.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 08, 2021, 10:19:33 pm »

Nirur Torir

We should still use the colour blue, like yesterday.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:42 pm »

K, it turns out that only the Horseman of death can use the ability "Not Today". Unless you did something funny with leave a comment (you know, this is a blatantly scum-sided ability since your buddies know all the necessary information to maximize potency), then this isn't how the revive was pulled off.

NJW are you finally going to explain what's going on with that?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 08, 2021, 10:26:26 pm »

Heydude. Bruh.

You know, this game has gone... really not very well for us. The only dead scum is Jim, and that's because of a modkill. Every time one of us was sure that someone was scum, surprise, they're town.

I said it yesterday and I will say it again!

The scum team is Vector, Luckyowl and Nirur Torir.
Case in point.

heydude.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 08, 2021, 10:31:01 pm »

But honestly, no. Saying I'm suspicious of heydude for repeated murderizing via bang bang would be hypocritical of me. I'm just as guilty of failure here as we all are - I thought Toaster was scum. I thought notquitethere was scum. If we want to get anything done we have to stop acting impulsively and think. Try to solve this puzzle and kill the scum before they finish us off.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 08, 2021, 10:39:45 pm »

Hey! If you didn't redirect me (and Web didn't screw up), Nirur would have been dead.

And I stand by my decisions. If NJW is scum, then he played the game very well. He rightfully called people out on their shit when he saw it, and didn't do much to draw suspicion to himself.
Nirur masterfully integrated himself within the town core to poison it (though luckyowl didn't help at all).

Vector on the other hand did all that stuff I previously mentioned, with the hammering stuff being the most egregious of it.
LuckyOwl was Luckyowl

You blatantly killed NQT

I ended up looking scummy due to a moderator error.

Ninjaed

I agree, it's time to think. People aren't throwing red names around anymore

*cough* Vector and Luckyowl*cough*
*cough*Also technically Nirur Torir too, but it's less egregious since it was only one red name *cough*,

so we can finally calm down and try to figure out who the scum is.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 08, 2021, 10:51:43 pm »

It’s not over yet though, there are four townies and three scum. As long every town member agrees to Lynch the same target, we’ll still be able to pull a win out of this.

Also Luckyowl, remove your red vote. In LYLO, town only places their actual votes once everyone agrees on who to lynch. If you don’t you’re going to learn the hard way why I was so desperate to kill Vector.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 08, 2021, 11:01:44 pm »

It's called a 'quickhammer'. Assuming you (LuckyOwl) are not scum and your vote target is not scum, it can occur. Basically, as soon as all three scum coordinate, they can all post votes on the person you're voting in quick succession, reaching hammer (at 4 votes), ending the day, lynching the townie, and in all likelihood winning the game unless there's a way for them to be stopped. And we shouldn't count on that.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1599 on: January 09, 2021, 03:48:51 am »

It's called a 'quickhammer'. Assuming you (LuckyOwl) are not scum and your vote target is not scum, it can occur. Basically, as soon as all three scum coordinate, they can all post votes on the person you're voting in quick succession, reaching hammer (at 4 votes), ending the day, lynching the townie, and in all likelihood winning the game unless there's a way for them to be stopped. And we shouldn't count on that.

Fine. I'll put my vote onto someone who the Mafia wouldn't vote on. NJW2000. I'm sorry, I won't play the blue game. I'm town, I'm paranoid, NJW2000 is scum.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1600 on: January 09, 2021, 04:07:29 am »

But seriously when is NJW2000 is going to explain his jesus moment. I wonder if that's one of NJW2000 auto or probably one of the player's ability. Maybe FOU? He did say he had another ability that he couldn't say about.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 09, 2021, 05:43:41 am »

NJW is going to explain his Jesus moment just as soon as he's out of bed. Apparently a day-action resolved before that could happen, days start at 1:30 am on my time.

About what happened D3

I am sorry about the tipsy late-night shitposting. I did indeed make a mistake about the order of Vector's quotes, I can't deny that.

Apart from me getting the order of some posts confused (the thread is the size of a small novel), I'd mostly stand by what I said in posts like this about Vector apparently not having read the thread... Nonetheless, this didn't *feel* particularly scummy, more like a sleep-deprived Town player getting defensive about their errors. Which was the sort of thing I was hoping to learn. Hence my desire to lynch FoU remaining constant.
The nonsense with the votes at the end was mostly me trying to achieve a useful result after heydude's switch - I figured it would be more useful to either lynch Vector or myself than to tie the vote, but I wasn't sure whether Vector's vote had been stolen. After Vector stopped engaging with me at the point where they could have really driven an attack, I wasn't as certain they were scum.

I still have no idea why they acted so erratically, buddied the weakest player, or didn't try to get people to pay attention when they thought someone had recieved two confirmed mafia results, but I guess that's life.

About what happened to the lynch

I'm somewhat death-resistant. A pity I had to reveal it this way. This should explain my lack of strong claimed powers: I claimed all the active abilities I have, limited and quite simple, what remains is a handful of mostly defensive autos. Quite powerful ones, as you can see.

No, I'm not entirely death resistant, and no, I'm not going to explain the best way to kill me, that would benefit scum.

About what happened last night

I used my block-protect-watch on LuckyOwl.

Why LuckyOwl? Strongest gutread. A fair bit of it from this post, which frankly came across as hammy acting.

I can confirm I was given a no bonk badge, via a party invitation.

Results: weirdly, didn't receive any, asking Webadict about that now.

Here's hoping LuckyOwl is scum, or we might be in N4 a lot faster than is ideal.

TricMagic: can you confirm this claim?

Heydude: did you just kill Vector? Because two town players and a 3rd party have died of HP loss.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 09, 2021, 07:55:21 am »

Not really, I don't think Leave Comment actually does anything other than tie to the one who gave us it.

Also also. Mafia won't win immediately if they equal us right? So long as we can survive?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 09, 2021, 08:02:33 am »

Also, Heydude-no-baka. You jumped the gun with that.

Based upon data and removing anything that is not known to be true. I think I can confirm the thief. Fal is the cat with fries, I'm Hat Kid, Leafsnail is dead-or-alive cat..

You know this would be easier if they were all compiled into a single post at some point. Who has claimed by now with their role?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 09, 2021, 08:05:42 am »

Buys Item Magnet immediately -100 Pons.

Pon~ No I am not going to die to you Heydude.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 122