Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111543 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1530 on: January 07, 2021, 07:38:05 pm »

This is true. Unvote.

Question becomes who to lynch in place though. Also important, who to delay tonight? It is very late in the day.
Don't you think that Vector only doing this very late in the day when they're in danger of dying is suspicious?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 07, 2021, 07:39:31 pm »

If I'm scum, getting lynched is not a big deal. If I'm town, I have to do whatever is necessary to prevent a mislynch.

I'm town, by the way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 07, 2021, 07:42:12 pm »

If scum they could have given it to another member of their team. My main issue with Vector was a case of power.

It kinda moves into full WIFOM. If Vector is alive tomorrow and hasn't full-role-claimed, then you know who to kill.

I really want to see heydude and fal vote though, SOON.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 07, 2021, 07:42:54 pm »

The FoU post Tric is talking about.

The Webadict post:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177586.msg8231266#msg8231266
Suggests he would allow modifications, which FoU initially said they wanted, then no longer seemed to.

I guess that a fair devil's advocate would say that FoU could have changed his mind based on how his action resolved buuuut... no mention of that, and hard to see how a "yep heydude has guns" result would change. Trying not to be influenced by the gutread in summarising that, but I am about to vote him(her? catgirl?) on it. "It" being the gutread.

I will indeed move the vote from myself at any moment. As I've had two votes on me before today, I'm pretty sure I can be confident scum can't or won't hammer with the current votes. Note Leafsnail, Tric, Nirur and heydude are all online or have been recently - just FoU, which seems a pity if they get lynched...
One wheel short of a wagon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:13 pm »

Thanks for outing yourself, third member of the scumteam who isn't voting the self-voter NJW. I had been wondering whether the third person was you or heydude.

Either NJW is town and throwing the game, or scum and self-voting because it's better to get killed before town takes control of their moves.

If Vector is alive tomorrow and hasn't full-role-claimed, then you know who to kill.

Oh, believe me, I'll fullclaim if I'm alive tomorrow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:51 pm »

So, I have officially lost access to the computer and now have to use mobile.

Let me give some opinions instead.

Players I find most scummy

Vector I was originally planning to make a full-blown case but can’t now. Suspicious things to look at. Originally started the Toony Lynch, but tried to distance themself from the bandwagon once it got going. I believe they posted one more big post supporting it, but I can’t dig it up right now. Try to find it yourself

Started a lynch against Iceytea during day 2 with Luckyowl. In that post, was the first poster to claim that Toaster was redirected when being framed made more sense.

Those whose  hammer shenanigans

Stupidly went along with Luckyowl’s plan, plus said I was suspicious for hammering despite their own involvement. Has not given an adequate defence for this yet.

Leafsnail I don’t give a damn about the lurking. Has been mostly posting crap and I believe they’re hiding several abilities in their role claim. I bet his claimed roleblock is just the brewing hat. Could be a catburglar  and stole Tric’s sprint hat.

Luckyowl This has been a bad day today. Taken Luckyowl stupidity to a whole new level.

NJW Doesn’t attack Leafsnail enough. Revealed no new information when he claimed watcher day 2. Argument definitely could be made that the two of them are scum team.  Otherwise has been pretty good so far, but not so good as to not be a scum playing the game very well.

Nirur Torir Read part 1 of mega-post. Has been giving me pretty town vibes during this day though. Could just be scum telling him to lay low since he was seen as pretty sketchy last time. Good emergency lynch if no consensus can be made.

Fallacy Blatantly killed NQT though, but bussed Jim. Has also posted many useful things in thread. Jim was in hot water though, so I can easily imagine scum bussing Jim to get ahead of the game.

TrickMagic: I made my argument in the second part of the mega-post. He’s town because his well-known abilities do not make sense for scum or third party

Heydude: I know I’m town
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 07, 2021, 07:47:56 pm »

If I'm scum, getting lynched is not a big deal. If I'm town, I have to do whatever is necessary to prevent a mislynch.

I'm town, by the way.
Except tie the vote, perhaps. This could apply to me too.

Nonetheless, FallacyOfUrist. Largely for my own benefit, I've determined that scum either won't or can't hammer right now.

I don't want to kill Vector over FoU.
One wheel short of a wagon

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 07, 2021, 07:48:24 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 2 - TricMagic*, NJW2000*,
heydude6 - 1 - Nirur Torir*,
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 2 - Luckyowl*, Vector*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 2 - Leafsnail*, heydude6*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - FallacyofUrist,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 07, 2021 at 19:00 CST (0 hours and 11 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 07, 2021, 07:48:59 pm »

If you plan to action, you have until 5 minutes before Day end. I will not be processing actions after that, as there would be no time.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 07, 2021, 07:50:13 pm »

If you plan to action, you have until 5 minutes before Day end. I will not be processing actions after that, as there would be no time.

The fact actions yet exist to be sent concerns me. Is the thief still active?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 07, 2021, 07:51:29 pm »

I will keep an eye on Fal's data. If a thief shows up there is going to be a voteshift from me.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 07, 2021, 07:51:39 pm »

Thanks for outing yourself, third member of the scumteam who isn't voting the self-voter NJW. I had been wondering whether the third person was you or heydude.

Either NJW is town and throwing the game, or scum and self-voting because it's better to get killed before town takes control of their moves.
I saw the insanity that happened the last time people panic-voted the last time someone did something stupid at the end of day.
Your play to emotion doesn't leave me real inclined to join the bandwagon over it. I'm halfway to switching to you,

but what's this? A sudden move FoU wagon over lurking EoD?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:28 pm »

NJW for suddenly moving to voting a lurker.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 07, 2021, 07:53:25 pm »

Plus they generally came out scummy in their fight with Vector, they haven't done much notably pro town this game, and they claimed a suspiciously weak role.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 07, 2021, 07:54:22 pm »

NJW for suddenly moving to voting a lurker.

Of note that was my NT. And leaf also lurks, Fal just gives off negative vibes from day 1, with a side of fries.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 122